News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

intake manifold for vacuum headlights....

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 28, 2014, 05:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

I have a canistor, but my carb does not have an intake vaccum.  If I wanted to could I take out my manifold, drill a hole, tap it, and connect to the canister to get my headlights to work?

fy469rtse

Or get a different fitting T with a second port nipple , the one where your power booster hose gets its vacuum

myk

Yes, this is how my car is set up.  The brake booster's check valve has two fittings on it: one that goes to the manifold, and the other that runs out to the headlight doors; mine are currently disconnected, though...

1974dodgecharger

actually my carb does not even have that it has no ports except the nipple port to test for timing to the dist.  Thats it....found out its a race carb.

myk

Yes, my 'carb has fittings for vacuum but I don't use them; I run vacuum off of my brake booster...

Back N Black

You need the fitting with 2 nipples that is located behind the carb, threaded in the intake manifold.

1974dodgecharger

Ill drill it back there then on the manifold or if my newer carb has a one spot I wont...looking to buy a used 850 DP this weekend, maybe.

NMike

you need a vacuum source from the manifold, not the carb