News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear valance end caps question

Started by deanj309, January 27, 2014, 11:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanj309

Hi everyone my question is....if iam replacing full rear quarters. lower valance.I have read and seen pics on here that the rear end caps have to be extended..is that true or if its all new does it fit within reason without having to cut and add thx!

tsmithae

I had all new qtrs, extensions, valence, and corners and both corners needed modifications.
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

deanj309

Thx your Paige help out with what to lookout for.I was hoping to salvage the original quarter because they had some rust in lower rear by the end caps with a few dents.but my body guy said...you might as well replace them too. I wish I could post pics of my quarter for opnion but can't load them from phone

bumper-car

Quote from: deanj309 on January 27, 2014, 11:10:19 PM
Hi everyone my question is....if iam replacing full rear quarters. lower valance.I have read and seen pics on here that the rear end caps have to be extended..is that true or if its all new does it fit within reason without having to cut and add thx!
Just my 2 cents here...the AMD val caps are DEAD ON...they are as mint as originals...even the valance is a perfect fit...its the 1/4's that need to be brought to the caps, not the other way around. Placement of the trunk drops will affect 1/4 to cap fitment too...

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bumper-car on January 28, 2014, 08:35:58 PM
Just my 2 cents here...the AMD val caps are DEAD ON...they are as mint as originals...even the valance is a perfect fit...its the 1/4's that need to be brought to the caps, not the other way around. Placement of the trunk drops will affect 1/4 to cap fitment too...

I agree.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ryan

Quote from: bumper-car on January 28, 2014, 08:35:58 PM

Exactly right. Extend the quarters to the end caps. If you dig around you can find my build thread that has pictures of this.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA