News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's baaaa-aaack

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, January 27, 2014, 01:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Was there a winning bidder?  I think thats still the same guy relisting it.

Homerr

I think he meant the winning bidder saw it in person and refused to complete the deal.

QuoteTHE PAINT IS ABOUT 10 YEARS OLD AND IS HOLDING UP VERY NICE. HAS ONE SMALL SCRATCH SPOT ON TOP AS SHOWN IN PIC BUT IS WHERE WOULD BE UNDER THE VINYL ROOF SO YOU WOULDN'T SEE IT.

bill440rt

Before opening this thread, I thought it was going to be about either this '68 or the famous flood car.  :lol:
:popcrn:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

472 R/T SE

Quote from: bill440rt on January 27, 2014, 04:23:41 PM
Before opening this thread, I thought it was going to be about either this '68 or the famous flood car.  :lol:

My 1st thought was the flood car.    ;D

What's the skinny with this one?

tan top

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 27, 2014, 04:57:37 PM
Before opening this thread, I thought it was going to be about either this '68 or the famous flood car.  :lol:

My 1st thought was the flood car.    ;D

What's the skinny with this one?

what I was thinking too

:rotz:    if it was a buy it now for 20 grand  might be a ok deal  , subject to giving it a good inspection  :scratchchin:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,107504.0.html
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

cudaken

I all so thought it was going to be the Salt Water Hemi Charger.

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 27, 2014, 01:41:50 PM
The winning bidder must have been horrified, as I knew he would be.....

So Mytur, why did you think that?

It is the same seller and it sold for $43,000.00 last time.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: cudaken on January 27, 2014, 05:42:48 PM

I all so thought it was going to be the Salt Water Hemi Charger.

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 27, 2014, 01:41:50 PM
The winning bidder must have been horrified, as I knew he would be.....

So Mytur, why did you think that?

It is the same seller and it sold for $43,000.00 last time.

Cuda Ken

I had a friend check out the car and he sent me about 100 pictures. The car is not as nice nor as complete as the seller makes it out to be. My guess is when the buyer showed up, he was disappointed and backed out. That is asuming that it wasn't all shill biddding.

In the seller's defense, he did say that no one else came to look at the car, and if that is true, I can't imagine someone was stupid enough to bid up to 43 large sight unseen. Knowing what I know, I wouldn't pay more than 20 for it.

A383Wing

yea..me too

Cooter

Oh boy, this thing again.  Someone needs to buy it and yank that motor for a rat rod. Junk the Rest...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

VegasCharger

Yep throw me in the pool of thinking it was "Sandy"

TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

kokxville

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

6pkrtse

Somehow I must have missed the old thread. Doesn't look all that bad to me. Still needs alot of finishing, but the hard part looks to be completed. The body & paint work. So what is the story on this car?
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Ghoste

I think much of the story is that the car isn't exactly as portrayed in the ads.  :shruggy:

Homerr

Quote from: 6pkrtse on January 28, 2014, 08:15:22 AM
Somehow I must have missed the old thread. Doesn't look all that bad to me. Still needs alot of finishing, but the hard part looks to be completed. The body & paont work. So what is the story on this car?

You missed this post in the original thread:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,107504.msg1309827.html#msg1309827

6pkrtse

Thanks. Now I am all up to speed. Not worth that kind of coin but then again, everytime I see what these old cars are going for these days I always say to myself I would never pay that. I don't have that much invested into all 3 of my cars together & that is after owning one of them for over 23 years.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Cooter on January 27, 2014, 09:13:48 PM
  Someone needs to buy it and yank that motor for a rat rod. Junk the Rest...

Junking it is far better than painting it orange.

ChargerSG

For 10k i would save it if, in whatever state... :icon_smile_big:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Cooter

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 28, 2014, 03:25:29 PM
Quote from: Cooter on January 27, 2014, 09:13:48 PM
  Someone needs to buy it and yank that motor for a rat rod. Junk the Rest...

Junking it is far better than painting it orange.
paint orange and before it goes to crusher, jump it at Dukesfest. Great idea turdbin.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mytur Binsdirti

Ghoste

If junking it is the suggestion then might as well take Cooters advice too. :shruggy: :yesnod:

Cooter

That's bout the only way this pos will stop being passed around like a $30.00 whore.

cudaken

Well it sold again for $31,100.00.

How bad could it be not to be worth 31K? I have heard tells of Hemi Vin's going for $10K and the Hemi cores has to be worth $8K?  :scratchchin: If the Hemi is truly fresh and right, $15,000.00?

While I have seen the pictures of the bad spots, I am not of the faint of heart either.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Baldwinvette77

I dont understand what the problem is,  :scratchchin: for 35,000$ you get a hemi charger, just sand down the paint, spray some matte black over it, throw a cage in it, maybe some cool wheels, and for maybe 45,000? you'll get to drive around in a Hemi charger  :shruggy:

bill440rt

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on January 29, 2014, 06:07:16 PM
I dont understand what the problem is,  :scratchchin: for 35,000$ you get a hemi charger, just sand down the paint, spray some matte black over it, throw a cage in it, maybe some cool wheels, and for maybe 45,000? you'll get to drive around in a Hemi charger  :shruggy:

Because 99% (give or take) of the resto crowd have a different way of thinking about a legit HEMI car.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Davtona

I got to be missing something here. We got an original Hemi Charger body here with the build sheet and fender tag and we want to junk it?? Why because it doesn't have the original motor and trans and somebody did a poor job on the body work, I got to believe if the Hemi is in fair shape this thing is worth at least 30K all day long. Ok I admit not doing the bottom side was a mistake. But hey take it all the way down and start over on the body. Its not like its a complete car at this point. Its 2014 guys Hemi cars are on 40 year back order. They are not making anymore of them. So it doesn't have a Hemi flexplate with it. Thats $150 probably for a NOS one. I'm not getting this one. :Twocents: :Twocents:

Ghoste

The junking it comments were tongue in cheek but it would not be a cheap or easy restore.  If you want to do it Baldwins way and give it a quick and dirty, then yes, you would have 45 into a non original Hemi car and good luck getting your money out of it.  We all say we don't care about what others think of our cars but I'd be happy to hear your reasons for wanting to own a Hemi.  I bet they all point ot prestige in one way or another.  If you want to get Hemi prestige you have to pay Hemi money and 30k or 45k isn't going to get you there.  To get the bragging rights here or even just to get to where you don't have to hear every car show joker going "its a Hemi car and it looks like that? hahahahahaha" you will very possibly pony up another 100k before you are done.  So now you have a 130k Hemi car without its original engine. 
I'm sure everyone can do it much cheaper than that and Im sure it will easily be worth well in excess of 130k when you are done.  But not me.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Ghoste on January 29, 2014, 06:47:00 PM
The junking it comments were tongue in cheek but it would not be a cheap or easy restore.  If you want to do it Baldwins way and give it a quick and dirty, then yes, you would have 45 into a non original Hemi car and good luck getting your money out of it.  We all say we don't care about what others think of our cars but I'd be happy to hear your reasons for wanting to own a Hemi.  I bet they all point ot prestige in one way or another.  If you want to get Hemi prestige you have to pay Hemi money and 30k or 45k isn't going to get you there.  To get the bragging rights here or even just to get to where you don't have to hear every car show joker going "its a Hemi car and it looks like that? hahahahahaha" you will very possibly pony up another 100k before you are done.  So now you have a 130k Hemi car without its original engine. 
I'm sure everyone can do it much cheaper than that and Im sure it will easily be worth well in excess of 130k when you are done.  But not me.

Yeah thats what confused me, i thought only like 100 of these were made, $32,000 for one with some rust bubbles sounds like a steal ??? ... but i'd still paint it matte black, i'd never sell it, don't know why anybody would  :coolgleamA:

1974dodgecharger

Its not the bodies engine.......my 383 is not original but 8 got a block close to my build date as possible still not the same as its original mate engine.  Same for this hemi...he comes off as tye car is so rare u cant find it.  This ca4 is jo d8fferenr than say I put a correct date year hemi in my car

Davtona

Quote from: Ghoste on January 29, 2014, 06:47:00 PM

you would have 45 into a non original Hemi car and good luck getting your money out of it.  We all say we don't care about what others think of our cars but I'd be happy to hear your reasons for wanting to own a Hemi.  I bet they all point ot prestige in one way or another.  If you want to get Hemi prestige you have to pay Hemi money and 30k or 45k isn't going to get you there. 

I am assuming you are replying to me. I thought this was an original J code body. If that is not correct then that would affect the value greatly. However if it is an original body with a non original motor it is still a fairly rare commodity. Calling it a non original Hemi car because it does not have its original motor makes no sense to me it's still a J code car. The original motor/car discussion is food and discussion for another thread perhaps. I personally have no interest what so ever in this car. I have an original Hemi J code car currently and have had the car since 1982. Same as this only a year off. Prestige comes along with the Hemi car and my other cars whether a guy wants it or not. It did back then to a lesser extent than it does now probably. However I bought my Hemi car and my other cars because I liked them not for the prestige of owning them. They were junk to most people back then not prestigious. My point here is if someone is looking for an orginal Hemi car project I don't think this one is that bad for this day and age.

Ghoste

Yeah, by non original Hemi, I meant just that part.  Sorry.

69charger2002

he ended the auction early when it was at $31,100. Doesn't mean he sold it for that. Could have had an offer of $35-40 by the current high bidder and ended it. Never know these days on prices. They are up and down.. mainly up though seems like back to 06-07 prices and in some cases even higher
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

cudaken

Ghost how many of us really expect a profit from are love of Mopar?  :scratchchin: I don't.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Ghoste

Let me rephrase that then.  For that emergency day when you might be forced to sell this valuable and highly affordable Hemi car, how much are you prepared to lose?

Ghoste

I did point out that I am probably wrong.  Many do seem to feel this car is a good buy and for that reason, someone should step up to the plate.  I am merely saying that it won't be me. :cheers:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on January 29, 2014, 08:11:51 PM
I did point out that I am probably wrong.  Many do seem to feel this car is a good buy and for that reason, someone should step up to the plate.  I am merely saying that it won't be me. :cheers:

I would rather buy a hemi crate engine than pay for this, your paying for fender tag.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 29, 2014, 07:59:05 PM
he ended the auction early when it was at $31,100. Doesn't mean he sold it for that. Could have had an offer of $35-40 by the current high bidder and ended it. Never know these days on prices. They are up and down.. mainly up though seems like back to 06-07 prices and in some cases even higher

Let's see if it reappears again in another week & a half.   ;)