News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

flexplate question for 360

Started by busteed, September 24, 2006, 07:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busteed

On my current 360 build (non magnum), I bought a aftermarket flexplatefrom B&M.  It was the externally balanced flexplate for a 727 tranny.  So, my ngine is balanced with this flexplate.  I have changed my mind with the build.  I plan instead on using a 904 tranny instead.  Question?...I plan on buying a different externally balanced flexplate for a 904.  Will I need to rebalance my engine with this 904 flexplate?  Or, is the 904 flexplate balanced the same, with the only difference being the mounting holes? 

Chryco Psycho

the 904 uses the same flex plate , But there are 2 bolt patterns for the converter , a smaller &   large pattern , if your converter matches you can use the flex plate you had the engine balanced with

Highbanked Hauler

So the flexplate  with the NOTCH cut in it for a 92 or back 360 does the balancing so there is no need to weld weights to the converter    is this correct ???
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

A383Wing

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on January 26, 2014, 04:37:05 PM
  So the flexplate  with the NOTCH cut in it for a 92 or back 360 does the balancing so there is no need to weld weights to the converter    is this correct ???

correct

John_Kunkel

I've been told you can't use the B&M 727 flexplate on a 904 because the outside diameter of the 727 flexplate is larger than the 904 flexplate and it'll interfere with the starter.

Factory flexplates don't have that problem but they're not externally balanced.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.