News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A real heart breaker

Started by 440charger68, January 23, 2014, 12:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skull-1

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

69rtse4spd

Glad your OK, cars can be fixed, still sucks. Another reason I just don't know if I want to put a nice paint job on the 70, since I drive it. Another reason for cameras in cars, like Russians have. Since he is in the neighborhood is he a cool dude or a douche, but not knowing his driving record he my have to lawyer up. :Twocents:.   

Mytur Binsdirti

charger Downunder

Most accidents happen close to home, where you feel relaxed and everything becomes a habit and you don't expect the unexpected. Unfortunately both of you are in an environment you both now well. Looks like you both where cutting the corner.? He has the stop sign and should of stopped.
[/quote]

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Mopar Nut on January 23, 2014, 04:42:12 PM
[Monica Lewinsky just dumped him.

Are you saying that Monica blew him off?

Ghoste

HeavyFuel

That does suck, for you and your car.   :pity:

But....based strictly on the evidence...and pics are worth at least a thousand words.....and if I was the fuzz writing the ticket.......you'd be at fault.  With no witnesses, and just the drivers pointing fingers, the scene tells the story.   :scratchchin:  

Hard to say he blew through a stop when you got to the line before he did, and your car's sitting in his lane.   :rotz:  

Just playing devils advocate, but your pics show what a scene looks like if the silver car was in the wrong place at the wrong time, sitting at or close to stopped, and the purple car cut the corner at about 15-20mph.  

John L

I feel your pain and anger. A texting 17 year old got my Charger last summer. Thankfully it was all repairable and my guy did a great job. Your alive and well, the bad feelings will pass, get her fixed up and go on with your life.

ACUDANUT

How did he run the stop sign, if he is still behind it ?
Sorry for the Charger. It can be fixed. :2thumbs:

toocheaptosmoke

That really sucks!  But, good thing is you're ok, and the car only suffered a flesh wound.   Major props for daily driving it!!!  :2thumbs:   And I might have to get some info off you about that hitch setup.   :yesnod:

BROCK

Probably too little too late to say:  Nobody turns into the car cutting them off.  
The econocar is turned way into you & clearly shows an attempt to turn left
without coming to a proper stop at the stop line.  I'm take him to court and
change insurance companies (dropping coverage without warning :RantExplode:)

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

TUFCAT

Like many others here, I feel your pain. In fact I felt your pain (with my Coronet) but it was nowhere near as bad.  I don't care who's at fault, accidents happen....we all have to limit our exposure on the roads - especially during busy times.

Baldwinvette77

It was totally the cougars fault, you can clearly see in the pictures that the cougar didn't get out of the way of the charger, Think of it like an emergency vehicle, when the sirens are on and the lights are flashing its your responsibility to get out of the way, likewise if a 68 charger is in the same area code as you, it's your responsibility to let it pass :yesnod:

...... OR atleast thats how i act when i drive a musclecar :D

bull

That really sucks but I commend you for driving it as much as you do/did. My next driver will be a classic, hopefully a 2nd Charger, but it won't be as nice as yours. :2thumbs:

Not preaching at you but I have gotten in the habit of.making square corners if you get my drift. I got in the habit driving big rigs because of the way the rear axle tracks, and I believe it makes sense to do it with the smaller rigs too. We should all use more space when turning at an intersection.

Ram07

Quote from: Dreamcar on January 23, 2014, 01:14:24 PM
I wasn't sure what to think looking at the pictures, but from what I see his car is turning left WAY before his stop line. In fact, your rear tire is on the stop line and he's already turning probably 15 feet or so before getting there. However, he may have lawyered up so you want to be prepared for anything and not assume his insurance will pay.

Good luck getting her back on the road and at least no one got hurt.

That sucks for sure...at least no injuries...

The way the pic looks to me, was you turned into him before he reached the stop line, pushing his car into the other lane...doesn't look like he blew a stop sign...but....that's just how the pic looks to me...and, I don't matter...  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

By the way, very cool car....used for towing to boot... :icon_smile_big:

Hope ya get her fixed soon... :2thumbs:

Dreamcar

I'd love to know what the final outcome is going to be, as in, who's found to be at fault. We can all reach our own conclusions with the pictures, but they don't necessarily tell the entire story.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

bill440rt

Quote from: HeavyFuel on January 23, 2014, 05:11:00 PM
That does suck, for you and your car.   :pity:

But....based strictly on the evidence...and pics are worth at least a thousand words.....and if I was the fuzz writing the ticket.......you'd be at fault.  With no witnesses, and just the drivers pointing fingers, the scene tells the story.   :scratchchin:  

Hard to say he blew through a stop when you got to the line before he did, and your car's sitting in his lane.   :rotz:  

Just playing devils advocate, but your pics show what a scene looks like if the silver car was in the wrong place at the wrong time, sitting at or close to stopped, and the purple car cut the corner at about 15-20mph.  

Sad to say, but I'm going to have to agree with this also.
In any event, it totally sucks to see & I can relate to your pain. The car is definitely fixable, you are OK, so that's a win-win right there.
It goes without saying, once it's fixed make SURE you have proper coverage!  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

TUFCAT

Can someone identify the wife-beater shirt colors to their car owners?  I'm guessing the black wife beater goes with the Charger, and the blue wife beater belongs to the Cougar....

ACUDANUT

It's going to be a toss up here.  I bet the Cops and insurance say it was 50/50..You both were wrong. :shruggy:

Ram07

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 23, 2014, 08:46:56 PM
Can someone identify the wife-beater shirt colors to their car owners?  I'm guessing the black wife beater goes with the Charger, and the blue wife beater belongs to the Cougar....

What does that even mean... :shruggy:

ACUDANUT

Beats me, . It's not even a relevant fact to the accident.  :brickwall:

Ram07

haha, all of my tee shirts are red, black and white...sooo...

Anyway, I'm thinking is gonna be a both at fault, and insurance will do squat...but, thats just me

TUFCAT

Quote from: Ram07 on January 23, 2014, 09:56:17 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on January 23, 2014, 08:46:56 PM

What does that even mean... :shruggy:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wife%20beater

Obviously you guys didn't watch the TV show COPS.... most wife beater dudes are arrested while wearing white sleeveless undershirts.

Ghoste

I thought everyone knew what the "wifebeater" clothing article was.  :shruggy: