News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A real heart breaker

Started by 440charger68, January 23, 2014, 12:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

440charger68

I have had her since 13 now im 24 drive her everyday, all it takes is a kid to blow a stop sign and you being in the wrong spot at the wrong time. On top of that i found out my insurance relapsed in december and my new insurance doesnt cover collision WTF!!!!  :flame: If i get all the parts by next week i should have her back on the road by mid february. he made the left turn about a car length and a half Before the stop sign and didnt stop, i had no witnesses so all i got is pictures of him turning into me and his car is probably half way in my lane. If i would of taken the turn wider he would of tboned me so tighter left was all i can do but unfortunately now im in the white stop sign line i think im screwed :rotz: His car his totaled and im down a bumper lower valance and a drivers side fender. the grill is fortunately repairable and only cracked in a couple spots and everything else is untouched still runs and drives like a champ  :yesnod: honestly i dont think it could of gone any better as terrible as it was  :'(
life's a garden, dig it.

JB400

That just sucks :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :pity: :pity: :pity: :pity: :pity:   Best part is, everything is available through the aftermarket. Hope this gets handled soon :popcrn: and glad to hear your ok :2thumbs:

Sad to hear it happened :pity:

twodko

Oh s**t! You're walking and talking.......this is a good thing.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Aero426

What kind of trailer do you pull with the Charger?

RallyeMike

I could not really follow the description of the accident compared to the photos. It looks like you cut the corner and were partially in the other lane and were hit prior to his stop bar?

Regardless of what happened, I hope you are able to get it fixed without too much hassle.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

440charger68

Yes i was partially in his lane my house is three houses down from this photo, i go real slow cause the car is loud and i dont want to anger my neighbors. as i was making my left turn up the hill he came down the hill to take a left without stoping or slowing down his friends live 6 house up the street for me, he was expecting no one to be there and went left anyways without slowing down. he started to turn left about 25ft before the stop sign putting his car half way in my lane when he hit me. Even if i were to take the turn wide he sill would hit me, hes pointed towards my corner and had no intention of stopping
life's a garden, dig it.

440charger68

Quote from: Aero426 on January 23, 2014, 12:59:21 AM

i pull my jetskis, its the only car i drive so i use it for everything. i have driven it as far as boise idaho and get 23mpg highway.
life's a garden, dig it.

charger Downunder

I feel for you i just don't like seeing this stuff.
[/quote]

68X426

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 23, 2014, 01:06:41 AM
I could not really follow the description of the accident compared to the photos.

Ummm, the pic sure looks like you are in his lane. And that he couldn't reach the stop line and stop, because your car is there having cut the corner.

So I too see a photo that says something a little different. But what do I know, I'm hundreds of miles away. Good luck with his insurance company and those photos.  :'(

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

JB400

Looks like you'd have to cross the left corner of the right lane anyway to get into his lane.  Just noticing how close the guy in the red is to the curb and the incident.  Is that a 2 lane road you was getting onto or a 3 lane with a center left turn lane? :popcrn:  Which car did the water come from?

Mopar Nut

Utah drivers.     :rotz:

Wait I live there.   I hope everything works out for you.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

1974dodgecharger

myk

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 23, 2014, 05:30:35 AM
Im scared to drive now..... :'(

I drive the Charger much less these days because of that fear.  Is it irrational to behave this way?  Yes, but the danger exists nonetheless...

billssuperbird

tan top

noooo , sorry to hear see  this !! glad your ok   ,  damn idiot drivers prolly texting  :flame: :fireangry:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

dodgey68

man that sucks, what do ya do about a grille, most other parts are availible but grilles,???,

hope ya wrote the couger off
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

SuperJim

His insurance company could very well say "no" to paying for your damage at first. It's what they do, and hope you accept that answer. You may want to look up a lawyer if you truly feel it's 100% his fault. Keep smiling, and get her fixed.
Jim
Supercar Collectibles, Ltd.
http://www.supercar1.com/index.php

Ghoste

Title of the thread just says it all.  Regardless of how or why I hope it can be easily fixed for you.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 440charger68 on January 23, 2014, 01:39:51 AM
Quote from: Aero426 on January 23, 2014, 12:59:21 AM

i pull my jetskis, its the only car i drive so i use it for everything. i have driven it as far as boise idaho and get 23mpg highway.

23 mpg. What motor do you have in the car ? Best I ever got with a 318 was about 17 mpg.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

kokxville

:flame: :flame: :flame:
Good luck with fixing the charger.I hope i never experience something like this  :RantExplode:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

4cruzin

Thats a sad sight . . . hope you get it fixed up quickly!   :cheers:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

DadsCharger00

Only thing I can say is happy your ok! Car can always be replaced, you can't!

Cooter

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 23, 2014, 05:30:35 AM
Im scared to drive now..... :'(

I've said it before, and I'll say again....to all who wanna 'daily drive' these cars, this is a very real possibility.
I'm CONSTANTLY watching for deer, Dumbasses on cell phones, drunk drivers, etc.
will this keep it from happening? No. Did everybody look at me as a paranoid fool before more and more of these torturers kept popping up? Sure. But, the threat is getting worse as we speak.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

NHCharger

Man that suxs. As stated above nobody got hurt and you can now get aftermarket parts for most of the damage.

Quote from: Cooter on January 23, 2014, 12:53:06 PM
But, the threat is getting worse as we speak.
Yup. Ten years ago all you could do with a cell phone is talk. Now it's a mini computer full of distractions, texting, sexting, tweeting, checking your emails, updating your face book status. At our jobsite we were moving a boom lift into the road and a driver drove past the flagman and hit the equipment. Multiple people said the driver was looking away from the road. I asked the police officer to check the drivers cell phone. said he couldn't without a search warrant.   
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Dreamcar

I wasn't sure what to think looking at the pictures, but from what I see his car is turning left WAY before his stop line. In fact, your rear tire is on the stop line and he's already turning probably 15 feet or so before getting there. However, he may have lawyered up so you want to be prepared for anything and not assume his insurance will pay.

Good luck getting her back on the road and at least no one got hurt.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Skull-1

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

69rtse4spd

Glad your OK, cars can be fixed, still sucks. Another reason I just don't know if I want to put a nice paint job on the 70, since I drive it. Another reason for cameras in cars, like Russians have. Since he is in the neighborhood is he a cool dude or a douche, but not knowing his driving record he my have to lawyer up. :Twocents:.   

Mytur Binsdirti

charger Downunder

Most accidents happen close to home, where you feel relaxed and everything becomes a habit and you don't expect the unexpected. Unfortunately both of you are in an environment you both now well. Looks like you both where cutting the corner.? He has the stop sign and should of stopped.
[/quote]

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Mopar Nut on January 23, 2014, 04:42:12 PM
[Monica Lewinsky just dumped him.

Are you saying that Monica blew him off?

Ghoste

HeavyFuel

That does suck, for you and your car.   :pity:

But....based strictly on the evidence...and pics are worth at least a thousand words.....and if I was the fuzz writing the ticket.......you'd be at fault.  With no witnesses, and just the drivers pointing fingers, the scene tells the story.   :scratchchin:  

Hard to say he blew through a stop when you got to the line before he did, and your car's sitting in his lane.   :rotz:  

Just playing devils advocate, but your pics show what a scene looks like if the silver car was in the wrong place at the wrong time, sitting at or close to stopped, and the purple car cut the corner at about 15-20mph.  

John L

I feel your pain and anger. A texting 17 year old got my Charger last summer. Thankfully it was all repairable and my guy did a great job. Your alive and well, the bad feelings will pass, get her fixed up and go on with your life.

ACUDANUT

How did he run the stop sign, if he is still behind it ?
Sorry for the Charger. It can be fixed. :2thumbs:

toocheaptosmoke

That really sucks!  But, good thing is you're ok, and the car only suffered a flesh wound.   Major props for daily driving it!!!  :2thumbs:   And I might have to get some info off you about that hitch setup.   :yesnod:

BROCK

Probably too little too late to say:  Nobody turns into the car cutting them off.  
The econocar is turned way into you & clearly shows an attempt to turn left
without coming to a proper stop at the stop line.  I'm take him to court and
change insurance companies (dropping coverage without warning :RantExplode:)

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

TUFCAT

Like many others here, I feel your pain. In fact I felt your pain (with my Coronet) but it was nowhere near as bad.  I don't care who's at fault, accidents happen....we all have to limit our exposure on the roads - especially during busy times.

Baldwinvette77

It was totally the cougars fault, you can clearly see in the pictures that the cougar didn't get out of the way of the charger, Think of it like an emergency vehicle, when the sirens are on and the lights are flashing its your responsibility to get out of the way, likewise if a 68 charger is in the same area code as you, it's your responsibility to let it pass :yesnod:

...... OR atleast thats how i act when i drive a musclecar :D

bull

That really sucks but I commend you for driving it as much as you do/did. My next driver will be a classic, hopefully a 2nd Charger, but it won't be as nice as yours. :2thumbs:

Not preaching at you but I have gotten in the habit of.making square corners if you get my drift. I got in the habit driving big rigs because of the way the rear axle tracks, and I believe it makes sense to do it with the smaller rigs too. We should all use more space when turning at an intersection.

Ram07

Quote from: Dreamcar on January 23, 2014, 01:14:24 PM
I wasn't sure what to think looking at the pictures, but from what I see his car is turning left WAY before his stop line. In fact, your rear tire is on the stop line and he's already turning probably 15 feet or so before getting there. However, he may have lawyered up so you want to be prepared for anything and not assume his insurance will pay.

Good luck getting her back on the road and at least no one got hurt.

That sucks for sure...at least no injuries...

The way the pic looks to me, was you turned into him before he reached the stop line, pushing his car into the other lane...doesn't look like he blew a stop sign...but....that's just how the pic looks to me...and, I don't matter...  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

By the way, very cool car....used for towing to boot... :icon_smile_big:

Hope ya get her fixed soon... :2thumbs:

Dreamcar

I'd love to know what the final outcome is going to be, as in, who's found to be at fault. We can all reach our own conclusions with the pictures, but they don't necessarily tell the entire story.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

bill440rt

Quote from: HeavyFuel on January 23, 2014, 05:11:00 PM
That does suck, for you and your car.   :pity:

But....based strictly on the evidence...and pics are worth at least a thousand words.....and if I was the fuzz writing the ticket.......you'd be at fault.  With no witnesses, and just the drivers pointing fingers, the scene tells the story.   :scratchchin:  

Hard to say he blew through a stop when you got to the line before he did, and your car's sitting in his lane.   :rotz:  

Just playing devils advocate, but your pics show what a scene looks like if the silver car was in the wrong place at the wrong time, sitting at or close to stopped, and the purple car cut the corner at about 15-20mph.  

Sad to say, but I'm going to have to agree with this also.
In any event, it totally sucks to see & I can relate to your pain. The car is definitely fixable, you are OK, so that's a win-win right there.
It goes without saying, once it's fixed make SURE you have proper coverage!  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

TUFCAT

Can someone identify the wife-beater shirt colors to their car owners?  I'm guessing the black wife beater goes with the Charger, and the blue wife beater belongs to the Cougar....

ACUDANUT

It's going to be a toss up here.  I bet the Cops and insurance say it was 50/50..You both were wrong. :shruggy:

Ram07

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 23, 2014, 08:46:56 PM
Can someone identify the wife-beater shirt colors to their car owners?  I'm guessing the black wife beater goes with the Charger, and the blue wife beater belongs to the Cougar....

What does that even mean... :shruggy:

ACUDANUT

Beats me, . It's not even a relevant fact to the accident.  :brickwall:

Ram07

haha, all of my tee shirts are red, black and white...sooo...

Anyway, I'm thinking is gonna be a both at fault, and insurance will do squat...but, thats just me

TUFCAT

Quote from: Ram07 on January 23, 2014, 09:56:17 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on January 23, 2014, 08:46:56 PM

What does that even mean... :shruggy:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wife%20beater

Obviously you guys didn't watch the TV show COPS.... most wife beater dudes are arrested while wearing white sleeveless undershirts.

Ghoste

I thought everyone knew what the "wifebeater" clothing article was.  :shruggy:

TUFCAT

Sublime/Sixpack

Too bad about your Charger. Glad it's not worse.

Observation: I don't see any skid marks. Did anyone use their brakes?
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

GordonGriggs

Reading stories like this make me want to just keep my charger's off the road and in the garage. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Now I have to ask. How bad did you wreck the face of the guy that hit your car?

Ghoste

Understandable.  But for me if it reaches the point Im afraid to drive it I'll have to take up stamp collecting or something.

ACUDANUT

That is also why you should never drive without insurance. (full)