News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Atlas Kwik Bay - anyone have one?

Started by 1970Moparmann, January 22, 2014, 11:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Anyone have any feedback on this lift?

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

69 OUR/TEA

Mike,I have something similar,still a midrise lift.I went to NH to Gregsmith Equipment to check out the Atlas mid rise lifts,they looked OK,but when I went to a dealer near me with Rotary Revolution,they seemed more beefy with the structure and cylinders,plus they were right here a town away,so I bought theirs.

twodko

I dunno.....they seem like a half measure. Might be great for tire changes, wheel cleaning, oil changes? Just a bigass floor jack.  :shruggy:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

69 OUR/TEA

The max height that mine will go(the pads) I beleive was 54'' with the truck adapters on.
They are great for doing bodywork because the lift itself is under the car and not in your way,so you can go all around the car with nothing blocking it.With everything gutted out of a Mopar,you can let it all the way down as far as it can go to make it easy doing roof work,ntm,send it way up to get the bottom of the car as well.
Very handy piece of equipment.

1970Moparmann

Paul, what I like about the Kwik Lift is it is open in the middle.  Have good access to majority of the underside of the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5joMSxvdXgs

I have a small garage - 20 x 20

69 OUR/TEA

O.K Mike,yes,see what you mean,the middle is open on the Atlas which makes exhaust/tranny accessible.

Ghoste

I can see the value of one.  Lying on your back with a car just high enough on stands gets old fast.

twodko

I've always been intrigued by these mini lifts truth be told. How stable are they? Do they have an incremental locking mechanism? In other words are these either fully lowered or fully extended?
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

1970Moparmann

Quote from: twodko on January 23, 2014, 08:08:29 PM
I've always been intrigued by these mini lifts truth be told. How stable are they? Do they have an incremental locking mechanism? In other words are these either fully lowered or fully extended?

This one has a locking mechanism that that you can put it at max height, or anywhere in between.  It needs an air supply to release the locks to bring it down.

A typical scissors lift has locking points that you would want to drop down to put the pressure on, this lift it locks at all points.   :2thumbs:

69 OUR/TEA

Mopar440+6

I've been seriously considering a mid-rise for multiple reasons. The biggest reason being that I rent my shop and can't put holes in the floor. The roof height isn't conducive to a full 2 or 4 post lift either. The other reason is most of the newer cars just aren't made to be raised with a floor jack. Definitely going to be watching this thread.
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Dino

Quote from: Mopar440+6 on January 26, 2014, 10:21:33 AM
I've been seriously considering a mid-rise for multiple reasons. The biggest reason being that I rent my shop and can't put holes in the floor. The roof height isn't conducive to a full 2 or 4 post lift either. The other reason is most of the newer cars just aren't made to be raised with a floor jack. Definitely going to be watching this thread.

You're not kidding!  I tried jacking up the front of the Accord to do an oil change and couldn't even get the damn jack under the bumper!  I didn't recall ordering a lowrider.

The Charger is so much easier.  I have it on 4 tall truck stands to work on.  Even at its lowest position the car is still over 20" off the ground and it goes way higher than that.  Not as easy as a lift but for the old iron it works.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

v21hemicharger

I bought one for doing body work.  Beats sanding the lower half of car bending over.  Mine is very stable.  I also have a 2 post but I do some brake wheel work on the mid lift.  Mike