News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 or 69

Started by Steevgee, January 21, 2014, 09:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whats a more popular/desirable year 68 or 69?

42 (45.7%)
50 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Steevgee

hi all what is in your opinion a more desirable/popular year 68 or 69?

Baldwinvette77

Hell yeah!!!! There will be bloodshed on this one,  :punkrocka: Thanks for starting this topic, i was gonna do it, but didn't want to feel responsible for the lives lost, or property damage  :cheers:

Also welcome to the Forum  :2thumbs:

polywideblock

I'd say 70 and 71  cause there popular with me    :nana:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

BIGBLCK11

I think 69 is the most popular, but not the most desirable to me.  

bull

IMO.tbe 69 is.more popular to the general.public but among Mopar enthusiasts I'd say the 68 is.

twenty mike mike

The '68 was an excellent prototype for the '69.   :pity:

bill440rt

The '69 might be more popular, but I DEFINITELY prefer the '68.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

ws23rt

Well there was the first---68 ---lots to be said for the first of anything.

Then there was the last---69 lots to be said about the last of any good thing as well :shruggy:

jaak

The best improvement that Mopar (and I) did to a 68.......Removing those 4 yo-yo's from the tail panel.  :stirthepot: :nana:

Before.....

Improved....

Jason

Mopar Nut

Welcome aboard Steevgee!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

cavemanno1

'69 tailpanels definitely but '68 grill is somehow more menaching,therefore better looking in my book than '69!

Honestly i could not choose if both had the same colour and options!One day will have both i hope and won't have to choose!

I think a flat black '68 with painted bumpers and balck wheels is the meanest best looking car ever!

don duick

I like both but don't like the centrepiece in the 69 grill and don't like the little round side lights on the 68. but 68 overall looks better. There was a thread about a year ago  about this. If I had a 69 I would put a 68 grill if I had a 68 I would remove the side lights and weld the holes. Both rear ends look as good as each other

1974dodgecharger

whats wrong with 69 1/2?

69 ROCKET

Dreamcar

I don't see the 2nd gen as having many curves...from the side and certainly from the front with those grilles, 2nd gens have a very rectangular look. That's why, IMO, the 69's rear taillights and side markers suite the car's boxier shape vs. the round taillights and side markers on the 68. But, that's just what I find looks better.

"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Troy

Quote from: Dreamcar on January 22, 2014, 08:12:05 AM
I don't see the 2nd gen as having many curves...from the side and certainly from the front with those grilles, 2nd gens have a very rectangular look. That's why, IMO, the 69's rear taillights and side markers suite the car's boxier shape vs. the round taillights and side markers on the 68. But, that's just what I find looks better.

You ever tried block sanding one of these? ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

myk

Ghoste

Like I keep saying, its our annual cabin fever time.  :popcrn:

Oh, and 1969 hands down best in all categories.

And welcome to the group.  :lol:

kokxville

When i look at the 68 taillights,i always think about electric cooking  :rofl:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Dreamcar

Quote from: Troy on January 22, 2014, 10:15:41 AM

Troy

Not yet...that's what I have to look forward too next summer. I wonder how long it will take before I say to myself "why did i buy a project?"
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

Troy

Quote from: Dreamcar on January 22, 2014, 12:14:26 PM

Troy

Not yet...that's what I have to look forward too next summer. I wonder how long it will take before I say to myself "why did i buy a project?"
That's what I thought. :D There's hardly a straight area on them! Trunk lid, center of the tail panel, center of the roof, and parts of the hood. The rest is all curves.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Dreamcar

Quote from: Troy on January 22, 2014, 12:23:21 PM
Quote from: Dreamcar on January 22, 2014, 12:14:26 PM

Troy

That's what I thought. :D There's hardly a straight area on them! Trunk lid, center of the tail panel, center of the roof, and parts of the hood. The rest is all curves.

Troy

I understand that the car has curves to it, but what I was trying to say is that overall, the car doesn't have many rounded areas that would make the round taillights and side markers on the 68 more appropriate imo. For example, the long belt line on the charger is fairly square when transitioning from the top side to the quarter panel, as opposed other coupes that have a more rounded shape in that area.

6pkrtse

Quote from: jaak on January 21, 2014, 10:18:44 PM
The best improvement that Mopar (and I) did to a 68.......Removing those 4 yo-yo's from the tail panel.  :stirthepot: :nana:

Before.....

Improved....

Jason

Much better.

1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Back N Black

I'm not voting this time, but what about the general Lee, should they all be crushed???  :nana:

bill440rt

Quote from: Back N Black on January 22, 2014, 06:15:47 PM
I'm not voting this time, but what about the general Lee, should they all be crushed???  :nana:

In this day & age?? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rofl:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce