News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I think I found them!

Started by comet_666, January 21, 2014, 08:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

DadsCharger00

69white hat

Did you buy them? Which offset did you take? Back space? Pictures?

comet_666

No, I have been looking for rims for as long as this project has been going on (8 years)
They don't make vectors in anything larger than 15in and I want to go bigger, these kind of just jumped out at me.
I can fit a 12 inch rim in the wheel well so I may have to keep shopping, but I really like them!

69white hat

I have also been hunting for the proper wheels for weeks now. It's a hard decision. Ive looked at hundreds of pics of cars and rims and everybody seems to be stuck in the old days with 15" wheels. I',m looking for 18". I think I've found the set I want at Mickey Thompson but It has a 6.5 backspace and a 21mm offset. I'm assuming that means positive offset and that would make it rub on the fender well. I have one inch spacers on the car now because my 17" simmons are totally the wrong wheel for my 69. They came with the car and rub on the inner fender. But the spacer might make that wheel work. I'm gonna take the car to the tire shop so they can properly measure the backspace and tell me exactly what will fit. Then they can help me choose the proper size rim.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/street.php?item=StreetComp

comet_666

That's a nice rim!

I moved my springs in and added 3 or so inches to the inside of the wheel well

69white hat

Nice. I don't want to get that carried away. I'm sure I can fit an 18 X 10.5 in the factory wheel well with the proper back space and offset. I guess I'm going to have to rely on the tire shop to help me out. Even if it's a custom built rim.

69white hat

I sure did. But I don't know how exactly trust worthy it is. If it works it is a great tool. My biggest problem is finding a wheel that has the offset and backspace suggested by the fitment guide. I really need a good site to look to buy wheels that have the offset and backspace I'm looking for. Most every site sells only an 18 X 8.5, or the wheels are built for small imports. I'm hoping the tire guy can find what i'm looking for. I'm afraid it's my last resort.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: 69white hat on January 21, 2014, 09:45:57 PM
I sure did. But I don't know how exactly trust worthy it is. If it works it is a great tool. My biggest problem is finding a wheel that has the offset and backspace suggested by the fitment guide. I really need a good site to look to buy wheels that have the offset and backspace I'm looking for. Most every site sells only an 18 X 8.5, or the wheels are built for small imports. I'm hoping the tire guy can find what i'm looking for. I'm afraid it's my last resort.
That guide is pretty good and close, I used it countless times, but rely on your instincts also and measure your wheel also, but the guide is a great starting point.  It helped me fit 295/45/20 in the rear, but it does not account for compression of shock so when I hit the bump when going fast she hits the outer upper wheel wheel ever so lightly.

69white hat

That tool looks like it would work great. But I plan to have my car at the tire shop sometime soon to get it measured so I can ordeer wheels as soon as possible to be ready for spring.

comet_666

My gf did a super quick photoshop of some rims I have been debating.

comet_666

vector..however something seems different with these...

comet_666

myk

The vendor you're buying from should be able to tell you if the wheels will fit or not; Discount Tire was very helpful to me in that respect.  The aforementioned online-fitment tool is something many of us use; I know I did for my selection as well...

69white hat

Discount tire. Ill have to look them up. Especially if they were a big help. Thanks al lot!!

Dino

The Vexer tool is real fun but depending on the brand tires you buy it may or may not be correct.  The tool showed my tires would fit but they rub on the inside.

Discount tire was a huge help to me as well.  And that was a good strategy because I bought my rims and tires there because of it.   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.