News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new roof skin question for 68 charger

Started by deanj309, January 21, 2014, 02:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanj309

Hi all, after removing old roof skin. can you glue or bond the new one or should it be both welded and body panel adhesive thx!

SUPERSTAR14

This topic of welding or using adhesive has been asked before, I'm surprised no one has chimed in........ It is my belief that it should be welded. That is how the factory did it and they designed it. Others have stated quarters and/or skins can be glued. I'm sure the adhesives have come a long way, however, because the structural integrity of the car relies on the entire assembly staying rigid, I weld everything. Panel bond might  play a bigger role in a car that has an actual frame.

Disclaimer: I am not a body guy and don't pretend to be, I do all my own work the way I believe it to be "correct". Looking at the car from an engineering standpoint welding is the only thing that makes sense to me. (also my lack of experience with adhesives). You can't be wrong if you weld it.

Post some pics of your project

-Pat