News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

roof holes, what fastner goes here? 71 Charger SE roof

Started by 71chargerrtclone, January 19, 2014, 09:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71chargerrtclone

roof holes, what fastner goes here? 71 Charger SE roof

Ghoste

Trim for one of those canopy vinyl tops that cover half the roof?

hemihead

Yep , Canopy Roof trim . I have studs where your holes are . The studs are for mounting the trim clips .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

71chargerrtclone

I have a hole at each end on the roof. I know these plastic fasteners between the holes but what goes in the holes?

71_Charger_R/T

Each end of the molding has a clip that looks like this..........

71chargerrtclone

Okay Thank you, found them at R/T Specialties PART NUMBER 1002744

ACUDANUT

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: 71chargerrtclone on January 19, 2014, 11:27:43 PM
I have a hole at each end on the roof. I know these plastic fasteners between the holes but what goes in the holes?

If you find the correct plastic clips, can you let me know the specifics on them?  I've purchased about 9 different sets and none of them are right! They look right, are said to be right for the application and almost hold the molding but, alas, they are just a touch too narrow to do the job right.      I've got some old brittle originals holding my molding on right now.
Thanks in advance for any help you could give.

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

71charger_fan

Mine had no holes in the roof for the vinyl top trim. Only studs. Did they do this differently at different plants or did someone have a brainstorm to drill out the studs and create a series of leak points? The clips that attach to the studs and hold the molding on look like this:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on January 20, 2014, 07:15:05 PM
Quote from: 71chargerrtclone on January 19, 2014, 11:27:43 PM

If you find the correct plastic clips, can you let me know the specifics on them?  I've purchased about 9 different sets and none of them are right! They look right, are said to be right for the application and almost hold the molding but, alas, they are just a touch too narrow to do the job right.      I've got some old brittle originals holding my molding on right now.
Thanks in advance for any help you could give.

Bingo, I had the same advice and all were wrong. 73/74 plastic trim clips don't work.  I used a couple old ones and used "glue" on the slightly smaller ones that needed help.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 71charger_fan on January 21, 2014, 10:13:09 AM
Mine had no holes in the roof for the vinyl top trim. Only studs. Did they do this differently at different plants or did someone have a brainstorm to drill out the studs and create a series of leak points? The clips that attach to the studs and hold the molding on look like this:

That's what I had.