News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Let`s remake the Dukes

Started by Ghoste, January 19, 2014, 10:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stripedelete

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 19, 2014, 05:31:25 PM
Quote from: stripedelete on January 19, 2014, 05:29:38 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on January 19, 2014, 04:49:40 PM
We are sacreligious heretics.

..... and we haven't even started on what Daisy has been up to....
Nothing, she'd be on the damn cell phone tweeting or Facebooking about everything 24/7

and taking "selfies"

Good point!

Ghoste

Ghoste

And bitching to her girlfriends about the "baby daddies" and yelling at some 6 year old whacked out of his gourd on a sugar high.

Mike DC

I think teen pregnancy has gone down in recent decades, contrary to popular belief.

hemihead

Car would be a used Stratus R/T 2dr .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Homerr

Quote from: hemihead on January 19, 2014, 09:53:37 PM
Car would be a used Stratus R/T 2dr .

Let them jump as many as they like.  Just keep the 2nd gens safe!

stripedelete

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 19, 2014, 06:28:28 PM

I think teen pregnancy has gone down in recent decades, contrary to popular belief.

Who says she is a teen?

Ghoste

It's not about realism anyway, it's about stereotypes.  (and a laugh)

Mike DC

Mike Judge (creator of "King of the Hill") once said he got two kinds of responses to that show initially:  Non-Texans complaining about how badly he was stereotyping Texans, and actual Texans grinning about how accurate it was.

I think a bit of that principle applied to the deep rural South and ''Dukes".  At least for the 1978/79 Georgia shows which retained some semblance of realism. 

hemihead

Why would they use a Goth chick as Daisy ? Might as well use Miley Cirus as use that .   :shruggy: And maybe the next Dukes movie they can leave out the Dope smoking and politics also .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Ghoste

Oh, never even thought about Miley.  She might be perfect.

twodko

No.......unless they use the new 4 door sedans.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

1974dodgecharger

So this must be a fantasy dukes...like fantasy football.....

Mike DC

"Dukes" needs Miley Cyrus like it needs a front-wheel-drive General Lee.

Brock Lee

Bo and Luke as meth dealers selling Uncle Jesse's finest. Fourth generation GM F bodies are currently about the right value, age, and demographic to fit.

stripedelete

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 21, 2014, 08:29:44 PM

"Dukes" needs Miley Cyrus like it needs a front-wheel-drive General Lee.

C'mon, you have to reconsider.  You could scrub her with a wire brush and she would still look filthy.
Who can top that?

sanders7981

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 19, 2014, 11:39:48 AM
Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on January 19, 2014, 11:17:48 AM
Hang on now, a 92 dodge ram?, how many of those are even left? remember we need something cheap, and plentiful, so how about a Neon  :2thumbs:

Anyone remember the show, Bandit? It was a cheap remake, and they used a Dodge Stealth R/T. That's what can happen when one tries to remake the past...  :Twocents:

John Schneider was the sheriff, but the best part of the show was the fact is was a Hal Needham production, part of the Action Pack series (around 1994). Ronna Reeves and Ami Dolenz were easy on the eyes, too!

I remember that series!  I don't recall John Schneider as the sheriff though.  That series made me want a stealth r/t pretty bad! 

Mike DC

QuoteC'mon, you have to reconsider.  You could scrub her with a wire brush and she would still look filthy.
Who can top that?

I don't want Daisy to be anyone that the media has been forcing down my throat.  

Miley has been forced on us and for no other reason than wearing some slutty outfits.  Hiring a local stripper would be much cheaper if that's what they want.  Every time I look at Miley I think of her mullet-headed father singing that "Achy Breaky Heart" song 20 years ago, which made me wanna puke. 

stripedelete

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 22, 2014, 01:25:02 AM
QuoteC'mon, you have to reconsider.  You could scrub her with a wire brush and she would still look filthy.
Who can top that?

I don't want Daisy to be anyone that the media has been forcing down my throat.  

Miley has been forced on us and for no other reason than wearing some slutty outfits.  Hiring a local stripper would be much cheaper if that's what they want.  Every time I look at Miley I think of her mullet-headed father singing that "Achy Breaky Heart" song 20 years ago, which made me wanna puke. 

Once again, "who can top that?" :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste