News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Let`s remake the Dukes

Started by Ghoste, January 19, 2014, 10:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

General- 1992 Dodge Ram  (if it were the first time for the show it would be a Fox Mustang or `92 Camaro but I wanted to keep it Moparish)
Luke- Ryan Gosling (although I can`t see him doing series work)
Bo- Matt Damon
Daisy- Megan Fox
Jesse- Nick Nolte
Cooter- Brad Pitt ( no really, all grubbed down and rednecky)

I`m just drawing a blank right now on Boss and Roscoe

skip68

John Goodman for boss hog.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

Cooter

Let's not and say we did. Didn't we learn anything from the 2005 Remake.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Yes, that no matter what you can make money by dredging up the past.  It's just some winter fun Cooter.

Baldwinvette77

Hang on now, a 92 dodge ram?, how many of those are even left? remember we need something cheap, and plentiful, so how about a Neon  :2thumbs:

cavemanno1

Why can't we have a 2006 charger but with only 2 doors?Can't see the Ram jumping :shruggy:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on January 19, 2014, 11:17:48 AM
Hang on now, a 92 dodge ram?, how many of those are even left? remember we need something cheap, and plentiful, so how about a Neon  :2thumbs:

Anyone remember the show, Bandit? It was a cheap remake, and they used a Dodge Stealth R/T. That's what can happen when one tries to remake the past...  :Twocents:

John Schneider was the sheriff, but the best part of the show was the fact is was a Hal Needham production, part of the Action Pack series (around 1994). Ronna Reeves and Ami Dolenz were easy on the eyes, too!

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Cooter on January 19, 2014, 10:27:37 AM
Let's not and say we did. Didn't we learn anything from the 2005 Remake.

:iagree:

Ghoste

Four door Chargers are too new and Neons are too fragile.  A nice four wheel drive pickup fills the bill.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Bandit Goes Country:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGasTUEso9g

But wait, I thought the Bandit already WAS country  :scratchchin:

Mike DC

Boss:  
Danny DeVito.

Roscoe:  
Kramer (from Seinfeld)

Crazy Cooter /later-seasons mature Cooter:
Jack Black/Billy Bob Thornton

Bo/Luke/Daisy:  
Unknowns, please

Jesse:  
Donald Sutherland (the evil president in "Hunger Games".)

General Lee:  
A 2006-2010 Dodge Charger.  
Cooter converts it to a 2dr during construction.  (Upon finishing the conversion he looks straight at the camera and says, "There, happy now?")

BB1

Delete my profile

jaak

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 19, 2014, 12:27:49 PM
Boss:  
Danny DeVito.

Roscoe:  
Kramer (from Seinfeld)

Crazy Cooter /later-seasons mature Cooter:
Jack Black/Billy Bob Thornton

Bo/Luke/Daisy:  
Unknowns, please

Jesse:  
Donald Sutherland (the evil president in "Hunger Games".)

General Lee:  
A 2006-2010 Dodge Charger.  
Cooter converts it to a 2dr during construction.  (Upon finishing the conversion he looks straight at the camera and says, "There, happy now?")

Danny Devito as Boss, and Donald Sutherland as Jesse..... Good picks!

Jason

Cooter

Um.....correct me if I'm wrong here, but by the time the show hit THE air, GL was a ten year old used muscle car.
that would mean NO Chargers can be used. Only 2003 stuff.
A pick up? Really? Even in dream land that one is out there.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 19, 2014, 11:50:36 AM
Bandit Goes Country:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGasTUEso9g

But wait, I thought the Bandit already WAS country  :scratchchin:

As a reminder of how bad remakes can be, I just watched this whole episode. I need my hour and a half back  :Twocents:

JB400

I'm with the let's not. But, if you're going to pick a different car for the General, lets think dirt track stock car and still be a Dodge, I say a 79 Magnum fills the bill nicely.  The General as a pickup...... :nutkick:

My pick for Daisy would be Odette Yustman

stripedelete

And instead of an illegal moonshine stil they can have a meth lab.

Homerr

Ummm no...

And Megan Fox?  She was pretty once, but she still can't act herself out of a paper bag.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Ghoste

If its a meth lab do they have to live in a trailer?

stripedelete

Yes.  The backstory could be they refinanced the farm over and over during the real estate bubble and,,,,well you know the rest.

Don't have exactly what they did with the money figured out yet.  I'm thinking internet gambling, but, maybe someone else will have a better idea.

Oh, and some of the chase scenes could be the repo man after the charger. 

Ghoste

We are sacreligious heretics.

stripedelete

Quote from: Ghoste on January 19, 2014, 04:49:40 PM

..... and we haven't even started on what Daisy has been up to....

JB400

Quote from: stripedelete on January 19, 2014, 05:29:38 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on January 19, 2014, 04:49:40 PM

..... and we haven't even started on what Daisy has been up to....
Nothing, she'd be on the damn cell phone tweeting or Facebooking about everything 24/7

JB