News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Yet another reason to own a 4-speed Charger

Started by hatersaurusrex, January 17, 2014, 01:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatersaurusrex

Even with all that adrenaline in his system, how could the guy not laugh his ass off at the sight of 3 guys running away with nothing but a large order of dim sum

Springfield police: Would-be carjackers thwarted by manual transmission

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/01/springfield_police_would-be_ca.html#incart_river

SPRINGFIELD - A delivery driver was robbed of a food order on Dawes Street on Tuesday night and would have lost his car as well, but none of the three robbers knew how to drive a manual transmission, police said.

The delivery driver told police he had stopped at about 10:15 p.m. to deliver an order on Dawes Street and called the number on the order to say he had arrived. Moments later, he was rushed by three men, one of whom had a knife.

They demanded the food and his car keys, said Sgt. John Delaney, aide to Police Commissioner William Fitchet.

"The trio jumped into his car and attempted to steal it, but not one of them knew how to drive a stick-shift car," he said.

Delaney said that after some arguing among themselves, they ran off down the street with the food.

The only description provided by police was very limited. The suspects were described as black men in dark clothing and baseball caps.

The incident remains under investigation.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

JB400

As if the fact that stealing is stupid....

Seems like a highly intellectual area according to the comments.

1974dodgecharger

My best kick was when I went in to get my emissions testing on the 68 the kid jumps in and tries to shift the pistol grip.  No go, I see him struggling and then tells me , sir your car won't go in 'drive' I replied its a manual clutch below press it it in.  He goes back and tries but I could see he couldn't figure it out.  He comes back sir I can't get your car into 1st.  Had to teach him how old schoolers shifted the pistol grip lol.....

This day and age manual shifting is really auto no matter how u put it and vice versa. 

Cooter

I guess in this case, its fortunate that today's kids haven't been taught to drive anything but an automatic.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Cooter on January 17, 2014, 06:33:19 AM
I guess in this case, its fortunate that today's kids haven't been taught to drive anything but an automatic.

in ontario its actually been taken out of driving schools, i honestly couldn't find anyone willing to let me try either, i had to "steal" my bosses old mgb to give it a try,  :D

cavemanno1

I can understand the robbers couldn't figure it out in the rush.Remember those futage when the robbers got so stressed they couldn't pull to door of the place they tried to rob,insted of pushing it? :smilielol:

However the guy at the emission center should have figure it out after John(1974dodgecharger)explained to him!Heck my 10 years old daughter can use the clutch while she is driving.Don't ask me while i taught her to drive :-\  Though she will stall it and will get bored of it but then she just got it straight away and has never stalled it not once!She shifts 1st and 2nd perfectly!

War wagon

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 17, 2014, 03:16:10 AM
My best kick was when I went in to get my emissions testing on the 68 the kid jumps in and tries to shift the pistol grip.  No go, I see him struggling and then tells me , sir your car won't go in 'drive' I replied its a manual clutch below press it it in.  He goes back and tries but I could see he couldn't figure it out.  He comes back sir I can't get your car into 1st.  Had to teach him how old schoolers shifted the pistol grip lol.....

This day and age manual shifting is really auto no matter how u put it and vice versa. 

Where do you live that you need to emission test a 68 Charger?? :shruggy:
That's INSANE they have no emission related equipment , no cats? WTH???
Here in Ontario Canada they don't even test anything that old. 1980 and Up gets tested

XH29N0G

So True.  A few years ago, my neighbors older brother had a similar thing happen.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

1974dodgecharger

Arizona within the valley all cars need it to test and its based on your cars years pollution levels.

I then put classic insurance on it and don't need to do it anymore.

XH29N0G

Quote from: XH29N0G on January 17, 2014, 07:59:06 AM
So True.  A few years ago, my neighbors older brother had a similar thing happen.

I meant carjacked by a carjacker who gave up. 

Or maybe it protects us. 

oldgold69

easiest way to teach a kid to drive stick is let em drive a farm tractor  they learn to release the clutch and stop it  my kids even my daughter drove em when they were about ten  my one son  learned  to drive a qaudreplex  mack  4by 5 when he was 12 

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: War wagon on January 17, 2014, 07:49:41 AM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 17, 2014, 03:16:10 AM
My best kick was when I went in to get my emissions testing on the 68 the kid jumps in and tries to shift the pistol grip.  No go, I see him struggling and then tells me , sir your car won't go in 'drive' I replied its a manual clutch below press it it in.  He goes back and tries but I could see he couldn't figure it out.  He comes back sir I can't get your car into 1st.  Had to teach him how old schoolers shifted the pistol grip lol.....

Where do you live that you need to emission test a 68 Charger?? :shruggy:
That's INSANE they have no emission related equipment , no cats? WTH???
Here in Ontario Canada they don't even test anything that old. 1980 and Up gets tested

its 88-6 years old with factory engines, anything with a unique motor swap or heavily modified is emission exempt along with kitcars and rebuilt salvage vehicles  :whistling:

War wagon

XH29N0G

Quote from: oldgold69 on January 17, 2014, 07:28:23 PM
easiest way to teach a kid to drive stick is let em drive a farm tractor  they learn to release the clutch and stop it  my kids even my daughter drove em when they were about ten  my one son  learned  to drive a qaudreplex  mack  4by 5 when he was 12 

That's how I learned.  But my dad cam running when I tried to park it in the barn.  I was 10.  

I had to hold the wheel with both hands to push down the clutch b/c I didn't weigh enough to do it without that added push.   I think he thought I wouldn't get the clutch in and he would find me driving through the back wall. :rofl:

Or maybe it protects us. 

War wagon

It was mentioned on Barrett Jackson today that stick cars command a 10-20% Premium over autos.
Another good reason ;)