News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone know where this junkyard is in Minnesota?

Started by lee2, January 29, 2014, 07:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lee2

Hey all. Im just across the river in Wisconsin and love going through the old junkyards (not too many left around here that I can find. I would really like to visit this one if I can find it. If you know PM me please. Thanks
http://www.junkyardlife.com/2012/02/b-body-mopar-mania-in-minnesota.html
Welcome to Hazzard County. They do things different here.

hemihead

I have found that very few people tell of yards with classic Mopars nowadays . Because what happens is when word gets out , someone with deep pockets goes in , cleans it out and then flips it all for mega dollars . If I knew anyplace , I wouldn't tell anyone either .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

469 runner

That is probably Fremans Auto Parts in Whitehall.  I have heard after numerous attempts to liquidate inventory or sell outright that he is crushing a lot of what is there. He is getting old, a man has to take care of himself.  I used to buy quite a bit from him years ago, always was a good experience.

twenty mike mike

Quote from: 469 runner on January 29, 2014, 11:01:24 PM
That is probably Fremans Auto Parts in Whitehall.  I have heard after numerous attempts to liquidate inventory or sell outright that he is crushing a lot of what is there. He is getting old, a man has to take care of himself.  I used to buy quite a bit from him years ago, always was a good experience.

Freeman's is in Montana.

http://www.fremansauto.com/home/?sel=TRUE

spoolinhard

Quote from: hemihead on January 29, 2014, 10:48:25 PM
I have found that very few people tell of yards with classic Mopars nowadays . Because what happens is when word gets out , someone with deep pockets goes in , cleans it out and then flips it all for mega dollars . If I knew anyplace , I wouldn't tell anyone either .

Ive been there. Its Rhoners right outside Wilmar. Don't understand the secrecy. They are reasonable on their prices. Stuff is pretty picked through but there are still some useable things here and there. Cars have been there since they could be bought cheap. they are rusty, don't expect to find a project!!! Oh, and I personally carved up a couple of the chargers, so they don't look like they do in that link!!!

SuperJim

Wilmar, MN is definitely west of the Mpls/St Paul, so could be it. Hope so!
Jim
Supercar Collectibles, Ltd.
http://www.supercar1.com/index.php

troy.70R/T

I am going to go there this summer and check it out. I have a buddy that lives in Wilmar and its about time for a visit. I think I might go to Mopars in the Park in Farmington this year so that would be another good way to talk myself into the trip.

spoolinhard

Quote from: SuperJim on February 01, 2014, 09:07:22 AM
Wilmar, MN is definitely west of the Mpls/St Paul, so could be it. Hope so!

No, it is so!  :rofl: I have personally looked over every car in those pics. And if you look at the 68 I carved the roof section out of, it is the very first pic in the link that was posted. :2thumbs: