News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

geezermobile?

Started by don duick, January 16, 2014, 04:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don duick

anybody like to guess the average age of a charger owner.
my guess  is 55.
I liked the car when I saw DMCL In 1975 at the age of 13.

polywideblock

so do we break out the "bowling hats " for the parcel shelf  or what   :icon_smile_big: :popcrn:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

TexasGeneral

John L

Ghoste

That likely all comes down to desire and financial ability.  I agree its a hobby dominated by graybeards but I wonder also how many of those same owners got into quite young.  Not just dreaming about it but actually buying one.

J.Bond

Quote from: John L on January 16, 2014, 06:25:10 AM
Quote from: TexasGeneral on January 16, 2014, 05:17:08 AM
Bust out the Geritol :rofl:

That "Depends".

Really,,,,,,,,,,,,Depends, and geezermobile, go hand in hand :lol:

No kidding on the age issue, first year I hit moparfest to check out first gens I was shocked to discover the majority of first gen owners were well above 50 years old. Not very often have I met a young first gen owner,

Baldwinvette77

Average age? sounds like another survey is needed  :scratchchin:

Ghoste

We did it before a few years ago.  Be interesting to see a new one and compare the two.

fy469rtse

Age ? What we actually are or the age we act or feel on the inside , you age but do you really, I remember when I got into dodge way before I knew about chargers , saw a magazine article on a Daytona and was fascinated at the speed and performance of this car and started looking for more info on these cars, I think I was about 12 at the time

myk

As a group we're only going to get older, on the average.  After all, these cars in the form of scrap heap command much more money than younger folk are capable or willing to spend for...

Cooter

My brother bought his 69 R/T back in 1987 for $2000.00 when he was a wee lad of 17....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: myk on January 16, 2014, 08:44:58 AM
As a group we're only going to get older, on the average. 

I might ad that no one gets out alive either.

wingcar

Are you talking about physical age.....or what age we act like when behind the wheel of our Chargers......?

(Many will tell you the Charger is a time machine and it will transport you back to a time when life was simpler and we where all a lot younger..........)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

myk

Quote from: wingcar on January 16, 2014, 09:40:57 AM
Are you talking about physical age.....or what age we act like when behind the wheel of our Chargers......?

(Many will tell you the Charger is a time machine and it will transport you back to a time when life was simpler and we where all a lot younger..........)

Never thought of it that way...

JB400

I was under the impression this thread was about Corvettes and Lincolns before I read it :lol:

RoscoePColtrain

I got my 70 Satellite at age 37 and my 68 Charger at 38.  Watching DOH as a youngin, I've always wanted a 69 Charger, but alas, the selection up here in Canada(Mississauga) is very limited and we seem to be paying an extra 30-40% for em.

hawkeye

I am always amazed that younger guys have the where-with-all to get into these cars.  I just turned 60 and up until about 5 years ago every dime went into paying bills so EVERYTHING was paid for when retire.  And even if I would have had the money, I wouldn't have had the time.  I can only imagine what my wife would have said if I would have wanted to borrow money (or delay paying off bills) for a toy!  

Dreamcar

I'm 34 now.

Growing up with DOH and later seeing Bullitt on TV got me liking muscle cars. Even though I was getting my driver's license when the import scene was just starting, I always preferred muscle cars, especially classic ones. Then, right at that time, the DOH came back on TNN in the mid 90s and I got hooked again and had a 69 Charger picture in my locker at school.

Now that we are financially stable, I bought my 69 Charger last July. It needs resto so the price was acceptable. I'm taking my time as money allows and someday she'll be back on the road.

"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

oldgold69

ehh  what you say sonny :shruggy:

polywideblock

I was waiting for the kids to grow up and leave home .funny thing is the wife went to  :shruggy: . now finally I've got the cash and no-one complaining about this or that which should be payed for first . so cars it is and I'm happy with that   :icon_smile_big:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

F8-4life

If your young with no girlfriend & bills, its a good time to get a charger I figure.
I got my 69 at 21 & got a 73 around a year later.
If I waited to get into cars who knows how long it would be put off.

Lord Warlock

Introduced to mopars at 16 from older cousins out west, one had a turbocharged 383 4spd 68 charger, his sister drove a 70 cuda AAR.  A year later got my first car a 69 charger r/t se, at the time I didn't know what an R/T was or what SE stood for, all i knew was it was complete, it ran well, and was priced right at $1000, dad dickered him down to 800.  I'm 53 now, one kid is graduating college this year, other is starting college next semester.  Still don't seem to have enough cash for my wants, but on the other hand I already own most of what i really need.  Now i just want to pay everything off before i retire.  Then i can enjoy things more.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

cptjohn

Bought a 68 Charger in !971 at the ripe old age of 20.  I bought my second Charger, a 70 needing full a restoration when i turned 60 two years ago.  Just finishing up my shop so I have a place to start the restoratioon project.  Can't wait to start the project.  I've been hooked on Chargers since The 2nd generation came out in 1968.
1970 Charger RT clone in waiting

charge69

I bought my Charger in 1976 at 29 yrs. old and still have it. I won't say what I paid for it as it would make a few of you sick but, it was a complete running and almost totally original Hemicar. :cheers:

I drove it around town just for kicks until 1982 when I put it away for a future restoration.  I never drove the Charger back then without someone "curbing" me and wanting to look at it and ask if it was for sale! Ha! :rofl:

Finally finished a 5-year restoration last year and I am driving it again! Yea!  I haven't added up the receipts but I guess I have well over 60K in the restoration. It still is not for sale but, I think I could get my money back out of it! :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

When I get to be as ancient as you old farts, maybe the Charger will be my very own geezermobile, but until then.....

:icon_smile_big: