News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ever put moth balls in your tank?

Started by marshallfry01, January 15, 2014, 12:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marshallfry01

Here while back I was talking to some guys that were teenagers back in the 60's-70's and they said that moth balls would boost the octane in their gas.  They said they would put a few in every tank and that it would run like a striped ape. Did y'all ever do this and does it even work? I'm just a little curious about this... :D
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

1974dodgecharger

moth balls were used for the dresser with clothes...

Ghoste

No, I don't put magnets on the fuel line either.

myk

Quote from: Ghoste on January 15, 2014, 07:04:44 AM
No, I don't put magnets on the fuel line either.

Lol, never heard of that one; what's that about?

Cooter

No moth balls don't up the octane of sh*t fuel. All they do is clog up fuel filters/carbs.
They are NOT made with the same ingredients as years ago.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

War wagon

They are supposed to work at keeping the mice at bay. Several people have told me they place a container by the shop doors with moth balls and the mice won't come in....
Haven't tried it myself.

I would never put them in my gas tank thou :smilielol:

Ghoste

The fuel line magnets are some gimmick you see from time to time that you put on the fuel line and they magnetically realign the fuel molecules to ensure complete combustion and giving enormous mileage and power boosts.  A like device is the "turbulator" that you can place in the air intake somewhere.   It has vanes to whip the incoming air charge into such a frenzy that fuel has no choice but to vaporize into the finest possible breakdown and stay that way until ignition dammit!, thus ensuring complete combustion with enormous gains boosts to both mileage and power.

marshallfry01

Well I figured it was a myth!! But I was gonna ask anyway. Haha
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

A383Wing

Decades ago the rage was to put clothes-pins on fuel lines as well.....

some of you younger guys may not know what those are, so you will have to look it up

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: A383Wing on January 15, 2014, 10:52:28 PM
Decades ago the rage was to put clothes-pins on fuel lines as well.....

some of you younger guys may not know what those are, so you will have to look it up

Think I remmebe4 that lol.....mu uncle?

charger Downunder

[/quote]

68X426

Moth balls?

Moth balls?

Have you ever smelled moth balls?

3... 2... 1...

How did you pry their little legs apart?

:scared:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Ghoste

dukeboy_318

Just put a 10 lb bag of sugar in your tank. Your car will run sweet as heck then.  :hah: :hah:  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

RallyeMike

QuoteMoth balls?

Moth balls?

3... 2... 1...

Yea, I was gonna say, It's easier to just throw the whole moth in the tank, balls and all.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ghoste

I've found them on my windshield, does that count?  (their little balls are pretty much squashed by then)

ACUDANUT

Get some aviation octane fuel (140 )  :shruggy:

Dino

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 18, 2014, 02:26:48 AM
QuoteMoth balls?

Moth balls?

3... 2... 1...

Yea, I was gonna say, It's easier to just throw the whole moth in the tank, balls and all.

Quote from: Ghoste on January 18, 2014, 10:33:34 AM
I've found them on my windshield, does that count?  (their little balls are pretty much squashed by then)

You guys are hysterical.   :smilielol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1974dodgecharger

I once put nos in my gas tank that I bought out of the gas station.  It was weird they had it in the refrigerator dude told me the colder the gas the better combustion....car ran great.

ODZKing

I believe it was increase milage, not octane.
I never tried it but here is an article
http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/

Cooter

Quote from: War wagon on January 15, 2014, 07:59:16 AM
They are supposed to work at keeping the mice at bay. Several people have told me they place a container by the shop doors with moth balls and the mice won't come in....
Haven't tried it myself.

I would never put them in my gas tank thou :smilielol:

This don't work either. Little bastids still get in my junk. EVERY SINGLE SPRING, I go down the road and stuffing outta my seats hits me in the face when I open the fresh air vent. And I have a whole box in the cars. Sure does make your ride smell funny.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

When my family were still in the orchard business we had the ultimate rodent poison, they didn't survive three feet from ingestion but I cant get it now.

Challenger340

Mothballs mixed in the Fuel Tank is hard on the Muffler Bearings... don't do it OK ? :rofl:
Only wimps wear Bowties !