News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cold air intake

Started by Dark Knight, March 29, 2014, 01:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Knight

I purchased a 2012 Charger R/T AWD and I have been doing some research on cold air intake systems. I am getting conflicting results, some are saying they work to increase hp and mileage some say they are a waste of money?

JB400

Welcome to the group :cheers:   That depends on what kit you get.  Kits supplied from companies like Spectre will be a waste of money.  They're mostly for those that want the look without the performance.  Kits supplied from Mopar Performance and K&N will be the ones that will give you a performance boost just not a lot.  Also, if you do a cat back exhaust and a computer tune to compliment your CAI, you'll notice an increase in hp and fuel economy as well.

I'd stick with well known, name brands when purchasing a CAI.

c00nhunterjoe

The intakes dont give you anything on a stock car. Spend that cash on an air filter for the stock box. And a diablo predator.

sanders7981

^^^^ what he said....  In order to get the most out of a CAI, you need all the other supporting mods.  

A383Wing

it just "sounds" louder so you think you got more power