News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cruise / speed control lever. Same for all 2nd gens?

Started by Dino, January 11, 2014, 11:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I know someone told me before but I can't find the post.  When did the levers change? 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

471_Magnum

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Dino

Ghoste

John_Kunkel

Pre-'70 is twist-to-engage, '70-on is slide-to-engage.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

471_Magnum

Quote from: John_Kunkel on January 11, 2014, 04:14:42 PMPre-'70 is twist-to-engage, '70-on is slide-to-engage.

Nope. 70 stalk is one year only I believe, and it mimics the appearance and function with the earlier stalks.

70 stalks will functionally interchange with the later ones though.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

b5blue

There is one on eBay now.  :scratchchin: I sold mine (70) to a member here.

Skull-1

Is there any way to retro cruise control?  Man that would be sweet to put on my car!
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

Ghoste

I've seen it done a few times.  You have to go out and find the pieces but yes it can be done.

471_Magnum

Install is pretty simple. Finding all the parts is the hard part. After market kit is the easy way to go.

Dino

I think I'll keep looking for the 69 parts.  These came mostly on c bodies I assume?  Is the 69 lever the same for all 69 mopar or b body only?  From what I hear these units work pretty well when maintained.  If anyone has some parts, drop me a line please.

Ghoste

b5blue

There seems to be quite a few parts for the system on eBay right now not just the switch. (They come up in my "70 Charger" searches.) It might be a good topic to start a data base of by saving pics and tracking prices off eBay.  :scratchchin: The switch in the pic is exactly what was on my 70 and I know that part was original to my car.

Nacho-RT74

actually the 72 are like earliers... I think 73 was the change over
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

471_Magnum

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 12, 2014, 11:05:13 AM
actually the 72 are like earliers... I think 73 was the change over
Yeah. I think you're right. There are at least two variants of the 70-type level now that I think of it. There is one with chrome bezel, which I think is exclusive to 70, and then it transitioned to silver/argent painted, as pictured. Chrome ones are rare.

Ghoste

471_Magnum

Ghoste

I have a photo of the car on the wall here beside but all I can see are Hooters girls.

Skull-1

Quote from: 471_Magnum on January 11, 2014, 07:59:22 PM
Install is pretty simple. Finding all the parts is the hard part. After market kit is the easy way to go.

After market as in NON-MOPAR GENERIC or something else?
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

b5blue

Made by any other company, just use the factory switch.  :2thumbs: