News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

pics of new charger police rims on 2nd gen?

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 14, 2014, 01:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Anyone have pics of them?  I found some new charger black police rims with tires for a good price and want to use them as a spare for the 68.  Curious how they look like on the 2nd gens B bodys.

myk

Are the backspacings/offsets of those wheels compatible with a 2nd 'Gen?

Ghoste

I don't know if I've seen any of the new Charger wheels on a 2nd gen.

hemihead

They are like 20's or something and I don't think the bolt pattern is even the same .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Ghoste

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ghoste on January 14, 2014, 06:23:21 AM
I don't know if I've seen any of the new Charger wheels on a 2nd gen.

LOL  :whistling:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

cavemanno1

:eek2:

Why get them,i thought you were selling her  :nana:

Ghoste

1974dodgecharger

well I was talking about the black police rims..found a set for 220 with tires and all...I figure they can be my spare or something.

myk

I'm almost certain that the bolt pattern will match up (they're the same on Discount Tire's websites), but I'm equally certain that the backspacing/offset will be wrong.  I'd take measurements of the new-era wheel and then consult with a wheel and tire shop just to be sure...

Mike DC

Yeah, I think the modern-car offset of the wheels would kill the chances of it fitting even if nothing else did.

1974dodgecharger

Ok, I forgo them.....just wanted some cheap spares.

myk

Come to think of it, I should get one too... ::)

HPP

Cheap spares... look at Jeep or Explorer wheels. Same bolt pattern and the offset isn't AS bad.

myk

Quote from: HPP on January 18, 2014, 03:31:48 PM
Cheap spares... look at Jeep or Explorer wheels. Same bolt pattern and the offset isn't AS bad.

What I "should've" done was buy a 5th wheel completely identical to my main 4...

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: myk on January 18, 2014, 03:45:02 PM

What I "should've" done was buy a 5th wheel completely identical to my main 4...

My problem is myk my goal this year is make a long trip with the charger and I have them staggared.  Im now looking into buying a 18x10 for the rear instead of my 20s back there.  I want the same as the front 18x8 as my spare so that if the rear goes out I can put that back there or front.  Cant carry around two sets a 20 and 18 in the trunk like that.

myk

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 18, 2014, 08:35:38 PM
Quote from: myk on January 18, 2014, 03:45:02 PM

My problem is myk my goal this year is make a long trip with the charger and I have them staggared.  Im now looking into buying a 18x10 for the rear instead of my 20s back there.  I want the same as the front 18x8 as my spare so that if the rear goes out I can put that back there or front.  Cant carry around two sets a 20 and 18 in the trunk like that.

Hmmm.....good point.  I never even considered that when I was trying to decide staggered or not...

1974dodgecharger

yours look likes the front can go the back so I bet your safe......

myk

Yeah, no clearance issues with my non-staggered 245x45-18 all around set up, but the back of the car just looks....lacking without fatter tires.  Hell, my '99 Ram-Air Bird rolls on 295's from the factory...