News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Harms/Scott, thanks a lot: Hemi carbs.

Started by hemi68charger, January 13, 2014, 08:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..

Just wanted to pass along some of the items I got from Scott at Harms Auto... I can't wait to fire up this puppy when I put her in the Daytona. The carbs look great and I really dig the carb tags I got today from him..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Your really starting to make me jealous there Troy.

Looks great. Now all I need is a a Daytona and a Hemi to drop in it.

ws23rt

I felt the same way with what I got from Harms for my 69 Hemi. Mine are clones but I would rather have them than pay for numbers matching bodys. :2thumbs:

BTW there is a pair of tags like those on ebay (original) asking about $450.  This is just the tags :eek2:

Ghoste

They almost look too nice to put fuel through.

Mytur Binsdirti

The carbs look very nice, but what's with the tape residue on the valve covers? 

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 14, 2014, 06:57:46 AM
The carbs look very nice, but what's with the tape residue on the valve covers?  

When the motor was stored after rebuild/storage, there were no tubes in it. So, the holes were overed with duct tape. I pulled the tape off, hence leaving the residue. I haven't gotten around to cleaning/repainting the valve covers. They look fine cosmetically, so I'm hoping I don't need to powder coat the covers again. Hopefully just a good ole' fashion cleaning of Simple Green will do the trick...

I still have a lot to do to the motor detail-wise. I am waiting on getting the proper water pump housing. Once I find one, I will button everything up, to include attachment of the negative battery and body ground cables, then paint. I also need to get the proper valve cover hardware... Things are just mocked up now to verify fit.

What one sees now isn't the way it's going to look once I mate the motor to car......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection