News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 / 452-906 heads

Started by Sixtyeight, January 26, 2014, 10:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixtyeight

Hi,

Found myself a 440 (F440 HP) and has a 452 head on the right bank and a 906 head on the left. By my knowledge the only difference between them are the heat threated valve seats.
Is this going to work as a combo? Am I gonna notice something from it?

Jeroen.

Charger Registration of the Netherlands / www.charger.nl
1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger

bakerhillpins

My understanding is that the intake passage travels a slightly different path as well. So there is an argument that the 452 flows a bit better.  :shruggy: :Twocents:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

John_Kunkel

The buttmeter won't tell any difference.  :icon_smile_wink:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

69wannabe

Quote from: John_Kunkel on January 26, 2014, 05:55:31 PM

The buttmeter won't tell any difference.  :icon_smile_wink:

Well said!!!!! Mopar muscle done a comparison of all the open chamber heads and from what I got out of it the 906's,346's and the 452's all flow bout the same numbers. There wasn't 5% difference between all of them. Like said above you will never feel the difference. You can do some bigger valves and some minor port work and these heads will perform as good or better as an out of the box set of the stealth heads from my experience and I only had bout 600 bucks in my 346's I had done this way.

Sixtyeight

Hi,

Well, that's good to hear, the buttmeter counts!

Thanks for the info!!  :2thumbs:

Jeroen.

Charger Registration of the Netherlands / www.charger.nl
1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger