News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

converting 70 to 68

Started by don duick, January 25, 2014, 05:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

Quote from: fy469rtse on January 26, 2014, 05:41:07 PM
Don , you haven't told us why or what it is about the 70 model you don't like , is it the fit of front bumper , go the full treatment to rt muscle car , get another boot lid and put that to the side if you hate the luggage rack ,
There's a lot I like about the 70 model , inside I like the doortrims , best out the the 3 , rt side scoops ,

I agree with Geoff.  Where are you going with this??

don duick

I don't hate the front bumper of the 70 but think a 68 front looks better is the only reason. I dont have a luggage rack that was just an attempt of humour with polywideblock. Right now I have an opportunity to buy a 68 front clip which is a rare opportunity as aussie guys might realise. This just got me thinking. Considering all the comments from you all {which I greatly appreciate} I think It might be best to leave it alone. I was originally thinking of doing a half assed job and leaving 70 tail lights and side lights then I panicked and thought this would all be wrong and regret it. Maybe the amount of effort required wouild not be worth the end result. I just finished the paint job and assembly only one and a half years ago. I should have considered this before the strip down, rust repairs bodywork and paint. 

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ghoste

Agreed, you are doing the right thing.  All those saying its a cheap swap and it isn't permanent, well that may all be true.  But I'd be willing to bet that if you tried to sell the car that way you'd have a hard time convincing prospective buyers of the value.  Maybe not, but if I were looking at a 68 and it was originally a 70 it would have to be a too cheap to pass up smoking deal for me to even look at it.  That or a market condition where there were NO other 68's to pick from at all. :Twocents: