News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is it with you guys and brand loyalte?

Started by cavemanno1, January 12, 2014, 06:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

cavemanno1

69 our/tee,not my business but why the hell do you need 4 daily driver  :scratchchin:

Don't care about the carbon emission,poor trees and dolphins :slap:

:nana: :lol:

Homerr

One thing I like Mopar for is the sense of fun.  The ad campaigns were cool, mod tops, roadrunners with beep-beep horns, pistol grip shifters.  Design in many cases was top notch, see 2nd gen Chargers and E-bodies.  I grew up riding in the back of a '66 Satellite too.

After a time things like torsion bars and unibody construction seem like the right way to have done things.  Work on a Mopar for a while and the arcane knowledge that transfers between each model helps bond with the brand.  I suppose it isn't that different than Ford and Chevy guys.

Any Mustang fastback up to 1973 is pretty cool in my book.  I could own an AMC - Javelin or AMX - at some point.  I'm less interested in GM/Chevy overall, but I do love the Corvairs.

myk

My only brand loyalty is to wheeled vehicles that go above and beyond the bare need of just getting from point A, to point B.  If someone's just into "this" or "that" or whatever brand and hates everything else, then you're missing the point and might as well be driving something mundane and lifeless designed to get you from point A, to point B; may God have mercy on you...

odcics2

4 2 6    H e m i

any questions?

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

cavemanno1

So the "Mopar or no car" doesn't stand anymore?  :scratchchin:

By the looks of it not many people "Brand loyal" then!Which i can understand perfectly!

Nowdays when you have to watch gas milage and jap cars use less gas,it isn't easy to be loyal!

Why can't the American car manufacturesrs make their cars competitive with Japos?

I'm not an American but would choose an American brand well before a Japanese or German.
I know how patriotic you guys are proud to be an American so why not support your car manufacturers,maybe then they would not need to be sold off to the Germans or Italians!

I know i can't see the whole business aspect of it and it's more to it than just "Buy American" it's good for the country!
But it's a shame where they ended up since they made the best looking cars ever,not just Chrysler but the others!

Changing the American car design and manufacturing ways to be like European is way wrong!It's like crossing two great breed of dogs who are completely diffrent but great in their own ways to make something that is a mix match.All you end up is something hideous because they loose what made them great!IMO

odcics2

Quote from: cavemanno1 on January 14, 2014, 04:59:06 AM
So the "Mopar or no car" doesn't stand anymore?  :scratchchin:

By the looks of it not many people "Brand loyal" then!Which i can understand perfectly!

Nowdays when you have to watch gas milage and jap cars use less gas,it isn't easy to be loyal!

Why can't the American car manufacturesrs make their cars competitive with Japos?

I'm not an American but would choose an American brand well before a Japanese or German.
I know how patriotic you guys are proud to be an American so why not support your car manufacturers,maybe then they would not need to be sold off to the Germans or Italians!

I know i can't see the whole business aspect of it and it's more to it than just "Buy American" it's good for the country!
But it's a shame where they ended up since they made the best looking cars ever,not just Chrysler but the others!

Changing the American car design and manufacturing ways to be like European is way wrong!It's like crossing two great breed of dogs who are completely diffrent but great in their own ways to make something that is a mix match.All you end up is something hideous because they loose what made them great!IMO

To me, it is "Mopar or no car".
I have NEVER owned anything else in my entire life and am PROUD of that fact.

Ghoste

Me too.  I guess I wasn't clear about that before.

cavemanno1

Quote from: Ghoste on January 14, 2014, 06:42:39 AM
Me too.  I guess I wasn't clear about that before.

Yes you were but i wrote "not many people" are having just mopars!You are one of the few :yesnod:

Cooter

426 hemi making 1000 hp.....

LS motor making 2000 for less money.....hmmmmm.....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: cavemanno1 on January 13, 2014, 10:45:57 AM
69 our/tee,not my business but why the hell do you need 4 daily driver  :scratchchin:

Don't care about the carbon emission,poor trees and dolphins :slap:

:nana: :lol:

Well,cavenman,to answer that short and simple,you don't need 4 daily drivers.In short,bought the Durango R/T new in 00,when gas was $1.80 gal and at 12 city/16 highway,did'nt care.It's black,became very particular with it(has 15k miles on it as we speak),so wasn't driving it much.Then in 03,saw at that dodge dealer,brand new Caravan SXT sticker for $24k,knocked down to $18,500 !!!With a 1 and 3 year old at the time,easier for my wife to get them in/out,and if they're gonna puke/spill juice/make a mess,rather have them do that to a $18k van,not a $36k Durango.I know,sell the Durango,right?Liked it enough to keep  and use only on nice days,going out to functions,whatever.
In the hobby,you need a truck for hauling and towing,so bought a Ram(30k miles in 7 years),and with the calcium chloride they use around me,won't drive it in that crap,you see how the Rams rot out around the WW's.NTM,brake/fuel lines.So we use the van,goes awesome with Blizzaks all around !!!!!
Now,this past summer,my family was in the Caravan on the highway and was hit on the right side and shoved in front of a tractor trailor on the left,wiping out the van.Everbody walked away without a scratch,the van,not so good,$8k+ damage totaling it.
My wife really loves the new Chargers,we got an awesome deal,I think,on it so we bought one.
Ended up retaining the van with the salvage title,fixing it,and keeping it anyway,for both of us to use,ntm,for my career I have a company truck for whom I work for,if I go to another company,they might not have them and you must use your own vehicle,I need to be able to haul instruments/equipment,and small ladders,so the van would be perfect.And again,my oldest will start driving in the next 3,4 years,perfect for her to learn/start off in as they are easy to drive/see out of.
As far as polluting the air/killing the trees,does'nt matter how many cars you have,can only drive one or two at a time,ntm,my wife works from home,LOL .

Scaregrabber

Back in the 70's we did lots of street racing. The Chevy guys always trash talked Mopars which only served to tick us off and make them run harder. But the effect stays with you all your life and to this day I don't like the General. Back in those days Ford and Mopar guys had fewer numbers and worked to kick GM butts, that`s why I still respect Ford guys more than GM guys. I would own classic Ford muscle but not Chevy.

Sheldon

Ghoste

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: Scaregrabber on January 14, 2014, 01:35:14 PM
Back in the 70's we did lots of street racing. The Chevy guys always trash talked Mopars which only served to tick us off and make them run harder. But the effect stays with you all your life and to this day I don't like the General. Back in those days Ford and Mopar guys had fewer numbers and worked to kick GM butts, that`s why I still respect Ford guys more than GM guys. I would own classic Ford muscle but not Chevy.

Sheldon

Being a Mopar fan from way back I relate to what you've said here, but it's not the GM cars that are at fault, it's some (if not most) of the OWNERS of GM cars.  Namely Chevy owners. They have a mindset, and refuse to pull their heads out of their butt and accept the fact that some other manufacturer may have built a better machine.

When discussing cars with other people I've often said it's not so much the Chevy's I have a problem with it's the mentality and attitude of the owners.

Through the years I've owned a few Chevys. Did I think they were better than my Mopars? No!    Did I like them better than my Mopars? No!    Were they good cars? Yeah, they were okay, I enjoyed them.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

cavemanno1

I bet,on some other brands forum they say the exact same thing!

Sublime/Sixpack

Ghoste

No doubt.  They're wrong of course but I'm sure they say it.

odcics2

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Cooter on January 14, 2014, 07:59:01 AM

Very true cooter, very true.  Though in the end if money was no object I would throw it at the Hemi personally.

odcics2

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 14, 2014, 09:55:49 PM

Very true cooter, very true.  Though in the end if money was no object I would throw it at the Hemi personally.

lol, who cares about money?    :shruggy:

Sublime/Sixpack

Ghoste

If I wanted an LS I'd be on that forum dissing Mopars. :icon_smile_big:

Cooter

Quote from: odcics2 on January 14, 2014, 10:02:02 PM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 14, 2014, 09:55:49 PM

Very true cooter, very true.  Though in the end if money was no object I would throw it at the Hemi personally.

lol, who cares about money?    :shruggy:

Other than the insanely rich, pretty much everybody else...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

timmycharger

Funny, if the dealership at the end of my Grandparents street was a Ford or Chevrolet, then Id be probably tinkering with a Chevelle or Torino.  Brand loyalty was passed down to me, Mopar was all I knew growing up in the early 80's.  My father had slant six Darts, my Grandfather had Coronets and Magnums, but the biggest influence on me was my Uncle, who had a 69 Charger. The car was a mess, specifically after being stolen in the 70's, but I remember riding in it and wanting one ever since.  I still have a nice black and white pic of it framed in my garage as an homage to what was responsible for my current obsession with the Dodge Charger.  

Will my boys be obsessed with my Subaru or my wife's Mazda? its not the same to me for some reason.

When it comes to muscle car era cars, its Mopar or No Car for me.  Makes for a lot of fun with my buddies, as they have Ford and Chevy Muscle, especially when putting the smack down on them at the track  :icon_smile_big:

Ok, no smack is being laid down at the moment (it was 10 years ago, but whos counting?)

chargerboy69

When I was young and naive I was a Mopar or No Car Kid.  After realizing Mopar made some fairly ugly cars since. . . well. . . forever, there are probably just a handful of Mopars I actually like. Chevelles, Torinos, Mustangs, Grand Nationals, Trans Ams, all sweat cars, and all cars I would take over most Mopars.

Now, Chargers, Coronets and Superbirds rise to the top for me. . . but a 1972 Trans Am and 1968 Chevelle SS are up there too.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford