News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is it with you guys and brand loyalte?

Started by cavemanno1, January 12, 2014, 06:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanno1

I always wondered why you guys hate other brands like ford,Chevy etc.

If you like old classic muscle cars why hate the others?Is it the way you were brought up,culture or just personal bad experience with the other brands?

We over here in Hungary love anything that is a classic American car!Like myself i love '68-'69 chargers but also like the '67-'68 mustang fastback,'67 Gto,'71-74 Pontiac firebird,'77 trans am,'79 Corvette and others!

Don't wanna upset you guys but don't you think if you consider yourself a car guy that shouldn't mean that you like ONLY one brand?

charger Downunder

If it has a chrome bumper i like it. Then again i now own three Volvo's.
[/quote]

XH29N0G

I like any nice old car (muscle cars more), but for me the charger is what I like most. 

The charger is what I grew up with.   
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

War wagon

I'm a gear head.... I can appreciate any car.

But when it comes to muscle cars there is no substitute , only Mopars for me.
While I can appreciate the lines of a 67 mustang fastback, I will never own one for many reasons...
Everybody and their brother has one, same with Camaro's..
The brand X crap just wasn't engineered for abuse and maximum power the way the Mopar stuff was. The engineers at Mopar where real car guys , like the ram chargers they advanced the cars towards maximum Reliable performance.

When it comes time to spend my hard earned money, it gets spent on a Mopar..
Nobody likes too finish 2nd

Pull into a car show or race track in a camaro.... No one looks or cares you have arrived....
Pull into a car show driving a Mopar, everyone looks and soon you have a crowd around the car.
Why is that? They didn't make very many compared to the other manufacturers and people KNOW these cars are powerful and win a lot of races. Not too mention they are Beautiful machines

Go ahead and buy a Chevy or Ford, you can watch my tail lights down the track. :smilielol: :smilielol:

MOPAR= More Overall Power And Reliablity   ;)

Daytona R/T SE

My opinions are based on my personal experience.

I've owned several cars and trucks over the years.

I lost count a long time ago.

It has to be around 75 vehicles that I've owned at this point.

From parts cars dragged out of the junkyard, to brand new off the dealer's lot, I've had several.

I've had my best luck with the Chrysler products.

The Fords I've owned with one exception were good vehicles.

There are some Pontiacs I had that I wish I'd kept.

Every last Chevrolet I've ever owned has been a flying hunk of shit.

If someone gave me a Chevrolet, it would be for sale before I got it home...CHEAP !

Did I mention that I hate Chevies ?

Your results may vary.

Baldwinvette77

Brand loyalty? I grew up in the era of the cavilier and honda civic, i'll take anything american between 1940-1972, far cooler looking, easier to repair, and as for musclecars theres really not anything from any brand im not a fan of  :coolgleamA: amx, chevelle, firebird, torino, coronet, i'd take anything over a late model hatchback  :lol:

cavemanno1

OK,thanks for the personal point of view!

I'm not judging anyone so don't get me wrong i just always wondered why it is?

I'm a biker myself as well and have a ducati.Now most of the guys who own a ducati hate Japanese bikes with a passion!
Don't understand them but that is their choice!Sure like War wagon mentioned applies with ducatis as well!Rarer and better looking than the other brands!

For me the '68-'69 charger is the number 1 and wouldn't own an other muscle car unless i have a charger!Hell,i swore to myself to the first car i will have is a '69 charger!Waited 15 years for it to get her.No doubt the charger is the best looking car ever!

About who is the fastest or have a bigger engine isn't my thing!There is always someone faster,better and stronger then you,always!

You guys are lucky to grow up with these cars around you and have a "culture" to have "Father son" projects.
Would be cool to have a cheap muscle car when you are in high school or have garages big enough and parts store around the corner to fix these cars up!
Thinking about all those kids playing with their xbox360,playstation and laptops instead of wrenching in the garage.I'm 34 but sure as hell will try to teach my son anything i know about bikes and cars!

We just watched Smokey and the Bandit on TV and even he is just 8 months old just sat there in my lap watching the car being chased!Hope he will love cars and bikes and girls more than stupid computer games!

OK sorry back to the topic!

cavemanno1

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on January 12, 2014, 09:20:43 AM
Brand loyalty? I grew up in the era of the cavilier and honda civic, i'll take anything american between 1940-1972, far cooler looking, easier to repair, and as for musclecars theres really not anything from any brand im not a fan of  :coolgleamA: amx, chevelle, firebird, torino, coronet, i'd take anything over a late model hatchback  :lol:

Would you guys say that the brand loyalty if we can call it applies with older generation?No offense to anyone calling them old :slap:!

Seems to me from the comments that only a few people are Mopar fanatics,or am i wrong?

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

War wagon

Ducati is the Ferrari of bikes IMHO , I've had a couple Japanese bikes over the years and always wanted a Duck! Awesome machines :cheers:
As far as the "older set" being more brand loyal there may some truth to that.

I have an underlying need for speed that just never seems to be satisfied.
My dream would be to pilot a nitro methane funny car :drool5:
So I appreciate ANY performance car

And your very correct in saying someone will always be faster...... See the Best part of owning a Mopar is even if you loose the race you take comfort in the fact you still have the cooler car LOL

I'm ONLY brand loyal when it comes to muscle cars! My winter car is made in Japan lol
I have a Ram 4x4 that I don't want ruined from the salt and snow. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

If I had the coin I would have a huge range of vehicles from all over the world. But when it comes to classic American muscle cars, even if I had unlimited funds I could only think of a couple non Mopars I would be interested in.
Dodge Chrysler Plymouth offered the customer sooooo many choices, it's hard too stray from a good thing

RallyeMike

It's mostly just friendly rivalry and competition. It makes it fun, kind of like ribbing your best buddy. If Mopar's didn't exist, most everyone here would be thrilled to have a Mustang, Camaro, Pacer X, etc.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 12, 2014, 09:49:46 AM
It's mostly just friendly rivalry and competition. It makes it fun, kind of like ribbing your best buddy.

Well put.

I don't hate anyone else's rig. To each his own.

But.....there's always a "but".......back in the day my Challenger was on the road, there was a small percentage of Chevy owners that were just plain [expletive deleted]s. Obnoxious [expletive deleted]s.

The feelings for Fords.....comes from pickups. I'm also into 4X4s some, again a small percentage of Ford owners.....well a large percentage of Power Stroke guy's feel so inadequate around Cummins guys.....they just can't seem to help themselves.

So there is a bit of personal......negativity from some owners. So it's natural they get a bit of negativity back.

They shouldn't shovel it, if they can't take it.

Ghoste

These cars are rooted in competition and wouldn't exist without it.  After that its just supporting the home team.

b5blue

As a kid I grew up with my dad buying GM, so I started buying GM after my brother blew the engine in my Willys Overlander. (My first car.) The only GMs that didn't self destruct were 6cyl Novas. Buick, Olds, Chevy old or new they broke. The new 77 Z/28 was delivered to me with a broken cruise control and the new 78 Chevy 4X4 short bed truck's engine didn't make it to the first payment due.
  I reluctantly took a 67 stang in trade and sold the truck while it was in the dealer getting the engine overhauled. Drove then sold for a nice profit the 67, picked up a 65 rag top and swapped it for a Duster. That was my turn around, the Fords and Mopars didn't break constantly like I was use to. When they did have some issue it was easier to fix/work on. No Ford or Mopar ever "cost" me money, they all ran for so many miles and regardless of repairs paid me back in service over the years.
  I can't speak for newer cars as I have no interest in any. I have friends who adore GMs and several hard core Chevy guys who all have no issues. I figure I ether suck at picking GM or just am too hard on them, they can't take my abuse.  :lol: I "like them all" but my 70 Charger is my car, I don't want anything else to drive.

Cooter

Plenty of reasons...
Some always root for the underdog.
Some always go with the one that has their engines in Top Fuel. (Even though NOTHING on those hemis are even close to a street hemi)
Some will support only what their low info family member has always supported, and threatened with bodily harm if anything else is brought into the yard.
Some will only support the cheapest brand to build out there because that's what everybody else is doing so they dont wanna be the one thats different. ( ie SHEEPLE).
AND ON AND ON AND ON.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

cudaken

It is easy for me to explain Peter. I grew up in the Muscle Days and Dad bought my 68 Road Runner because he was a Richard Petty Fan.  :coolgleamA:

So all the other makers cars where the enemy, just that simple.

I do like all old muscle cars now, but Mopar is still the one for me!  :2thumbs: Muscle cars I would like to own besides Mopar?  :scratchchin:

A/C Cobra
KR 500 Shelby.

Cuda Ken
I am back

BrianShaughnessy

Being from Detroit...   I've owned Mopar, Chevies,  Pontiacs,  Fords,  Jeeps..   but I'll never own anything made in japan, china, or korea.   Or from a company based in china, japan, or korea.

I'll admit I owned a Triumph TR7 once tho.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

polywideblock

here in Australia we lost Chrysler in 81. so all we had in motor sport was holden(GM) or ford . people chose a side and supported it . the Bathurst endurance race and "king of the mountain" meant everything . could get like and English soccer game  with the two sides squaring off    :scratchchin:

while I now think of myself as a mopar guy I'd still have a HQ Monaro  GTS    or a LH   SL/R 5000 torana

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Cooter

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on January 12, 2014, 12:16:13 PM
Being from Detroit...   I've owned Mopar, Chevies,  Pontiacs,  Fords,  Jeeps..   but I'll never own anything made in japan, china, or korea.   Or from a company based in china, japan, or korea.

I'll admit I owned a Triumph TR7 once tho.

Yet, statements like these tend to amuse me....yet, where do you find US made aftermarket performance parts?
Those Edelbrock heads? Got news for you.....only that 'made in USA' label is made here.
Now, WORLD products?? Got news.....all made overseas. How bout that Stroker set up? Got news....
How bout PROCOMP parts? Got news...all made over seas.

Not to mention where 'we' shop for groceries.....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Sublime/Sixpack

cavemanno1,
Personally, I grew up thinking that each of the Big Three (GM, Ford, and Chrysler) turned out some cool iron back in the day. Of course as I grew older I learned that some people were really closed minded about certain makes.
About the time I became familiar with Mopars I discovered a lot of people around here didn't like Chrysler products at all. They'd bad mouth Mopars even though they had never owned one. How pathetic is that?

Me being a young owner of a new Coronet R/T back then made a point of enlightening these people as to how wrong they were about Chrysler products. I think me being the underdog and setting the record straight back then (so to speak) had a lot to do with me still driving Muscle Mopars to this day. Besides, I just plain love these cars. They're in my blood. :yesnod:

But with that said, I think of myself as being open minded about owning and driving other makes. After all, besides my beloved Mopars I do own a Chevy, Pontiac and AMC.
Even though I'm passionate about the old Mopars, I still can appreciate certain models of other makes. It's the ignorance on the part of others that I have a problem with, not the cars.

And now days it's not just the GM and Ford guys. Recently I've ran into quite a few younger owners of late/current Mopars that feel the need to bad mouth anything that isn't Mopar. Makes me feel like going out and buying the fastest Camaro or Mustang currently made just to open their minds a little.
Friendly rivalry I can see, but bad mouthing other peoples rides for no good reason isn't going to make this old planet a better place to live.

Same thing with motorcycles. I have my preferences but still can appreciate other makes if they are of high quality, good workmanship, good looks, reliable, and are enjoyable to ride.

My Grandma used to say "variety is the spice of life".   So true. :Twocents:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

1974dodgecharger

I have a honda civic...what da problem is... :icon_smile_big:

Mopar Nut

Mopar

or No car period...

I had them all, junk junk more junk.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Aero426

JB400

It's kind of like sports.  It's hard to watch or participate and not pick sides.

69 OUR/TEA

You would think I am brand loyal by looking at my daily cars,all Mopar,00 Durango R/T,03 Caravan,04 Hemi Ram QD,and just bought 13 Charger R/T.Before the Ram,my truck was an 89 Chevy 1500 4x4 350 TBI that I drove to work,plowed with,towed with,etc.Owned it for 15 years,was still pretty clean(I did repaint it),and sold it with 263k on it,still orig eng,front/rear axles,etc.Could not complain about that one !!!!
As far as old collector cars,I have more GM's now than Mopar.There are many other brand collector cars that someday I would like to own,probably won't,but just sayin.
When buying the new Charger,I explored new Buicks,Chevy,couple Ford products,Jeep,and Subaru.The one that came close was the Buick Verano and Regal.But when all done,it had to be somewhat exciting to pull the $$$$$ out of my hands,and the others just didn't do it.At least the Charger has some fun about it. :drive: