News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PUI Interior Complete!

Started by sanders7981, February 05, 2014, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanders7981

It took me a few days, and some bruised and blistered hands, but I finally got the PUI seat covers installed on my old seat frames.  The only. Major complaint I had was the instructions were a little vague on their video and the top of the rear seat was missing the plastic wire needed to secure the top portion of the seat to the frame.  I solved that problem by searching lowes for a resolution... Vinyl coated clothes hanger wire!  Easy fix...  I watched Legendary Auto interiors video to get a better idea about the install.  Not all the components are the same regarding the covers, so I improvised where needed and everything came out fine.  Are they 100% perfect?  No, this was my first time dealing with seat covers and I didn't expect them to come out perfectly wrinkle free, but it's good enough for me... And it didn't cost me an arm and leg for paying someone else to do it!   :coolgleamA:

For those of you that may run into the same issue I had this is what I used for the listing wire.  $6 and some change, Worked perfectly!

JB400

stripedelete

Not bad at all, but, maybe better than you think.   

If you can hold off on installing them until spring, put them out in the driveway on a couple warm sunny days.
That might just take up some of the pucker.

Dino

Quote from: stripedelete on February 05, 2014, 12:20:46 AM
Not bad at all, but, maybe better than you think.   

If you can hold off on installing them until spring, put them out in the driveway on a couple warm sunny days.
That might just take up some of the pucker.

I was thinking the same thing.  Give them some time in the sun and you'll see them smooth out real nice.

Good job btw!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

Very nice.  There is a high degree of satisfaction with interior too isn't there? :yesnod:

Mopar Nut

Are you going to install the buttons?  I think I like them without now after seeing yours.

Good job!   :2thumbs:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

twodko

Damn good job I think. Some time it the sun is a good idea to. If you wanted to tighten things up a but where the upholstery is slack that's the time to do it when it's soft and pliable.

I don't know if PUI buttons are the same as the ones used by Legendary but a couple of the ones that came with my
Legendary kit have popped off.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Mopar Nut on February 05, 2014, 10:20:06 AM
Are you going to install the buttons?  I think I like them without now after seeing yours.

:scope:  where are the buttons?

Also while the seats are out its a good time to put in the seat belt buckle retainers....easier to find the holes for the screws while they are out :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

sanders7981

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 05, 2014, 08:10:40 PM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on February 05, 2014, 10:20:06 AM

:scope:  where are the buttons?

Also while the seats are out its a good time to put in the seat belt buckle retainers....easier to find the holes for the screws while they are out :Twocents:

Thanks everyone!  I not sure if I can wait for the sun and warm weather to put them in.  I am kind of on a time crunch and expecting orders this summer.  Would heating them up with a heat gun do the same?  Or could I just leave it parked out in the sun when it warms up? 

Buttons... I purposely did not install them.  Altogether I have PUI, I had heard about them popping off the legendary seats, and did not want to deal with replacing them if that happened to mine.  So I opted to leave them off... For now. 

I need to figure out what I am going to do regarding seat belts.  I have an original set, but they are in need of cleaning and will have to be dyed.  I think I will end up getting a new three point conversion to put in though.

twodko

Oh Lordy NO HEAT GUN! I think sitting out in the sun would work just fine.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

sanders7981

Quote from: twodko on February 05, 2014, 10:12:47 PM
Oh Lordy NO HEAT GUN! I think sitting out in the sun would work just fine.

Noted!!  No heat guns!!  Thanks. 

Dino

Heat guns are way too aggressive and it doesn't take much to go uh-oh.  A hair dryer on the other hand can help you out.  Just keep the sucker moving.  If it's too hot for your skin, it's too hot for the seats.

You can set them behind glass in the sun or simply in the car.  As long as the seat covers get nice and warm they will smooth out.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.