News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

$10,000

Started by Chargerfan77, January 10, 2014, 07:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargerfan77

Hey all! I'm thinking about going the loan route for me a Charger sometime, when I get our car payed off. The loan route is about the only way I'll ever be able to, I think. What would $10,000 get me? Reason I ask that is, that's about how much our car is. Just wondering.

hemihead

I would think what Gen you want . 1st or 3rd you get a better car for $10000 than a 2nd .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Chargerfan77

Oh....I like 2nd gens.

Tilar

Then you probably want to double that and hope it's at least a driver.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Homerr

Are you looking for a driver or a project?  

That will get you a decent project..... but a driver is a very long shot.

Watch your local craigslist for a while for prices.  Probably better to save your pennies for now, join a local club, get some leads on an unadvertised car.

Ghoste

Agreed, I don`t want to rain on the idea but it`s a little short if you want something better than a project.

myk

Multiply that number times 4 and you just might have something on your hands that requires a minimal amount of work.  If you're looking for a "project" that won't see you eating your own gun, then plan on spending that number times 2. 

ws23rt

What I was going to say has been said already. So I agree 10K is a good start on a project but finishing a project doesn't just happen for free. Your time discounted.

Cooter

I've proven that $150.00 2nd gen Chargers do exists today.
I've proven to restore said Charger don't take 'ignant' money if your willing to learn, get dity, and are patient.
I've proven that $15k 2nd gen Chargers in driver cond. Do exist....

If none of these apply to you, lube up.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

ws23rt

Quote from: Cooter on January 10, 2014, 08:46:05 PM
I've proven to restore said Charger don't take 'ignant' money if your willing to learn, get dity, and are patient.

If none of these apply to you, lube up.

:rofl:---You are referring to rear end lube I suspect.

Chargerfan77

Quote from: Homerr on January 10, 2014, 08:20:39 PM
Are you looking for a driver or a project?  

That will get you a decent project..... but a driver is a very long shot.

Watch your local craigslist for a while for prices.  Probably better to save your pennies for now, join a local club, get some leads on an unadvertised car.

Project.

Patronus

you could get a nice paint job
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

nvrbdn

Quote from: Cooter on January 10, 2014, 08:46:05 PM

yep, i agree.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

RGA

$150.00 charger 2nd gen.
You must have put decibel in the wrong place

ws23rt

He didn't type that loudly  :shruggy:

JB400

Quote from: RGA on January 10, 2014, 11:06:23 PM
$150.00 charger 2nd gen.

He put it in the right place.  Just look in places that aren't exposed to the musclecar envy.  You can get decent cars here and there.  You just have to look and be patient.  Cheap projects can still be found if you take the back roads and rarely visited one horse towns.  It's a long shot for sure, but still a shot.

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

stripedelete

Quote from: RGA on January 10, 2014, 11:06:23 PM
$150.00 charger 2nd gen.

No.  You just need to use Cooter's time machine.  :icon_smile_big:

Cooter

"Before and after pics" thread....(my pics)

Of course, nobody is willing to go through the work it takes these days, but they are out there.
Anybody seen "Baldwin's" Charger with amnesia build?
They are out there. Everybody wants the rust free, do very little work to, and all it needs is the fun sh*t done cars..
Well, your ass is gonna pay for that.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1974dodgecharger

In what year did u get a 150 dollar 2nd gen charger cooter.  I know of the road kill show he traded his heads for that charger.

Cooter

Baldwinvette77

I had the chance to buy a Rusty R/T 70 for 500$ from an old lady, we agreed to it, but some collector offered her 1500$ and took it home, she did offer me a 72 challenger for 1000$ but i wanted a charger (this was 2011)

Cooter

Bottom line is, they are out there if your willing to work your ass off.
However, today, everybody wants what I refer to as the 'model car' type project. Everythings there, very little to no rust, all they have to do is assemble it and call it a resto.
I call BS. You didn't restore sh*t, all you did was reasemble a car.
Bring one back from the scrapper and you can use the term restored.

hemihead

I'm am more than willing and able to do all the work a project needs myself . But in my experience I find a project that is a basket case and I run into people that tell me " it's not for sale " or " I saw it on TV and it's worth ... " . These days you would have to find a one horse town that doesn't have TV or the Internet and that isn't going to happen . I don't mind paying a fair price for a project in equal condition to said price but but some of these prices are downright unrealistic . I've seen uni - bodies they've pulled out of junkyards ( you can tell because they have no title ) that are picked clean and they are asking $5000 to $ 7000 for . People want $6000 just for big 75 4 door C Bodies just because " it's an old car " and I saw that auction on TV . The entire hobby is become very expensive with lots of greedy people out there . Sure , I bet there are deals out there but the last deal I found was in 2001 when I paid $1200 for my 73 and I bought it non running and in pieces .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin