News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another Dealer Destroyed Camaro

Started by JB400, January 10, 2014, 05:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

As stated....if you don't want your 'baby' beat on by local grade A screw ups, best learn how to fix it yourself. Time to get dirty dishpan hands....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

rt green

I would never do that to a customers car. its just not right and I need the job.
third string oil changer

Cooter

Quote from: rt green on January 12, 2014, 08:38:22 PM
I would never do that to a customers car. its just not right and I need the job.

See, the REAL problem isn't your ethics, it's the fact that a majority of mechanics are either drug dealers, addicts, or drunken idiots...
As hard as i work  to crush this stereotype, the fact is, these types work cheaper than you and I and far out number us....

I am at a VERY WELL KNOWN tranny shop right now and there's two guys in the shop that go out back and smoke a bowl in order to work.
I see this everyday and deplore it. Whaddya gonna do?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Cooter on January 12, 2014, 08:58:43 PM
Quote from: rt green on January 12, 2014, 08:38:22 PM

See, the REAL problem isn't your ethics, it's the fact that a majority of mechanics are either drug dealers, addicts, or drunken idiots...
As hard as i work  to crush this stereotype, the fact is, these types work cheaper than you and I and far out number us....

I am at a VERY WELL KNOWN tranny shop right now and there's two guys in the shop that go out back and smoke a bowl in order to work.
I see this everyday and deplore it. Whaddya gonna do?

cooter keeping it real..... :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Thats an epidemic throughout the North American workforce.  But lets legalize it because its harmless.

wingcar

These stories remind me of an "incident" that accrued while I was working at a big box store in California many years ago in my youth that had an auto service center.  The mechanic that did brakes jobs loved to test his finished work by taking the customers car behind the store (by the loading dock) where he would accelerate to high speed then hit the brakes.   You can guess what happened...one day he took out the big dumpster behind the store, not to mention the front end of the customer's car.   Needless to say his employment ended that day and the store was on the hook for a very expensive repair job...done by the way at a different garage.  (This was also the some garage that installed a pop-up sunroof on a really nice Pontiac Trans-Am...several inches to far to the right.....bet that cost them a pretty penny to correct). 
Moral:  A penny saved is not necessarily a penny saved in some cases, but many additional dollars spent....  :Twocents:         
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Mike DC

QuoteThats an epidemic throughout the North American workforce.  But lets legalize it because its harmless.

Legalizing alcohol didn't make it acceptable to be drunk on the job. 

myk

JB400

That doesn't surprise me much.  It's something new to talk about besides which shade of red looks best and do these stripes make me look fat?

Cooter

Quote from: myk on January 13, 2014, 10:34:44 PM
Wow, that situation has garnered a lot of attention; it's up to 50 pages on Camaro5.com...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?s=2af1be0a3b5c29c35a3ec4ea70501c91&t=333504&page=53
LMFAO!!!

I like how this makes a good point I tried to make once.... I love how dude says "we never expected this to take on a life of it's own"....
Yet, they put it out over the interweb? And never expected anybody to reply......uh huh....

Ghoste

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 13, 2014, 09:53:41 PM
QuoteThats an epidemic throughout the North American workforce.  But lets legalize it because its harmless.

Legalizing alcohol didn't make it acceptable to be drunk on the job. 

You're right of course.  Lets legalize everything and save money on policing.  He wasn't talking about drunks on the job he was talking about guys thinking its okay to smoke up at work and my experience is that a LOT of people think it is okay to smoke up at work.  People do pot on the job that would say it isn't right to be drunk at work.  I've heard the comment about its okay to drive stoned but not drunk that it makes me roll my eyes at the stupidity of it.  There has been a huge push to legalize it because its so harmless, I'm not against it but don't pursue the folly that its harmless so it might as well be legal.  If these guys thinkits ok to be stoned now when its illegal and its being legalized because its so harmless, do you think for a second they'll begin coming to work straight?

myk

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 14, 2014, 12:01:03 AM
That doesn't surprise me much.  It's something new to talk about besides which shade of red looks best and do these stripes make me look fat?

Doesn't surprise me either, but that's because the situation is a nightmare and brings up a lot of questions.  Many of us have valuable machines that even the best of us DIY'ers have to entrust into the care of others, from time to time.  What happens when the worst imaginable scenario like this one on Camaro 5 happens?  Easy to say "lawyer up" or "call the cops" or "grab the 12 gauge," but what will REALLY happen in a situation like that where someone with limited means finally affords their dream machine, has it taken away by the foolishness of others, then has to sit and watch while everyone passes the buck around and they're left on the streets without a car? 

Cooter

Myk, time to become friends with a tech. A good one too no matter how much of a peckerhead you may think he/she is.....
Problem solved.

myk

Quote from: Cooter on January 15, 2014, 06:22:17 AM
Myk, time to become friends with a tech. A good one too no matter how much of a peckerhead you may think he/she is.....
Problem solved.

I've been lucky in that so far, I've been able to deal with repairs myself.  There is ONE shop in all of San Diego that I trust; they're expensive but I won't go anywhere else...

68X426

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 16, 2014, 01:00:38 AM
Looks like the owner's getting a new car
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/15/wrecked-camaro-zl1-new-replacement/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000588

Strange resolution however. He's buying the new car, and it's unclear if the dealer or the dealer's insurance is part of the deal. Weird.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Mike DC

QuoteYou're right of course.  Lets legalize everything and save money on policing.  He wasn't talking about drunks on the job he was talking about guys thinking its okay to smoke up at work and my experience is that a LOT of people think it is okay to smoke up at work.  People do pot on the job that would say it isn't right to be drunk at work.  I've heard the comment about its okay to drive stoned but not drunk that it makes me roll my eyes at the stupidity of it.  There has been a huge push to legalize it because its so harmless, I'm not against it but don't pursue the folly that its harmless so it might as well be legal.  If these guys thinkits ok to be stoned now when its illegal and its being legalized because its so harmless, do you think for a second they'll begin coming to work straight?

Pot isn't harmless.  Its just a lot less harmful than the legal system has come to treat it in recent decades.  

And since the USA is morally opposed to doing anything in moderation, we view this as a choice between either punishing pot like rape & murder or else legalizing it entirely.  We cannot fathom the concept of any de-criminalization steps in between the two extremes, even if it was our own previous position just a few decades back.

Ghoste

That lack of moderation occurs in the users doing it up at work as well. (maybe just my personal experience though)