News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

harness fuse block doesnt fit.. opinions

Started by tom-cat, January 04, 2014, 05:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom-cat

i know its been awhile since my last post but im getting back to it now i have a painless block that im trying to install and i got it to fit on the inside fire wall but i went to put my evaperator on and it wont fit due to size of the fuse block any ideas

A383Wing

now do you realize why these are called "Pain-in-the-Ass" wiring harness's??  I have always hated these kits

yer probably gonna have to enlarge the hole in the firewall just enough to make it fit

Mopar Nut

Quote from: A383Wing on January 04, 2014, 05:58:18 PM
now do you realize why these are called "Pain-in-the-Ass" wiring harness's??  I have always hated these kits

yer probably gonna have to enlarge the hole in the firewall just enough to make it fit

:iagree:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Ghoste

tom-cat

myk

Well, it's an aftermarket piece.  You can be 100% sure that Painless-wiring didn't design their fuse block to fit into the exact location of the crappy stock bulkhead connectors.  If originality is important to you then consider investing in OEM style wire harnesses.  If not, then do what I did and mount the Painless-box somewhere else, like inside of the passenger compartment, and secure it under the dash.  Pain removed...

Dino

That whole thing is supposed to fit in the stock bulkhead location?  I don't think so.  I can barely stick my hand between the bulkhead piece and the heater box it's so tight.

What does painless suggest to do?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

tom-cat