News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Saw this on my local Craigslist

Started by 69bronzeT5, January 08, 2014, 02:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Can't blame a guy for trying I guess.... :lol:

"im looking for a 1969/1970 Plymouth Superbird or Dodge Daytona. i cant afford anything fancy since im 15. i would prefer a fixer upper. if you have anything send me an email."

http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/wan/4218794916.html
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

JB400

C_stripes

I have a hot wheels project I'll sell him.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

pettybird

He's looking for Plymouth Superbird *of* Dodge Daytona.  It's kind of like Arthur, King of the Britons. 

FJMG

If the author of the ad is indeed 15 then that is surprising, i do not see too many in that age bracket interested in 40 yr. old cars.

hemi68charger

Quote from: FJMG on January 08, 2014, 10:08:41 AM
If the author of the ad is indeed 15 then that is surprising, i do not see too many in that age bracket interested in 40 yr. old cars.

With movies like "Cars" and "Fast and Furious", the wings are getting exposed............. I hope it is a 15 year old....... Means that initiative is still alive and well with the younger generation............ Wishful thinking..............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

I hope he doesn't get a lot of smartass replies that crush that dream if he is 15.

70Sbird

I also hope it is actually a kid, with some interest, we need all of the young enthusiasm we can get!

However, since he obviously has internet access and likely more than 15 minutes of web browsing time he should know a bit about the "value" of a wingcar if he is really looking to acquire one, but i suppose it never hurts to try

Scott Faulkner

ACUDANUT

I guess he has no idea of their value.  ""im looking for a 1969/1970 Plymouth Superbird or Dodge Daytona. i cant afford anything fancy since im 15. i would prefer a fixer upper. if you have anything send me an email."
LOL

Ghoste

If he is that old, he hasn't heard no enough yet to stop that glimmering hope of maybe.

wingcar

We all dream...some just have bigger dreams than others.
(Like my dream of owning a Lear jet when all I can afford is a Piper....but the dream will never die)

Best of luck to him: you never know, he could just be the one to find one of those "barn finds".  And, if he keeps up his dream, he will be the future of the hobby.
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

odcics2

Well, there is at least ONE guy interested in our old iron!

And how many more guys need to get interested, as we all croak off?     :smilielol:

Being he wants a "fixer-upper" he has a clue of worth, IMO.   :Twocents:

Perhaps someone will see it and just give him one!   :o
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Baldwinvette77

maybe someone here should offer up an old parts car, satellite or charger  :slap:

marshallfry01

This got me to thinking.... What will the Daytona/super birds be worth in say 30 years or so? I just hope they stay well preserved. I'd love to have one, and I think that their value will decrease by then. But who knows. I'm 19 so maybe I can get one before I kick the bucket. Surely they will always be worth something though.... Just like when people that bought the daytonas in 69 that paid 5k for them. Now they are worth 120k+
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Lord Warlock

nahhhh crush his dreams of grandeur, sounds like a clueless youth of today.  You'd think that someone with an interest in a superbird or daytona would do a little research and know what they cost.  Its like a few other teenagers i know of, who think they deserve something for nothing. 

I'd feel differently if it was someone a little older...as in old enough to drive, and already was aware of their rarity but was enrolled in auto mechanics school or body shop school and was willing to take a basket case and build it back from scratch.  At least then I could respect his tenacity and will to build his dream out of nothing. 

Our cars will always be desired by someone, I'm not worried about the younger generation, if they don't want original muscle cars, they'll want the newer current generation of muscle cars.  Every time i drive my new challenger I see the eyes of kids light up as i pass by, which tells me mopars will live on in the dreams of the young, and they'll want to own a piece of the treasured past, no matter what it costs.  Just like we did.  Took me 30 years to afford to build a car the way I wanted, or buy a new car instead of an older one.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

wingcar

In my mind it's not so much a matter of whether or not there will be younger people that will want one of our older musclecar....but a matter of whether the youth of tomorrow will be willing to invest the time (and money) to restore one (or keep it in running order).  As that is a huge part of the ownership experience.  I am sure most would love to own and drive one, but do they have enough interest to work towards a dream today in order to drive that dream tomorrow.  Most seem to want everything "right now"...and as most of us learned... with an older musclecar, it doesn't always work out that way.
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Ghoste

So true, its not the price of admission its the cost to stay.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 08, 2014, 10:51:11 AM

With movies like "Cars" and "Fast and Furious", the wings are getting exposed............. I hope it is a 15 year old....... Means that initiative is still alive and well with the younger generation............ Wishful thinking..............

Troy, your 100% correct!  There's a clone project in IN right now for $15k.

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on January 10, 2014, 11:32:56 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on January 08, 2014, 10:51:11 AM

Ill take that clone project lol......our cars are timeless.....nuff said.
Troy, your 100% correct!  There's a clone project in IN right now for $15k.

pettybird

Quote from: Ghoste on January 10, 2014, 09:36:32 AM
So true, its not the price of admission its the cost to stay.

as someone who has older Porsches and a BMW at home, I'm going to strongly disagree with saying there are high maintenance costs with a muscle car. 

Baldwinvette77

I emailed him, him and his dad will look for a real wing car first, but will resort to a clone as plan B... which makes sense, logically you would look for whatcha want first, but if you can't get it, do the next best thing  :yesnod:

Lord Warlock

depends on what you consider high maintenance costs, if you keep it in running order, its costs really aren't that expensive overall, but if you have to rebuild one from rust or drivetrain failure, things can add up quickly.  I still haven't spent anywhere close to the amounts i spent on newer cars getting the charger roadworthy, it just seems to be taking longer than I expected as there are only so many hours I can work on it each week.  I had to take a week off from working on it this week to let an elbow injury heal, tore a muscle in the elbow trying to loosen a bolt holding the front brake caliper on, been hurting a month finally stopped using it last week.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

ACUDANUT

The kid must have just watched "cars" or maybe F&F#6.  :smilielol:

Ghoste

I hope he keeps the dream and gets one.

F8-4life

If he really appreciated the car he thinks he wants he would have more knowledge on wing cars & know how stupid his request is.
The kid is clueless & embarrassing himself.