News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bad Car Show Signs

Started by Aero426, January 02, 2014, 11:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on January 12, 2014, 01:24:53 AM

And if they're going to open the hood do it just enough so people can see what's there and the condition of the engine bay. Cars really do display better with the hood down.

:iagree:

ODZKing

Hoods are generally opened so the car will be judged.  All the actual shows I go to, if the hood isn't open the car won't be judged.
But at a cruise in, I agree closed or open a bit.

Ghoste

Maybe points should be deducted at judged shows for bad signs or cry babies?

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: ODZKing on January 12, 2014, 02:15:21 PM
Hoods are generally opened so the car will be judged.  All the actual shows I go to, if the hood isn't open the car won't be judged.
But at a cruise in, I agree closed or open a bit.

Yes, and that's why many owners open the hood, trunk, console, glove box and doors as far as they'll go, plus place mirrors on the ground, put up signs and display stuffed animals, cry-baby dolls, and previously won trophies. They want to have the best possible chance of being awarded a junky dust collecting piece of plastic trophy that makes them feel special.

Don't get me wrong, it's always nice to WIN, but wouldn't it be nice if we all attended car shows just to have a good time, and not to bag another award.   :Twocents:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Ghoste

Thats the only reason I go.

A383Wing

Quote from: Ghoste on January 12, 2014, 03:12:59 PM
Thats the only reason I go.

me too, that's why i leave my hoods down....if someone wants to see something under there, I'll open it up, let them look, and then close it again

I mainly go to see my friends at the shows anyway....the car just gets me there

Ghoste

Me too.  I'll wander around and look at the cars but I mostly just go to hang out and tell lies.  When I want to enter the car in something competitive I take it to a drag strip.

Cooter

Yet I've yet to see a Hemi car with the hood shut....be it cruise night, or show....
I think the reason I think hoods are opened is to show off as nature intended car cruises to be...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bill440rt

Nearly all cars at cruise night/car shows around here have hoods up. Sometimes, the engine IS the starting point of conversation.
Every concours de elegance shows I've attended it was a requirement to display the car with the hood DOWN. Cars are displayed more as an art form than to show off a performance standpoint.
The cars DO present themselves better with the hood closed, though.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: bill440rt on January 12, 2014, 08:46:29 PM
Nearly all cars at cruise night/car shows around here have hoods up. Sometimes, the engine IS the starting point of conversation.
Every concours de elegance shows I've attended it was a requirement to display the car with the hood DOWN. Cars are displayed more as an art form than to show off a performance standpoint.
The cars DO present themselves better with the hood closed, though.  :yesnod:

I rather keep my hood close so no one needs to comment about my wiring issues all over the place or too much wiring going on since I have a sound system 0 guage to battery setup.

J.Bond

Leaving your hood closed at a show, is like a woman, leaving her panties on, once there off , you have seen everything :lol:

imagination is a wonderful thing.......

Ghoste

On the other hand, sometimes thats just more exciting.

myk

Quote from: Ghoste on January 13, 2014, 07:29:58 AM
On the other hand, sometimes thats just more exciting.

Agreed.  Nothing is more exciting than full exposure, be it on cars or the sweeter gender...

Ghoste

So long as that orchid isn't wilted.  :icon_smile_wink: