News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DID I SEE A VENDOR THAT SELLS DOOR GLASS SO VENT FRAME CAN BE DELETED

Started by daytonalo, January 17, 2015, 10:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

I always disliked the look of the vent frame , gm removed them on the 69 model year , unfortunately we had to live with them until 71 . I could have sworn I have seen a vendor making/ selling door glass for Daytona / charger\

Larry   

Ghoste

I don't recall a vendor but they did away with it in the Drive Angry Charger, I think its just a sheet of Lexan in there, could you be thinking of that one?

ACUDANUT

Quote from: daytonalo on January 17, 2015, 10:17:56 AM
I always disliked the look of the vent frame , gm removed them on the 69 model year , unfortunately we had to live with them until 71 . I could have sworn I have seen a vendor making/ selling door glass for Daytona / charger\

Larry   

I like them and their looks and function.

Daytona R/T SE

I believe this is discussed in Stevarino's SRT 8 Daytona clone thread. :Twocents:

ACUDANUT

Daytona, Off topic.  How is your "Daytona" fake when does not have a wing or nose or even resemble a Daytona. (back glass excluded)

A383Wing

The Firebird in '68 did not have vent glass...and I thought somewhere I read that a Buick Regal glass would fit in complete after vent frame was taken out?

Stevearino

The glass I ended up getting was left over from the glass used to make the cars for "Drive Angry" and "Fast and Furious". They built about 10 cars total for both movies and Lee at Alan Auto Glass did the conversion using laminated glass which they custom cut and curved. They worked well for my project. While I did a power window set up I believe Lee told me they used a mid 80's Buick Regal window regulator set up to do their conversions.
I started my project with shaped Lexan windows that proved to be too flimsy. After I got the laminated glass I ran into a vendor at the Auto Fair in Charlotte,N.C. who was out of Georgia who told me he could have made me some tempered glass for about $1000.00 per window. The laminated glass seems pretty sturdy though. Time will tell how durable it is.

Alan Auto Glass
            2121 Kenmere Ave.
            Burbank, Ca. 91504
            (818) 845-7300

richRTSE

daytonalo

Its the base for my next Daytona. OK  cupcake ?

Thanks for the link for the glass , too much $

ACUDANUT

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 17, 2015, 12:46:57 PM
Daytona, Off topic.  How is your "Daytona" fake when does not have a wing or nose or even resemble a Daytona. (back glass excluded)

If you're talking to me...

It ain't done yet.  ::)

Stevearino

[

Thanks for the link for the glass , too much $
[/quote]

The laminated glass from Alan Auto Glass was $500.00 per panel.
Also just so you know it was an extremely aggravating mod to do even with the outer skin off the door (alignment, travel path, orientation to the seals) Not plug and play at all.

odcics2

Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go ?   

I don't remember who said that years ago, but it's true!   :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Stevearino

Quote from: odcics2 on January 18, 2015, 10:54:45 AM
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go ?   

I don't remember who said that years ago, but it's true!   :Twocents:

Does that hold true if you just want to be stylish? :lol:

daytonalo

I would want a tempered part , leave the laminated for a 55 chevy