News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tyre size

Started by spud, January 03, 2014, 05:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spud

Need a bit of advise, got myself a set of 15 x 7 wheels for Xmas for my 69 charger restoration but want to know what size tyres you guys recommend,

Looking at using BF Goodrich Radial T/A but what size?

XH29N0G

It really depends upon your taste.  Take a look at some of the pages on here such as:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,63191.0.html

I think 15 x7 will take something up to 255 60.

I put on 245/15 60 front and 275 15 60 rear (on 15 x8) and am thinking about dropping the rear size back to 255's 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

spud

Thanks XH29N0G, had a look through that thread very interesting

Dino

255 would be the biggest I'd put on those as well and it'll look good on all 4 corners!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

spud

Quote from: Dino on January 04, 2014, 02:17:22 PM
255 would be the biggest I'd put on those as well and it'll look good on all 4 corners!
Thanks, would that be front & rear?

Dino

Quote from: spud on January 04, 2014, 04:54:18 PM
Quote from: Dino on January 04, 2014, 02:17:22 PM
Thanks, would that be front & rear?

You could.  Several members here run those.  You can also get anywhere from a 215 to a 245 wide for the fronts to have a different look with the taller and wider rears.  It all depends on what you like.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

spud

I want the car to sit level so I think I would have the same height but wider rear tyres