News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

puckett dies at 45!!!

Started by The Ghoul, March 07, 2006, 12:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghoul

700HPCharger

To bad, he was the Twins when he played.

greenpigs

Sounds like he used steroids or some other nasty enhancer. 45 is way young for a stroke and any heart related death at his age is usually drug related...not allways.

Still sad that he died so young
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

ramit

I do not think he was using any sort of steroids or anything because over the last few years he became majorly over weight and out of shape. It is sad to see a guy like him die so young though.  Whe you think of the twins world series you think of kirby puckett.

Orange_Crush

Quote from: ramit on March 07, 2006, 10:03:13 AM
I do not think he was using any sort of steroids or anything because over the last few years he became majorly over weight and out of shape. It is sad to see a guy like him die so young though. 

That's symptomatic of steroid use.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

HAZZARDJOHN

Been watching the coverage all day. I knew it was bad when they weren't updating his condition on the news.

He was such an important part of my childhood. I was 6 during the 87 world series and I got the pleasure of going to one of the series games. I Idolized Kirby. He was Minnesota's golden boy!

My uncle owns a house across the lake from his former residence in St. Croix falls WI. We use to see him and his son fishing all the time. I even got him to autograph my tackle box, One of the nicest guys I have ever met. I think I need to watch My 91 world series Highlight tape, just to remember the feeling I had when you watch him play.

Nothing excited a young Kid like hearing that announcer say in a loud voice, "KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBBBBY PUCKET!"

I was in awe of him in 95 when he retired and I realized that the Twins would never be the same team again. I was unsure of who to root for after he left. I was so proud when he got inducted into the Hall of fame. I watched it on the news and still have it on tape.

I'll pray for him and his family!

R.I.P. The Puck! :sad: You will be missed!

~HJ

http://www.startribune.com/kirby

p.s. Kirby was what baseball was all about, Family! I personally don't think he used steroids, but lets focus on the differences he made in people's lives,  not in his personal demons! ;)
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

Blown70

Quote from: Orange_Crush on March 07, 2006, 10:08:24 AM
I do not think he was using any sort of steroids or anything because over the last few years he became majorly over weight and out of shape. It is sad to see a guy like him die so young though. 

Not always bub.

Second the guy was over 75+ overweight,  that is more of a risk factor.

Tom

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Blown70 on March 07, 2006, 11:29:16 AM
Quote from: Orange_Crush on March 07, 2006, 10:08:24 AM

Not always bub.

Second the guy was over 75+ overweight,  that is more of a risk factor.

Tom

Not always...but often.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: HAZZARDJOHN on March 07, 2006, 10:44:30 AM

Been watching the coverage all day. I knew it was bad when they weren't updating his condition on the news.

He was such an important part of my childhood. I was 6 during the 87 world series and I got the pleasure of going to one of the series games. I Idolized Kirby. He was Minnesota's golden boy!

My uncle owns a house across the lake from his former residence in St. Croix falls WI. We use to see him and his son fishing all the time. I even got him to autograph my tackle box, One of the nicest guys I have ever met. I think I need to watch My 91 world series Highlight tape, just to remember the feeling I had when you watch him play.

Nothing excited a young Kid like hearing that announcer say in a loud voice, "KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBBBBY PUCKET!"

I was in awe of him in 95 when he retired and I realized that the Twins would never be the same team again. I was unsure of who to root for after he left. I was so proud when he got inducted into the Hall of fame. I watched it on the news and still have it on tape.

I'll pray for him and his family!

R.I.P. The Puck! :sad: You will be missed!

~HJ

http://www.startribune.com/kirby

p.s. Kirby was what baseball was all about, Family! I personally don't think he used steroids, but lets focus on the differences he made in people's lives,  not in his personal demons! ;)

Man, I could have written that, except I was 5, not 6, when they won the 87 series.  My grandparents lived by him in Edina, and I remember driving by his house and just being in awe that THE kirby puckett actually lived there.  Of course I collected all his baseball cards.

And I highly doubt that he was doing roids.  Why?  He was never a power hitter - he was a contact hitter who would get on base batting 3rd, but his homerun and RBI numbers are not very high.  Also, he's always been heavy.  He has the frame for it.  But he got super overweight when he had to retire, and I'm not terribly surprised because those years had to be hell for him.  He literally woke up one day and found himself blind in one eye and forced out of the game that he loved.  Then some bitch tried to take advantage of him by accusing him of groping; he was cleared of all charges of course, but that's tough stuff to take in such a vulnerable part of your life.  The temptation to let yourself go would be huge then, and I would bet good money that it had nothing to do with roids. 

But anyway, I'll never forget waving the homer hanky during his game 6 heroics against the Braves.  The man was just a phenomenal ballplayer and a good guy who didn't deserve to die so young.

dkn1997

trajic story of a career ended in it's prime. some guys just cannot cope with life after [insert name]   pick your poisen, Sports star, Army ranger, Cop, whatever.  Once some people retire, they just cannot deal with being a "regular" joe.  Especially when their careers were ones that involved high stakes and risk.
RECHRGED