News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you define your Charger or does it you

Started by Ghoste, January 03, 2014, 11:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does your Charger define how people think of you?

Yep, well known as the Charger guy
25 (50%)
No, it's a car and I am known by my name
10 (20%)
Dude, pass that bong
15 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 49

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on January 05, 2014, 11:14:58 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 05, 2014, 02:18:28 AM
Quote from: TUFCAT on January 03, 2014, 10:39:10 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 03, 2014, 06:23:25 PM
Both

... has anyone actually seen your car?  Do you even have a car?  Are you really human? :D
Maybe you should look in the mirror before you start pointing others out :yesnod:

I've seen his car.  :shruggy:
I believe he's criticizing me because I haven't done anything to my car worth posting about.  Just another quick jab is all it amounts to. :poke:

TUFCAT

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 05, 2014, 11:41:33 AM
I believe he's criticizing me because I haven't done anything to my car worth posting about.  Just another quick jab is all it amounts to. :poke:

Actually, its because nobody's seen your car. :icon_smile_wink:

Fred

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 05, 2014, 07:43:06 PM
I believe he's criticizing me because I haven't done anything to my car worth posting about.  Just another quick jab is all it amounts to. :poke:

Well that's not entirely true. I did see it posted up once all be it very briefly.  :yesnod:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 05, 2014, 07:43:06 PM

I saw it once tuffcat its a  complete rust bucket (nothing wrong with that we start somewhere) and he is gathering parts to get it together, but in my opinion who cares if its rusted or not at least show it to people because it gets you motivated further to get it going.

You would think though with all of Strokers knowledge and advice he has given people on the board that he would have one up and running, but far from it.
SO STROKER, GET IT RUNNING!!!!!

69wannabe

I still haven't figured out how to post any pic's. Gonna try photo bucket and see if that will work. I always get asked how's the charger doing or you still got the dodge???? Most people know me as the mopar guy or the jeep guy since all the daily drivers we have are jeep cherokee's or grand cherokee's!! The charger stays parked most of the time since I drive a company van all week to work and mostly drive one of the jeeps on the weekends. The weather is so bad here lately have only had it out once in the last few weeks.

myk

Quote from: 69wannabe on January 05, 2014, 09:24:22 PM
I still haven't figured out how to post any pic's. Gonna try photo bucket and see if that will work. I always get asked how's the charger doing or you still got the dodge???? Most people know me as the mopar guy or the jeep guy since all the daily drivers we have are jeep cherokee's or grand cherokee's!! The charger stays parked most of the time since I drive a company van all week to work and mostly drive one of the jeeps on the weekends. The weather is so bad here lately have only had it out once in the last few weeks.

Don't be too hard on yourself.  The weather in San Diego is exemplary all year long and my Charger usually experiences that perfection under a car cover...

69wannabe

Quote from: myk on January 06, 2014, 01:02:42 AM
Quote from: 69wannabe on January 05, 2014, 09:24:22 PM

Don't be too hard on yourself.  The weather in San Diego is exemplary all year long and my Charger usually experiences that perfection under a car cover...

I know how you feel!!! It hasn't done nothing but rain here since late 2012 it seems. I don't have a paved driveway so unless it dry I don't move the charger out of the shop!! I really need a couple of loads of gravel and hopefully in a month or two I can afford to get some hauled in here!! That will make it some better anyway. Here lately if it isn't raining here the temps are in the teens and single digits. Yukk!!

69_500

Not sure how to answer this question. Can there be another answer like say a whole segment defines me? Guess I am more known at car shows as "the Charger 500 guy". More than I am known by name Danny. Then again I am not sure if I get called that because of my 500 or because I am bit of a freak about them as a whole, as well as Daytona's.

Will leave it up to Ghoste to decide.

Baldwinvette77

I wanna see strokers car, it can't be any worse than i what i got  :lol:  :cheers:

Cooter

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on January 13, 2014, 07:30:46 PM
I wanna see strokers car, it can't be any worse than i what i got  :lol:  :cheers:
Its posted here, and its not.....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Baldwinvette77

Dreamcar

A&B for now, but it depends on how you see things and who you are (acquaintance, neighbor, friend, or family).

I have a beautiful wife and two amazing young children (ages 1 and 3). I have a desk job, wear dress shirts and dress pants every day to work, and live in a newer middle-class neighborhood. So that pretty much paints certain picture of me (some would say very boring, but to each his/her own) for my neighbors and co-workers. 98% of the time, this is likely the image that people have so the car doesn't define me at all, IMO. Only those people really close to me know that I love cars, particularly 69 Chargers. They already know that my love of cars, specially older ones, does somewhat define me. 

For those that venture out at night in the summer will see my garage door open, and me in the process of rebuilding my very dusty, multi-colored, very dismantled, 69 Charger with no interior. I'm usually just wearing old stained jeans and a t-shirt. So, I would say that the car, in that situation, is playing a part in defining me (a guy who loves old cars) for those that don't quite know me personally.

When the car is done (someday), I would say that it'll have more of an influence defining me as it will be visible (and heard  :icon_smile_big:) by most people who don't know me personally.

"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Tilar

Quote from: Ghoste on January 04, 2014, 08:50:45 PM
Cute?  She is way past cute my friend.  :yesnod:

lol, that reminds me of the time my son showed me a picture of a girlfriend he had when he was somewhere around 14. I mentioned that she was cute, His reply: "Puppies are cute, my girlfriend is fine!"  :smilielol:

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ghoste

PlainfieldCharger

For me, I think it is the circle you run in. I was restoring some Pin Ball machines. Really liked it but didn't seem to fit in with that group...Needed more power..found this site and the rest is history.. maybe soon I will be know as PlainfieldCharger..to this group but what happens when I get another b body...lets say a 70 Super Bee.. :shruggy: