News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you define your Charger or does it you

Started by Ghoste, January 03, 2014, 11:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does your Charger define how people think of you?

Yep, well known as the Charger guy
25 (50%)
No, it's a car and I am known by my name
10 (20%)
Dude, pass that bong
15 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Ghoste

So do people not even know your name but recognize for the car or do they know the car but have no idea who owns it?

Dino

A bit of A and B.  The people who know me see me as a person who happens to drive a Charger.  The ones that don't know me see me as the guy with the Charger.  Even when people who know me are involved, I have the sneaky feeling that the sometimes the car still wins.   :icon_smile_big: 

It's funny but ever since 'The beast', as my coworkers call it, left its tire marks on the company parking lot I get a whole lot more done and people leave me alone more often now!   :2thumbs:   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

c00nhunterjoe

"Holy s#*t!!! Youre the guy with the general lee!!!" ...... yeah. I get that alot

Plum Crazy 68

When I was young and wet behind the ears the car definately helped to define me.  Now that I am a seasoned old guy that has been around the block and done a few things to build my own character I define the car.  But, the car certainly got me there. :2thumbs:

Ghoste

My reason for asking in the first place was because I had always thought I defined myself and happen to drive a cool car but I'm finding lately that even family and friends, even my kids often define me by the car.
As AC/DC once posed, "Who Made Who"?

cdr

my charger lives in the garage, it has been rarely seen, so to answer the question, no & no.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

HeavyFuel

Sadly, neither.

Classic, handsome, fast, muscular, well designed, rare, desirable, noticable, timeless, 60's vibe, and the chicks dig it.  Just simply one of the greatest cars ever made.

All of the things the Charger is......I'm not.   :'(

Challenger340

I was a Mopar Drag Racer all my Life !
Anybody knows me, who have found out I now have a "stock" Old Dodge Charger hanging around.... well, most think I must have bumped my noggin ? or shot my wife ?
Even weirder.... the wife now says SHE wants to drive it ???
She MUST have bumper HER gourde if she thinks I'm gonna let the original "Drive by BRAILE" award winner, get behind the wheel of this Charger !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

bull

As soon as I read the thread title, without looking at the author, I knew it was started by Ghoste. :lol:

cdr

Quote from: Challenger340 on January 03, 2014, 04:27:54 PM
I was a Mopar Drag Racer all my Life !
Anybody knows me, who have found out I now have a "stock" Old Dodge Charger hanging around.... well, most think I must have bumped my noggin ? or shot my wife ?
Even weirder.... the wife now says SHE wants to drive it ???
She MUST have bumper HER gourde if she thinks I'm gonna let the original "Drive by BRAILE" award winner, get behind the wheel of this Charger !

you crack me up  :smilielol:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Ghoste

Quote from: bull on January 03, 2014, 04:29:52 PM
As soon as I read the thread title, without looking at the author, I knew it was started by Ghoste. :lol:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Am I that goofy? :lol:

bull

Don't make me answer that. :icon_smile_cool: Don't worry, I've got nothing bad to say about you. Let's just say your threads are interesting and very rhetorical.

Ghoste

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Ghoste on January 03, 2014, 11:26:40 AM
So do people not even know your name but recognize for the car or do they know the car but have no idea who owns it?

All of the above...

Baldwinvette77

First i was the corvette kid, then i was the cutlass kid (im not kidding, thats what people called me) Now im Bo Duke  (seriously) :rofl:

Just 6T9 CHGR

AKA "The Game Changer"  Said the guy in the wife beater shirt, cut off jean shorts, and a cigar at the gas station outside of the Carlisle fairgrounds  ;)

Locally people know me & the car.....globally its just the car LOL
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

War wagon

I would have to say no it doesn't.
Most folks that know me say " mid life crisis over now, you bought a real car?!!" Lmao
It does suit me a whole lot better than my last ride :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: War wagon on January 03, 2014, 06:53:39 PM
I would have to say no it doesn't.
Most folks that know me say " mid life crisis over now, you bought a real car?!!" Lmao
It does suit me a whole lot better than my last ride :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

and your last car was???  :D

War wagon

Full interior street car, held the record for fastest in Canada for 4yrs :D
Best E.T was 9.74@142mph :icon_smile_big:
But I'm 45 next month and 6 6' LOL it was just a daily driver gone horribly wrong  :smilielol:

BrianShaughnessy

I'm just the guy with the black Charger.   :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

billschroeder5842

I'm "Bill the car guy" as I go back and forth between Chargers and Roadrunners with the occasional old BMW.

In any car, I can find beauty. However I think that AMC Pacers are weird.

Texas Proud!

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

BB1

Delete my profile

daveco

In H.S. and Army years, definitely known as "That Guy With the Blue Charger". :icon_smile_cool:
R/Tree