News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you define your Charger or does it you

Started by Ghoste, January 03, 2014, 11:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does your Charger define how people think of you?

Yep, well known as the Charger guy
25 (50%)
No, it's a car and I am known by my name
10 (20%)
Dude, pass that bong
15 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Ghoste

So do people not even know your name but recognize for the car or do they know the car but have no idea who owns it?

Dino

A bit of A and B.  The people who know me see me as a person who happens to drive a Charger.  The ones that don't know me see me as the guy with the Charger.  Even when people who know me are involved, I have the sneaky feeling that the sometimes the car still wins.   :icon_smile_big: 

It's funny but ever since 'The beast', as my coworkers call it, left its tire marks on the company parking lot I get a whole lot more done and people leave me alone more often now!   :2thumbs:   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

c00nhunterjoe

"Holy s#*t!!! Youre the guy with the general lee!!!" ...... yeah. I get that alot

Plum Crazy 68

When I was young and wet behind the ears the car definately helped to define me.  Now that I am a seasoned old guy that has been around the block and done a few things to build my own character I define the car.  But, the car certainly got me there. :2thumbs:

Ghoste

My reason for asking in the first place was because I had always thought I defined myself and happen to drive a cool car but I'm finding lately that even family and friends, even my kids often define me by the car.
As AC/DC once posed, "Who Made Who"?

cdr

my charger lives in the garage, it has been rarely seen, so to answer the question, no & no.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

HeavyFuel

Sadly, neither.

Classic, handsome, fast, muscular, well designed, rare, desirable, noticable, timeless, 60's vibe, and the chicks dig it.  Just simply one of the greatest cars ever made.

All of the things the Charger is......I'm not.   :'(

Challenger340

I was a Mopar Drag Racer all my Life !
Anybody knows me, who have found out I now have a "stock" Old Dodge Charger hanging around.... well, most think I must have bumped my noggin ? or shot my wife ?
Even weirder.... the wife now says SHE wants to drive it ???
She MUST have bumper HER gourde if she thinks I'm gonna let the original "Drive by BRAILE" award winner, get behind the wheel of this Charger !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

bull

As soon as I read the thread title, without looking at the author, I knew it was started by Ghoste. :lol:

cdr

Quote from: Challenger340 on January 03, 2014, 04:27:54 PM
I was a Mopar Drag Racer all my Life !
Anybody knows me, who have found out I now have a "stock" Old Dodge Charger hanging around.... well, most think I must have bumped my noggin ? or shot my wife ?
Even weirder.... the wife now says SHE wants to drive it ???
She MUST have bumper HER gourde if she thinks I'm gonna let the original "Drive by BRAILE" award winner, get behind the wheel of this Charger !

you crack me up  :smilielol:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Ghoste

Quote from: bull on January 03, 2014, 04:29:52 PM
As soon as I read the thread title, without looking at the author, I knew it was started by Ghoste. :lol:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Am I that goofy? :lol:

bull

Don't make me answer that. :icon_smile_cool: Don't worry, I've got nothing bad to say about you. Let's just say your threads are interesting and very rhetorical.

Ghoste

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Ghoste on January 03, 2014, 11:26:40 AM
So do people not even know your name but recognize for the car or do they know the car but have no idea who owns it?

All of the above...

Baldwinvette77

First i was the corvette kid, then i was the cutlass kid (im not kidding, thats what people called me) Now im Bo Duke  (seriously) :rofl:

Just 6T9 CHGR

AKA "The Game Changer"  Said the guy in the wife beater shirt, cut off jean shorts, and a cigar at the gas station outside of the Carlisle fairgrounds  ;)

Locally people know me & the car.....globally its just the car LOL
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

War wagon

I would have to say no it doesn't.
Most folks that know me say " mid life crisis over now, you bought a real car?!!" Lmao
It does suit me a whole lot better than my last ride :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: War wagon on January 03, 2014, 06:53:39 PM
I would have to say no it doesn't.
Most folks that know me say " mid life crisis over now, you bought a real car?!!" Lmao
It does suit me a whole lot better than my last ride :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

and your last car was???  :D

War wagon

Full interior street car, held the record for fastest in Canada for 4yrs :D
Best E.T was 9.74@142mph :icon_smile_big:
But I'm 45 next month and 6 6' LOL it was just a daily driver gone horribly wrong  :smilielol:

BrianShaughnessy

I'm just the guy with the black Charger.   :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

billschroeder5842

I'm "Bill the car guy" as I go back and forth between Chargers and Roadrunners with the occasional old BMW.

In any car, I can find beauty. However I think that AMC Pacers are weird.

Texas Proud!

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

BB1

Delete my profile

daveco

In H.S. and Army years, definitely known as "That Guy With the Blue Charger". :icon_smile_cool:
R/Tree

ws23rt

In 1970 the local police knew me as the one with the orange super bee. I payed more in fines than car payments  :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents: Etc.

Ghoste

So does anyone think owning the car affects their personality in any way?  Several years ago there was a thread asking if Charger owners were more aggressive but I don't necessarily mean aggressive here.

War wagon

Quote from: Ghoste on January 03, 2014, 09:49:05 PM
So does anyone think owning the car affects their personality in any way?  Several years ago there was a thread asking if Charger owners were more aggressive but I don't necessarily mean aggressive here.

I would say my cars reflect me, but don't affect who I am .  :2thumbs:

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Ghoste

Fred

Quote from: War wagon on January 03, 2014, 09:54:23 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on January 03, 2014, 09:49:05 PM

I would say my cars reflect me, but don't affect who I am .  :2thumbs:

Couldn't have said it better myself.  :cheers:    Goes for me too.

TUFCAT

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 03, 2014, 06:23:25 PM
Both

... has anyone actually seen your car?  Do you even have a car?  Are you really human? :D

Fred

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 03, 2014, 10:39:10 PM
Both

... has anyone actually seen your car?  Do you even have a car?  Are you really human? :D

:smilielol:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.    

I'm sorry.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Fred on January 03, 2014, 10:48:35 PM
Both

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.    

I'm sorry.

What? you have be human to join a forum now? whatcha got against other species or alien races?
If stroker turns out to be some alien invader, hell bent on terrorizing earth in a General Lee im all for it  :cheers:

don duick

I am in a different situation where I do not have any friends who own mopars or any other old car and have no interest whatsoever in cars at all. they all think I am a bit of a nutjob for still playing with old cars. I have a 70 charger which I bought as a basket case. To my friends this was considered to be a pile of worthless junk and thought I was crazy when I told them I paid $10,000 for it in 2003. They never thought it could ever be revived. I got it completed and registered and drive it around. Because they know nothing about cars they are amazed that it could be  completed and they know I did all the work. So to their eyes I am a genius and the creator so therefore I define the car. By the way it is only daily driver condition nowhere near a showcar but looks really nice from a distance. {about a 10 footer} Where I live in the western suburbs of Sydney Australia my charger does not attract any attention. Usually on a Friday night I go for a drive to the pizza shop to get a takeaway and when I pull up in the carpark near groups of diners nobody even looks at it. For those who see me driving it and do not know me I guess they would think the car defines me. probably as a strange person seeking attention.   

Ghoste

Seems odd that it doesn't attract attention.  Jaded neighbors?

don duick

nah just young people. no interest in cars and not familiar with any old American car, I do get the occasional look when on the road but that is rare. Its got the standard look, B5 blue with black roof and 15 x7 magnums and quiet exhaust. love to put up photos in the before and after section but my attempts have failed something about wrong size?

myk

Quote from: don duick on January 04, 2014, 08:06:25 AM
nah just young people. no interest in cars and not familiar with any old American car, I do get the occasional look when on the road but that is rare. Its got the standard look, B5 blue with black roof and 15 x7 magnums and quiet exhaust. love to put up photos in the before and after section but my attempts have failed something about wrong size?

Upload your stuff to photobucket.com.  Free, and easy to use...

Ghoste

There should be a resize option in your computer where your photos are stored?

TUFCAT

bill440rt

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 04, 2014, 01:06:44 PM
Nice pic myk, ....I'd hit that! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

And I'd expect nothing less, Tuffy!  :smilielol:

Yep, people know me as the Charger fanatic around my area.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

twodko

If anything beyond loving my car it defines my gasoline budget.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

don duick

Patronus

Strong work myk, well done indeed!
I voted for the bong 'cause its legal, and well.. after those bouncies were posted I forgot what we were talking about.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

myk

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 04, 2014, 01:06:44 PM
Nice pic myk, ....I'd hit that! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Quote from: Patronus on January 04, 2014, 07:38:30 PM
Strong work myk, well done indeed!
I voted for the bong 'cause its legal, and well.. after those bouncies were posted I forgot what we were talking about.

Yes, Misa Campo is VERY cute.  Say what you will about the 'ricer crowd, but their girls are always top-shelf.

Ghoste

Lord Warlock

Would have to say i define the charger, in the beginning of my adulthood when i drove the charger daily, I think it had some defining influence on me, but once i set it aside and stored it, it no longer defined me and i began to define myself.  I still liked high performance cars, and have done so my entire life, but it all started with the charger. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

JB400

Both

Maybe you should look in the mirror before you start pointing others out :yesnod:

1974dodgecharger

I define the charger since Im the one customizing it myself to my liking.  Other may not like what I did to my charger, but thats why its my charger and NOT theirs....

Ghoste

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 05, 2014, 02:18:28 AM
Both

Maybe you should look in the mirror before you start pointing others out :yesnod:

I've seen his car.  :shruggy:

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on January 05, 2014, 11:14:58 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 05, 2014, 02:18:28 AM
Both

I've seen his car.  :shruggy:
I believe he's criticizing me because I haven't done anything to my car worth posting about.  Just another quick jab is all it amounts to. :poke:

TUFCAT

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 05, 2014, 11:41:33 AM
I believe he's criticizing me because I haven't done anything to my car worth posting about.  Just another quick jab is all it amounts to. :poke:

Actually, its because nobody's seen your car. :icon_smile_wink:

Fred

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 05, 2014, 07:43:06 PM
I believe he's criticizing me because I haven't done anything to my car worth posting about.  Just another quick jab is all it amounts to. :poke:

Well that's not entirely true. I did see it posted up once all be it very briefly.  :yesnod:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 05, 2014, 07:43:06 PM

I saw it once tuffcat its a  complete rust bucket (nothing wrong with that we start somewhere) and he is gathering parts to get it together, but in my opinion who cares if its rusted or not at least show it to people because it gets you motivated further to get it going.

You would think though with all of Strokers knowledge and advice he has given people on the board that he would have one up and running, but far from it.
SO STROKER, GET IT RUNNING!!!!!

69wannabe

I still haven't figured out how to post any pic's. Gonna try photo bucket and see if that will work. I always get asked how's the charger doing or you still got the dodge???? Most people know me as the mopar guy or the jeep guy since all the daily drivers we have are jeep cherokee's or grand cherokee's!! The charger stays parked most of the time since I drive a company van all week to work and mostly drive one of the jeeps on the weekends. The weather is so bad here lately have only had it out once in the last few weeks.

myk

Quote from: 69wannabe on January 05, 2014, 09:24:22 PM
I still haven't figured out how to post any pic's. Gonna try photo bucket and see if that will work. I always get asked how's the charger doing or you still got the dodge???? Most people know me as the mopar guy or the jeep guy since all the daily drivers we have are jeep cherokee's or grand cherokee's!! The charger stays parked most of the time since I drive a company van all week to work and mostly drive one of the jeeps on the weekends. The weather is so bad here lately have only had it out once in the last few weeks.

Don't be too hard on yourself.  The weather in San Diego is exemplary all year long and my Charger usually experiences that perfection under a car cover...

69wannabe

Quote from: myk on January 06, 2014, 01:02:42 AM
Quote from: 69wannabe on January 05, 2014, 09:24:22 PM

Don't be too hard on yourself.  The weather in San Diego is exemplary all year long and my Charger usually experiences that perfection under a car cover...

I know how you feel!!! It hasn't done nothing but rain here since late 2012 it seems. I don't have a paved driveway so unless it dry I don't move the charger out of the shop!! I really need a couple of loads of gravel and hopefully in a month or two I can afford to get some hauled in here!! That will make it some better anyway. Here lately if it isn't raining here the temps are in the teens and single digits. Yukk!!

69_500

Not sure how to answer this question. Can there be another answer like say a whole segment defines me? Guess I am more known at car shows as "the Charger 500 guy". More than I am known by name Danny. Then again I am not sure if I get called that because of my 500 or because I am bit of a freak about them as a whole, as well as Daytona's.

Will leave it up to Ghoste to decide.

Baldwinvette77

I wanna see strokers car, it can't be any worse than i what i got  :lol:  :cheers:

Cooter

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on January 13, 2014, 07:30:46 PM
I wanna see strokers car, it can't be any worse than i what i got  :lol:  :cheers:
Its posted here, and its not.....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Baldwinvette77

Dreamcar

A&B for now, but it depends on how you see things and who you are (acquaintance, neighbor, friend, or family).

I have a beautiful wife and two amazing young children (ages 1 and 3). I have a desk job, wear dress shirts and dress pants every day to work, and live in a newer middle-class neighborhood. So that pretty much paints certain picture of me (some would say very boring, but to each his/her own) for my neighbors and co-workers. 98% of the time, this is likely the image that people have so the car doesn't define me at all, IMO. Only those people really close to me know that I love cars, particularly 69 Chargers. They already know that my love of cars, specially older ones, does somewhat define me. 

For those that venture out at night in the summer will see my garage door open, and me in the process of rebuilding my very dusty, multi-colored, very dismantled, 69 Charger with no interior. I'm usually just wearing old stained jeans and a t-shirt. So, I would say that the car, in that situation, is playing a part in defining me (a guy who loves old cars) for those that don't quite know me personally.

When the car is done (someday), I would say that it'll have more of an influence defining me as it will be visible (and heard  :icon_smile_big:) by most people who don't know me personally.

"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Tilar

Quote from: Ghoste on January 04, 2014, 08:50:45 PM
Cute?  She is way past cute my friend.  :yesnod:

lol, that reminds me of the time my son showed me a picture of a girlfriend he had when he was somewhere around 14. I mentioned that she was cute, His reply: "Puppies are cute, my girlfriend is fine!"  :smilielol:

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ghoste

PlainfieldCharger

For me, I think it is the circle you run in. I was restoring some Pin Ball machines. Really liked it but didn't seem to fit in with that group...Needed more power..found this site and the rest is history.. maybe soon I will be know as PlainfieldCharger..to this group but what happens when I get another b body...lets say a 70 Super Bee.. :shruggy: