News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MagPul & HiViz

Started by twodko, January 03, 2014, 01:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

Two more corporations have left Colorado after state law makers there passed "knee jerk" pointless legislation banning firearm magazines holding more than 15 rounds further restricting firearms and related gear following the movie theater shootings. Proponents of these new laws have assured residents that they will help stop gun violence.

I feel safer already.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

On the plus side, you can buy pot.  ::) :insertsarcasm:

Troy

Quote from: Ghoste on January 03, 2014, 01:42:31 PM
On the plus side, you can buy pot.  ::) :insertsarcasm:
Believe it or not, CNN reported that Colorado high schools have a major pot problem. Really? Never saw that coming! The only thing surprising about it is the source. Apparently marijuana is the #1 cause of disciplinary action (primarily expulsion) among high school students. Some of the interviewees suggested that 9 in 10 students had smoked or were smoking it regularly. Wonder who those flustered school officials voted for?

As for the companies moving, that can't be a surprise either. There is a waiting period when buying a gun. I think we need one for politicians before they can enact a law!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Mike DC

Restrictive gun laws wouldn't pass if major portions of the public weren't in favor of them. 

It's not like losses of privacy or increasing taxes, where the public could vote 300-million-to-zero against it and the govt would just ignore our wishes.  Personal firearms don't threaten the govt or corporate state.  We lose our gun rights because we voluntarily give them up. 

twodko

I grew up and served in the military during the late sixties and early seventies experiencing firsthand the societal conflicts of those times. For me smoking weed was a party favor not a life style. Taxing and regulating the sale of weed like booze is the right thing to do. No one should spend years in prison for smoking or selling it and its medical value is beyond dispute.

There is no gray area here, weed is a drug just like booze but has far greater lingering, impairing after effects. It's a drug not a life style and this is what worries me about future generations and this country.

My concern is there are huge differences in the next day after effects of booze verses weed. I fear a generation+ of stoners running things. I do not want to visit my doctor who got toasted the night before. I don't want politicians making decisions after getting toasted the night before. Same same with first responders et al. The list is endless here and I believe this is where "across the board" legalization will take us.  :Twocents:

As far as closer scrutiny of who is allowed access to firearms is concerned, I have no problems with it. I support background checks and waiting periods. I do not want a known 5150 getting his hands on even a machete but to deny the rest of us the right to own one because a few have committed heinous crimes is draconian. Might as well restrict vehicles because they kill too. Or ban pencils because they cause poor spelling.  
No "gun violence" control laws will ever keep the criminals from getting weapons but you can't convince the ultra libs of this.
All the libs have to say is it's an "assault weapon" and the sheep begin to jump through their butts. Anything than can injure or kill can be construed as an assault weapon if it's used in such a manner.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

polywideblock

I know you have it in your constitution but your Gov. for the last couple of terms have been slowly eroding away at your right to bare arms .  you'll end up like Australia were you can't own a gun without a "good reason" and "going hunting "or "target shooting" does not count(self defence is not even on the table) . they will use any excuse to stop you from getting a shooters licence   :yesnod:

they are disarming the public in preparation for implementation  of" UN directive 21 "  :Twocents:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Troy

Back to the original topic (and because I haven't done lots of research), did those companies move in protest or because they couldn't sell their own products in the state where they were manufacturing them? I guess that's sort of the same thing.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 03, 2014, 02:47:32 PM

Restrictive gun laws wouldn't pass if major portions of the public weren't in favor of them.  

I guess former Colorado Senators Morse and Giron would agree since a major portion of the public decided their votes on gun legislation did not reflect the values of their constituents and they got booted in favor of gun-friendly candidates. Hudak got schooled too. She resigned in order to avoid recall, a gutless move so the Dems could save the seat by appointment.

And don't be surprised if you see a clearinghouse in Colorado during the midterm elections this year.

bull

Quote from: Troy on January 03, 2014, 03:34:14 PM
Back to the original topic (and because I haven't done lots of research), did those companies move in protest or because they couldn't sell their own products in the state where they were manufacturing them? I guess that's sort of the same thing.

Troy

Yes, Magpul's move was mainly based on principals. I haven't looked into HiViz but I've read Magpul's goal was to freely operate in more gun-friendly states (Texas and Wyoming) as well as send a financial message to Colorado officials regarding new gun laws.

http://kdvr.com/2014/01/02/magpul-industries-finally-making-good-on-threat-to-leave-colorado/