News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help with Ashtray- is this for a '68?

Started by fozz71, December 23, 2013, 08:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

It was really tough finding pics of one, that was the closest I could muster.  :cheers:
They are very hard to find.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

JamieZ

My 68 charger has the slider ash tray (I couldn't figure out how to open it at first!).  I'll try and snap some pictures of it, this weekend.

el dub

Here's one. Fred has a pic of a clean one too.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Ghoste

Look at all the burn marks up in the top of the compartment.  :lol:

el dub

Yea, I didn't plate that cause I'm still a smoker. Besides that you have to take your eyes off the road to put the butt out in the normal area. And sparks blow out on the carpet. Good thing was the sparks would not burn a hole in the original carpet, but will in an aftermarket carpet.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

JamieZ

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Moparparts

That is in nice shape for a slide type but i wonder if the pad is for a Charger with rally dash or a Road Runner with standard dash as they have it listed incorrectly as fitting both. The pads on the door are different for standard to rally dash applications. Even the non padded tilt type ash tray doors are different from standard to rally dash on the 68 to 69 and the 70 as well

Quote from: bill440rt on January 04, 2014, 08:28:11 AM
I was browsing on eBay this morning and came across this & remembered this thread.
Maybe this will help?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-68-dodge-charger-gtx-road-runner-ashtray-dash-pad-assembly-oe-exc-super-bee-/181294323691?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a35fbd7eb&vxp=mtr

bill440rt

Exactly.
I couldn't tell from his pics alone. Maybe contact the selling to find out what car specifically it came out of?  :shruggy:

Quote from: Moparparts on January 04, 2014, 01:37:17 PM
That is in nice shape for a slide type but i wonder if the pad is for a Charger with rally dash or a Road Runner with standard dash as they have it listed incorrectly as fitting both. The pads on the door are different for standard to rally dash applications. Even the non padded tilt type ash tray doors are different from standard to rally dash on the 68 to 69 and the 70 as well

Quote from: bill440rt on January 04, 2014, 08:28:11 AM
I was browsing on eBay this morning and came across this & remembered this thread.
Maybe this will help?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-68-dodge-charger-gtx-road-runner-ashtray-dash-pad-assembly-oe-exc-super-bee-/181294323691?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a35fbd7eb&vxp=mtr

fozz71

If any of you guys need a slider receiver- I have a spare available. No sure what car it fits, but if you can figure that out- its available.

Thanks,
Jim