News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

do you guys even listen to the radio in the car?

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 01, 2014, 01:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

Listen to the radio all the time, especially on trips.  Only the charger has only a radio with no tape, cd, or other option.  AMFM will have to do in that car, until i feel comfy driving it long distance to a big show, then i'll have to install a radio in it too. 

My new challenger has a hard drive in it with 360 songs from the 70s, 80s, and 90s (mostly 80s) pretty much every album i bought in mp3's loaded to stereo, love it. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

HeavyFuel

stock AM radio......it's only on when I'm sitting still for long period of time for some reason, like picking up my son from school.

ws23rt

In my work I'm on the road a lot and the radio is my friend.  Mostly talk and news.

Back in the day-- :lol:---it was all about tunes and my favorite traveling music was the eagles or CCR :2thumbs:

I was pleased the the old radios in my Dodges still work and they are still my friend when going very far.

Mytur Binsdirti

A383Wing

no console or shifter either...you got ripped off

polywideblock

have you thought about one of those hidden systems

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

don duick

if you have quiet enough exhaust definitely yes. you would need a loud radio to overpower the exhaust and could be annoying. I wish the inside of my charger was as quiet as a standard new car. getting old cant stand exhaust noise anymore give me a radio any day

WHITE AND RED 69

Got to have a radio in all my cars. Exhaust is great but it's nice to have the option for some music. Charger has a receiver with ipod/mp3/cd/aux in the glovebox, usb run under the carpet to the console, 2 polk 6x9s hidden under the package tray, 2 3.5" speakers in the dash, and a polk amp attached to the trunk divider. Original radio is still in the dash so everything looks stock but has all the modern touches of a modern system.  
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Ghoste

Quote from: Bob T on January 02, 2014, 12:07:50 AM
Quote from: Cooter on January 01, 2014, 07:40:17 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on January 01, 2014, 07:37:55 PM
no console or shifter either...you got ripped off
:smilielol:

And the budget steering wheel  :lol:

Clearly the original owner ran out of money after checking off the engine option. ;)

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Ghoste on January 02, 2014, 05:43:57 AM
Clearly the original owner ran out of money after checking off the engine option. ;)

I'm sure that the extra $36.00 would have been a deal breaker.

Ghoste

hemihead

I have one in all my cars but never turn them on . I want to listen to what the car is doing . Besides , all they play on the radio anymore is Rap Crap and lame Pop . Nothing any good .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

RIDELIKEHELL

No radio in mine either...it was cheaper to buy an era correct radio that didn't work to fill the hole than a delete plate  :lol: The music is my 440!
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Mopar440+6

I'm a certified audiophile so I've spent a ton of money on car audio over the years. My daily drivers always have killer audio systems, even my beater old truck has a full system. Even though my Charger isn't done, it will be getting a full system if I ever finish it. My thoughts are that it will have the stereo when I want it and an off switch when I just want to hear the exhaust...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Ghoste

As an audiophile though, do you not find it more enjoyable to sit still at home and really lose yourself in the music?

Old Moparz

Quote from: Mopar440+6 on January 02, 2014, 10:31:07 PM
I'm a certified audiophile so I've spent a ton of money on car audio over the years. My daily drivers always have killer audio systems, even my beater old truck has a full system. Even though my Charger isn't done, it will be getting a full system if I ever finish it. My thoughts are that it will have the stereo when I want it and an off switch when I just want to hear the exhaust...

That's how it is for me as well.   :2thumbs:

There is absolutely no way I can listen to a stock radio through a tiny paper cone in the dash, I'd rather leave it off. Years ago when my old cars were daily drivers, I had always bought a nice after market system for it. There were a couple of times the system was worth more than the car.  :smilielol:

The last nice system was in my '71 Scamp when that was a daily driver seeing 120 or more, commuter miles every day. I had removed & stored it when I sent it off to be painted & not sure if I'll put it back in yet.  :shruggy:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Mopar440+6

Quote from: Ghoste on January 03, 2014, 11:09:26 AMAs an audiophile though, do you not find it more enjoyable to sit still at home and really lose yourself in the music?

Absolutely, but I relate music to my life so much that I hate being without it. Yes, my vintage rig at home has much better sound quality and I'm usually not doing anything so I can just focus on the music but I HAVE to have music while I'm driving. Especially if its one of the mundane daily drivers. But if I want to go for a joy ride in the hot rod, sometimes I do just wanna hear the pipes ring but more than likely I'll have "La Grange" or "Panama" up as loud as I can stand it. When I had my '04 GTO, I loved throwing the classic rock folder on shuffle and going for a ride over the mountain. For me its almost like having a soundtrack rather than really listening. Make any sense? :shruggy:

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 03, 2014, 12:02:07 PMThere is absolutely no way I can listen to a stock radio through a tiny paper cone in the dash, I'd rather leave it off. Years ago when my old cars were daily drivers, I had always bought a nice after market system for it. There were a couple of times the system was worth more than the car.  :smilielol:

I sold my last Neon for $750. Then turned around and sold the system I had in it for $1800. :D That car was a POS go-kart death-trap but it sounded good. :lol:
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Ghoste

It makes sense and music is a big thing to me too and I enjoy it in the car but I guess if I have it as any more than a background soundtrack I start to lose myself in it.  The same for the Charger without music I guess, I listen to the road and the machine and I get lost in that.
Two different but related visceral thrills?

Mopar440+6

Quote from: Ghoste on January 03, 2014, 01:11:36 PM
It makes sense and music is a big thing to me too and I enjoy it in the car but I guess if I have it as any more than a background soundtrack I start to lose myself in it.  The same for the Charger without music I guess, I listen to the road and the machine and I get lost in that.
Two different but related visceral thrills?

Very much related IMO...

billssuperbird

Fred

Quote from: Ghoste on January 01, 2014, 10:32:35 AM
In the daily drivers yes, in the old cars very rarely.

x2.  Besides, I have the mrs. sitting next to me. That should tell you something.   :rofl:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: bull on January 01, 2014, 01:29:19 PM
I haven't had the time to hook my radio up yet in the Charger amd after driving it quite a bit last summer I definitely want it in there. Besides, a black 68 would almost require the playing of some AC/DC once in a while, wouldn't you think? Shoot to Thrill is my car's theme song.

Or some Steppenwolf........."Born to be Wild"   :yesnod:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

hemihead

Reading this thread , I now understand why there is so many accidents  :rofl:  :smilielol:  :lol:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin