News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

do you guys even listen to the radio in the car?

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 01, 2014, 01:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Just curious?  I want to put a radio in the car, but cant justify it I have all the wiring all setup, but having a hard time debating.  I enjoy the rumble of the sound, but when your cruising on the highway for hours on end the sound gets tiring and sleepy and im on the highway half the time.

Baldwinvette77

the radio in my olds stopped working for about 6 months, i drove for 3 hours in it, and fell asleep at the wheel about 3-4 times from the drone of the engine, i recently fixed it, and did 6 hours with motorhead blasting through the speakers,without sleeping :METAL:

But seriously engine drone does make you drowsy  :sleep:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on January 01, 2014, 01:07:21 AM
  the radio in my olds stopped working for about 6 months, i drove for 3 hours in it, and fell asleep at the wheel about 3-4 times from the drone of the engine, i recently fixed it, and did 6 hours with motorhead blasting through the speakers,without sleeping :METAL:

But seriously engine drone does make you drowsy  :sleep:

Sorry to hear that, well it didnt take much, but after reading your post I went ahead and ordered everything for my car amp, deck, subwoofer, speakers. 

Baldwinvette77

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

jaak

In my daily drivers, I got to have tunes. Now in the 69, I don't have a radio, nor do I plan on putting one in the 68..... Don't know what it is, I just can care less about tunes in my cruisers. I love music (in fact I'm a musician), just don't care for it in my chargers. I actually have a CD player stashed away, and trying to talk myself into putting in the 68...but it will probably never make it.

Jason

myk

Depends on the car.  Like Jason, I'll put on the talk-radio in the daily drivers.  As for the Charger, I refuse to install a stereo in it; the only thing I want to hear is my exhaust...

fy469rtse

Cd mp3 radio, 600 watt sub taking up nearly half the back dividing area, 2 amps , 2 x 3 ways, 2 x 2 ways in the back, replaced centre speaker in dash with compact 750 watt 3 way tweeters in the side holes for dash originally premium sound package, 
Most of my trips with my teenage autistic son , favourite cars dodge charger, and he's got to play it loud , likes all music rock pop classic rock , has everyone looking because of the two sources of noise,
The car and the music

Ghoste

In the daily drivers yes, in the old cars very rarely.

Sublime/Sixpack

Depends on how long of a drive I go on. On the short drives I generally just listen to the V8 rumble. Music to my ears!
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

toocheaptosmoke

Very rarely do I shut the radio off in my cars, only when I'm trying to diagnose a new noise or the conditions get sketchy.  Usually the exhaust is loud enough to over power the radio when needed.  :lol: A stereo system is high on the priority list for my car.  :coolgleamA:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: toocheaptosmoke on January 01, 2014, 11:40:56 AM
Very rarely do I shut the radio off in my cars, only when I'm trying to diagnose a new noise or the conditions get sketchy.  Usually the exhaust is loud enough to over power the radio when needed.  :lol: A stereo system is high on the priority list for my car.  :coolgleamA:

Yup, im pretty much the same, im a music junkie as much as i'm a speedfreak  :coolgleamA:

Wookie316

1971 Plum Crazy SupeBee. 400 bored and stroked to 511, 727 spinning a Dana 4.30

XS29L

No tunes just 3" duals on the street and open headers at the strip. Those are the sounds I enjoy the most.
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

Kern Dog

Yes.
Long trips can be taxing to a man. Having a radio on, even if it gets distorted a bit when mixed with Flowmasters......Not a bad symphony!

XS29L

MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

bull

I haven't had the time to hook my radio up yet in the Charger amd after driving it quite a bit last summer I definitely want it in there. Besides, a black 68 would almost require the playing of some AC/DC once in a while, wouldn't you think? Shoot to Thrill is my car's theme song.

Dino

I need music. I can go a long time without it, especially sitting behind a 440, but when I need it, it better be there.  I kept my stock am radio and dash speaker which is great for listening to a ball game or something and I have a modern radio under the dash hooked to speakers in the rear (and soon in the doors) for music.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

stripedelete

Spent a lot of time in mine with no tunes.   Not anymore!
Had the factory AM converted to am/fm with mp3/iPod jack.  Dual speakers in front dash and two in back. 
Not going to impress any audiophiles, but, I'm REALLy looking forward to music in my Charger.

ODZKing

Mostly on trips like Carlisle or Moparfest.  Around town usually it's too much to hook up the FM and MP3 player.  By the time I do it, we're there.
I purchased one of those $500 radios for the 73 with the MP3 player jack and frankly I don't like it.  It works just fine but it is cumbersome to use and set up and just when you think you have it right, it's not and I fiddle with it some more.  The problem with having TOO many adjustments I guess.  I'm always fiddling with the TV too.  BAck in the day it was color and tint now it takes an hour just to get to the setup menu.
Anyway, I will use it for a bit in the spring but if I feel the same way, some one will get a great deal on it and I'll put my original AM/FM stereo back in that it came with.   :-\

polywideblock

i'v just bought a USA -630 11* 300 watt am/fm   ipod usb aux     http://www.ebay.com/itm/221242757947?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649  along with rear speakers and dash speaker for the charger    :yesnod:

I have the  earlier version of the usa-630  in the roadrunner (works great)   can't drive without music when I want it  :scratchchin:  but still just as likely to just go for a cruise  with the music off digging the exhaust note  

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

bill440rt

I never used to listen to music in the Chargers, & as a musician also I grew up as a music junkie. Music or talk radio is almost constant in the daily drivers.
After deciding to install a modern sound system in my '69, I listen to it quite a bit especially on longer drives. My son also likes listening to music in the car, even a bit loud at times.  :lol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Mytur Binsdirti

Ghoste

A383Wing

radios work in all our cars, all the time, and play when driving

some cars got CD players, others have flash drive inputs