News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ethanol SUCKS!

Started by b5blue, December 31, 2013, 06:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69wannabe

I think Lucas sells an additive that supposed to help with the ethanol fuel. I have some in the shop and I often pour a few ounces in the tank. I haven't had any carb troubles so I have no idea if this stuff is any good or not. I get it at o'reillys tho  :shruggy:

Ghoste

The Lucas products are fairly common around here so I'll look for that.  A lot of marina's around too so I'll look for the other as well.  :2thumbs:

firefighter3931

For the Ontario guys ; Shell 91 is ethanol free. Spoke with a local engine builder who takes care of the dirt track racers and he swears by the stuff. Makes more power than the petro-can 94 and is also more detonation resistant. Last engine he dynoed with the PC 94 blew out the ringlands on a spec motor.  :eek2:  Switched to V-power 91 and all has been good since.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

maxwellwedge

Great - Thanks Ron. The Sunoco/Petrocan Ultra94 is what I have been using....along with the occasional few gallons of C12 mixed in.  :D

Shell 91 is what it is from now on!

Ghoste

The Shell might even be a cent or two cheaper.  :lol:

maxwellwedge

My company gas card is Petro-Can... :icon_smile_blackeye:

firefighter3931

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 08, 2014, 11:51:48 AM
My company gas card is Petro-Can... :icon_smile_blackeye:

Isn't that allways the way !  :lol:

Marc (RideLikeHell) works for Shell in Sarnia at the refinery and had been using the Petro-Can Moose Piss in his Charger thinking that it was the best product out there. Funny....a Shell employee using a competitors inferior product.  :eek2:

I suggested he join the home team and he reports the car runs better than ever with the V-Power 91  :drive:

Now he doesn't need to fill his car up at 4am worring about being spotted  :scope:  at the "wrong" filling station  :lol:

Jim...you need to talk to that boss of yours and have him switch over to Shell   :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

Although lately I have seen Shell ads bragging about their support of corn gas.