News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Bullit charger is back for 700k less

Started by chargerman69, December 31, 2013, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB14404SPD

Shame that the republic of California will not let you to a DMV vin search.

Tilar

Quote from: BB14404SPD on January 03, 2014, 02:35:23 PM
Shame that the republic of California will not let you to a DMV vin search.

Well, California has never been noted for being very smart.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

lee2

Hey guys. this is interesting to say the least Bullitt is why im a car guy... although I favor the mustang in the film. but I could swear a while back I was reading somewhere the Bill Hickman (wheelman of the chargers) went out to look for and buy the cars because ford was sponsoring the movie. since the dealership didn't have any triple black ones he bought a blue one and a yellow one for production. after filming was complete the blue one was the one that got smashed up and burned and the yellow one had minor repairs made re sprayed yellow and sold back to the dealership. so perhaps that is the reason there is no paperwork of the car. Im not even sure if Bill is still alive but if he is perhaps he would still be able to remember. Im not saying any of this really happened its just what I have heard.
Welcome to Hazzard County. They do things different here.

Ghoste

I don't believe he is with us any longer.  That is basically the story as I recall too and on one of the deluxe versions of the dvd they show footage of them practising driving close at speed and the Charger is still blue.
I don't think everyone is saying that this car CAN'T be from the movie, just that without proof it isn't right for the seller to go around saying it absolutely is.  And for that much money, it does need hard evidence.

wingcar

Anyone who accepts a seller's word on the authenticity of a cars background/history without some documented proof is just asking to be taken.   There are too many people out there that know all the various tricks to making a car legit.  Too many Hemi cars have been sold in the past as original that were actually clones.   But, in these cases the seller got more money by claiming the car to be an original Hemi car rather than a small or big block car.

Bottomline:  In this day and age of people looking to make a fast buck by representing something as "special"... an individual really needs to do their homework.  Being lazy today will cost you money and heartache tomorrow.

Growing up in California, I have seen many "movie cars" for sale at various dealers through the years...and all of them were left in their original state.  The exception to this being some of the more racial customs which were brought up to display condition, but with these it was pretty obvious to begin with.   In my mine once you "restore" a movie car back to its original pre-production state it loses value.  When you remove the "movie scares" the car loses its connection to that role.   (Would you take out the dent Steve McQueen put in the front fender of the Mustang to give it a "used" look?)  After all how easy would it be to repaint a car and then claim it to the real car star?  Back in the day I had a '68 Charger RT that was yellow and I was going to paint it black and make it look like the "Bullitt", and it would have been so easy to do.

So if there is no documentation to prove this Charger is one of the two used by WB, then in my mine until proven otherwise, it's just a nice clone of the movie car. 

*Bill Hickman pasted away many years ago.........
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400