News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Maybe not the worst deal ever on a project Charger

Started by hatersaurusrex, December 31, 2013, 02:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatersaurusrex

http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/4264959886.html

The ad is actually for a couple of 2nd gen Plymouth B-Bodies, but a '69 XP 383 car is visible in two of the pics.  Instead of the usual 'that one ain't for sale' the guy actually stuck a price on the car (2500), and some notes about the condition.   It's rusty, but maybe not beyond repair from the description.  I'm wondering how complete the interior is - though he says the dash and gauges are there.

QuoteAddendum: 1969 Charger Visible In Final 2 Pictures

Seeing as how I have a bunch of people call to ask one question on the Satellite and then start on in the 1969 Charger visible in the picture of the flat hood, to forestall that, here is my comment on it:

-Car came from Georgia via Milwaukee, sold in IL new.
-Rear rails and shock mounts are rusted out
- Bottoms of fenders have rust, trunk is gone, trunk extensions are gone. Given the carnage to the trunk area, the rest of the frame and floors are salvageable.
-One bucket seat there, bench seat there, part of the center console is there, shifter is there, dash and gauges are there
-383/4bbl car, no engine. 8 3/4 w/ sg tag, originally bronze with tan interior

$2500 for the car, a set of rear frame rails to fix it, and a good grille. I am not interested in selling it, hence the price on it, but it will save me time to answer the question and quit getting vague time wasting calls from flippers like David. If you just want the car, no rails or grille, $2000. Car

If you are farther than 3 hours away from Murphy NC, please do not call me about the car. I am not taking any more pictures of the Charger, I do not have any real interest in selling it, but people have asked me to price it, I've priced it, so hopefully that answers the question. If someone is serious enough to come look at it, they're welcome to do so.

Phone Number: (828) 338-9953
Extra Pictures: http://s776.photobucket.com/user/velliott2/library/

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

AKcharger

Seeing this stuff makes me SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy my cars are done. Whoever buys those things likely has no idea what kind of money pit they're getting into.  :Twocents:

pippo702

Quote from: AKcharger on December 31, 2013, 03:25:32 AM
Seeing this stuff makes me SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy my cars are done. Whoever buys those things likely has no idea what kind of money pit they're getting into.  :Twocents:

I do!  :'(

Ghoste

So its basically worthless but he has little interest in selling it?  I think he has little interest in some of the goofy phone calls he's getting and if someone showed on his door with actual cash in hand he would be very interested in getting that Charger shaped bundle of oxidation out of his way.

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Ghoste on December 31, 2013, 12:27:53 PM
So its basically worthless but he has little interest in selling it?  I think he has little interest in some of the goofy phone calls he's getting and if someone showed on his door with actual cash in hand he would be very interested in getting that Charger shaped bundle of oxidation out of his way.

Totally agree.  Someone with no interest in selling would just put a 10K 'firm' price tag on it and say 'it's rusted everywhere, a total goner'.  His price isn't exhorbitant if the car is mostly complete, unless it really IS an absolute rust monster.

I'd say he has interest in selling but no interest in humping out to wherever he's got it parked and taking pics.   If it weren't 3 hours away I'd go look at it cash in hand just to see.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Baldwinvette77

2500$ comes with a grille and framerails, sounds good to me  :cheers:

AKcharger

Quote from: pippo702 on December 31, 2013, 07:31:51 AM

I do!  :'(

LOL, Welcome to the club Pippo! a good many of us have been there "Oh this isn't so bad, they reproduce all the parts so I'll have it back on the road in not time!"  You're making good progress and once you start driving it and drawing crowds it makes it worth the effort

472 R/T SE

Boy, you ain't-a kiddin'. 

I got into my '70 Super Bee thinking the restoration wouldn't be so bad until I started pricing out metal & labor.  I put it off long enough to change my mind & ended up spending a third of what I had budgeted for the Bee to buy my Charger with fresh paint (driver).  This car was once owned by Mark Worman, you know, he's that guy with the Mr. Burns nose.

You feel sorry for some of these folks who get into a ride & once the metal work's done, they're out of money or you have the folks who pay to have everything done, and I mean everything.  They're He was half way done & realized the money spent so far would have bought a nice driver.  This is usually the time folks admit to screwing up & not listening to others' all along who said to buy one done or close to it.   ;)

AKcharger

It's an easy trap to get into. People look at $25-30K for a finished car or $10K for a project  ($5K car+ $5K for parts) and think with a little elbow grease your done at a 1/3 of the cost! I mean that's a no brainer to someone whose never done one before (Like me with my '70)

:shruggy: