News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what do you think of this '68?

Started by cavemanno1, December 29, 2013, 06:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Peter, use PM! I check my E Mail maybe every other month.  :shruggy:

A Goat?  :puke: Never seen there trail lights, just headlights fading in the rear view mirror. :lol:

Well, don't tell anyone.  ;) I did a 1966 GTO 35 years ago.

Far as not knowing anything about cars and bodywork?  :scratchchin: Neither did I, but I learned. :2thumbs:

Ken
I am back

cavemanno1

Well i sent it already to your email address!So not a big fun of GTO's,huh?Well,guess you wouldn't mind THEM leaving the country,then? :lol:

Tilar

My dad had a 66 GTO that he traded for a 67 Ford Pickup.  :brickwall:  I was 10 at the time loved that GTO. 389 with 3 deuces, a 4 gear and factory headers. The sound alone would give you a blue vein throbber.   :rofl:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

nvrbdn

i had a 67 gto. loved it. took it to several shows. got an offer i couldnt refuse while putting the charger together. they are nice cars about the same size as the chargers too.  and yes gateway does have alot of cars to look at. the wife and i go there quite often just to walk through the cars and look. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

cavemanno1

Well a Gto has some charger features like sail panel,hideaway headlights,coke bottle body!How can you not like them?
But to each his own!

JB400

Quote from: cavemanno1 on January 03, 2014, 06:32:26 PM
Well a Gto has some charger features like sail panel,hideaway headlights,coke bottle body!How can you not like them?
But to each his own!
But, you couldn't get all those features on the same GTO.  GM designers aren't that smart. :lol:

cavemanno1

That is true my friend!

I have just checked ebay and the guys who over bid me cancelled his bid so now I'm the highest bidder :shruggy:
Don't know if it's a good thing or a bad because i never thought to win this car and didn't even get it checked out!Still 11 hours to go so I'm sitting on the edge of my sofa.

So do you think it's good for 24k or too much?

polywideblock

compare it to what they would be trying to sell you for the same amount over there   , is it a good buy ?
     well documented seems to be all there great starting point for a driver /resto  .

seems fate has stepped in  :Twocents:   

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ghoste

But it would be nice to have boots on the ground look at it.

nvrbdn

well, 6 hours and some minutes to go. its a shame you didnt get someone to eyeball it in person, but usually someone that is openly willing to have people come in person will be a bit more honest.

the car looks to be in nice shape. as long as it starts and stops as good as it looks, i think you will be golden.   good luck.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

myk

Quote from: Ghoste on January 04, 2014, 07:03:44 AM
But it would be nice to have boots on the ground look at it.

Not being able to inspect the car and maybe even flog it, as I did with mine when I was buying it, would be a deal-breaker for me.  I'd hate for the 'OP to go through the agony of waiting out an ebay auction, only to finally get the car and be disappointed with it for some reason.  In some ways it's unfortunate that this is how rare and wanted these cars have become...

cavemanno1

Well had someone who knows what he is doing looked at the pictures and suggested to look for an other car!The little and simple things were not done on the car so who knows how many corners they have cut :scratchchin:
The seller is a top notch guy,friendly and cooperative.He said he did the quarters himself because he works in the industry.Questionable things were the trunk panel,floors were replaced so why not the trunk if he is a body man :scratchchin:

Would not buy again without someone knowledgeable seeing it in person!Nice car the looks of it and nice options but if they go wrong big bucks to fix i think!

Hope it will sell well for the owner just because he is a nice fella!

Thanks everyone for their input!

cavemanno1

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

tan top

look at  who bid ,   3 same bidders out bid their own bid a few times     to me that always looks suspisious  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

cavemanno1

Well it's gone so searching continuous :shruggy:

Won't find a good car in my price range,will i?

myk

Not on e-gouge, anyway.  If you happened upon a local sale I would wager that it would be cheaper; none of that auction-madness that sees lesser cars going for more than they normally would...

cudaken

Peter, guess you did not get the car.

Where did you see the GTO? I just looked at what Gateway St Louis had and there where no 67's.

Far as you getting what you want for $24,000.00 more than likely there will all  wise be something that will need to be done. Main thing would be to know what you are getting.

Cuda Ken
I am back

cavemanno1

Ken,no i didn't get it!

That GTO is on Nashville craigslist but don't worry about it because i will wait for a charger!I know it is hard to find one for that price.I don't expect to find a reallygood one!As long as it has good metal work or engine trans work done I'm happy.
I have decided to put my Ducati up for sale to help me get a better charger!That extra 10k would put me in a better position but than again that bike is my dream bike so giving up my dream for the otherone is tricky!I guess we can't have everything and there are people who have bigger problems then mine!

Here is my bike for the bike guys!

Bob T

Cavemanno, get the best one you can for your dough and Be Patient! It will take time. It took me 8 months to conclude a deal. I remember reading the earlier threads with Veronika and how it turned out with the car, such is life man, take one on the chin and move on. The extra cash from the bike might make the difference to move into the next price bracket up, remember, Gen II Chargers are the most expensive B body out there. If you not set on a 68-69-70 Charger, you could pick up a Gen III for less $$ with more options or a Runner or Coronet with big block and 4 speed in better condition.

There's always more places to look, not just ebag, its too hard to try to bid on a possibly ok car there and get it inspected before the auction ends. The way I saw it, being a foreigner, I was committed to spending another $1500 or so to get it professionally inspected than risking my dough and getting a lemon, not bagging you bud, just how it worked for me. There are some agents around that will give an honest unvested report on a car for maybe $500 plus travel- if they say its crap, then walk away happy and keep looking.

There are a lot of people that will happily fleece overseas buyers and sell them nasty bondo disastercrap - but there are also a lot of honest American's who believe in a fair price for their fair car and I'm ok with that, its easier to pay a little more up front for a better car than a whole lot more when it gets to you  and its not how that described it to you. Also, as soon as some people hear the car will be going overseas, then they do not want to sell, or, when they hear your accent, they think its a scam and hang up, very frustrating. This is where an American agent can work on your behalf.

Try,
carsonline.com
forbbodiesonly
moparts.com

I also had a wanted ad up here and elsewhere, Good luck in your hunt, pm me if you want.
:cheers: Bob in NZ
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

cavemanno1

Thanks Bob!

Kinda hard to be patient but learned to be because my 8 months old :lol: Man babies are hard but rewarding work!Would never trade those nights that i was awake because of him!

"Unfortunately" i am dead set on a '68-69'!Nothing else but them I'm after.Shame i like cars that are so expensive.My problem really is registration over here.Can't get a license plate unless it is registered as a classic car and in order to do it the car has to be almost perfect!Now i know i won't find a perfect car for 25k but at least i could get one that only need body and paint or engine and wires.We don't have garages big enough to work on the car so the only garage i can find is barley enough to open the driver door half way!Plus would drive me mad to have a car and not be able to drive it because it would take years to make her Right.

Well we will see what will come up!
Thanks for the advise and the encouraging.Won't give up on my dream,never do!

Thanks,

Peter

1974dodgecharger

25k, you might be able to take mine lol.....maybe.

cavemanno1

Don't think you would sell it so let's not joke about it,besides she is way too nice for 25K!

One day i will have mine again!

1974dodgecharger

Your being generous you be surprised what offered me on my car and say, 'well the big tires take the price down 2k, the non OEM paint job is another 2500 deducted, the guages dont work thats 500 deducted, next thing I know they say I will offer you a 'generous 10k' to take this off your hands becuase its so modified that its hard to sell  :smilielol:

I quit telling folks I have a hotchkis suspension they try to deduct 3k from that alone..... ;D

people make me laugh.................

myk

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 05, 2014, 06:19:07 AM
25k, you might be able to take mine lol.....maybe.

Oh you!   :rofl:  That car is probably worth in the middle 30's; 30K at the very LEAST...