News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what do you think of this '68?

Started by cavemanno1, December 29, 2013, 06:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanno1

Looking for a charger and came across this eBay ad!Looks really good but something fishy.Says professional paint job and vinyl top but the pictures shows a rusty trunk floor and engine bay!Runs and drives like new but dirty engine bay :shruggy:
nice options tho,cruise,electric window but to me those mean nothing,rather have 4 speed anyday instead!

Still don't know what to look for on the bodywork where the bondo is or what is wrong with it!

What do you guys think of it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Dodge-Charger-Base-Hardtop-2-Door-6-3L-/201010973751?&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&autorefresh=true

Indygenerallee

Don't look bad but pics lie also, I would have figured they would have detailed the wheel wells out instead of leaving the primer overspray there!  :rotz:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

myk

Simple: they "resale-red'ed" the car, as in they had a car, sprayed it a couple of times to make it look pretty enough to sell to less discerning buyers.  That's not to say that the car overall isn't in good to great shape, but potential buyers should, as always, be aware of what they might be getting into...

cavemanno1

That's what i thought it just a qucik paintjob!The seller seems alright.said could view the car he is in St.Louis!

Got me the wanted pictures and that is what he asid about the dirty engine bay!

yes you can come see it I live in ofallon mo the engine compartment is dust due to the bodywork and paint job never got around to cleaning it back up the trunk pan was not replaced when floor pans were installed {by previous owner } the car is all solid except for trunk has a little rust it is a real nice car did you watch the you tube video

cavemanno1

can not upload the pictures,says same file exist but i have renamed the pictures!I'm sure it came up before but i1m too tired of searching for the answer for it!
Looks solid,no rust underneath tho!

By the way is there any member in St.Louis?

myk

Quote from: cavemanno1 on December 29, 2013, 07:02:16 PM
That's what i thought it just a qucik paintjob!The seller seems alright.said could view the car he is in St.Louis!

Got me the wanted pictures and that is what he asid about the dirty engine bay!

yes you can come see it I live in ofallon mo the engine compartment is dust due to the bodywork and paint job never got around to cleaning it back up the trunk pan was not replaced when floor pans were installed {by previous owner } the car is all solid except for trunk has a little rust it is a real nice car did you watch the you tube video

I dunno; I would think that a quality-oriented body shop would insist on pulling the motor during their work.  Then again, if the objective is just to get the car sold then anything is possible.  The seller is at least welcome to people viewing the car; I would look at that as a positive sign...

cavemanno1

plus he sent me the asked pictures and not trying to hide anything  :2thumbs:

cudaken

Cave Man, I live in Maryville IL. I am 14 miles from St Louis. When I first saw the Charger I thought it was one I did guess 10 years ago. Pm me the zip and I might be able to take a look.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Indygenerallee

One plus is the rear corners are not mudded over.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

nvrbdn

would have liked to see underneath the car. :scratchchin:

it does look pretty clean.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

fy469rtse

I have always looked under the hood, you can tell a lot from an original engine bay , dirty s ok in my book, it reveals the cars life , remember acrylic paint subjected to decades of heat and neglect, you get an honest view of car , now check for the usual rusty areas, but it looks like a reasonable car , always liked the 68's yes I know I have 69's and a 70 , believe me there growing on me

cavemanno1

Quote from: cudaken on December 29, 2013, 07:41:00 PM

Cave Man, I live in Maryville IL. I am 14 miles from St Louis. When I first saw the Charger I thought it was one I did guess 10 years ago. Pm me the zip and I might be able to take a look.

Cuda Ken

Hi cuda ken!

Thanks a lot mate!The seller sent some pictures underneath the car but having trouble to post it up here,said same name is existing but i have renamed the files twice :scratchchin:

I will wait a couple of days to see how the auction goes because if it goes above 24k I'm out of the game and pretty sure it will go higher!

I will tell the guy someone might be coming to check the car out for me and get the zip code!Let me know how i can repay you for your trouble!

Thanks mate

cavemanno1

just checked the order list and the fender tag and can not find any matching number on them :shruggy:
The order list has a vehicle id.number and it says xp29-h88-300737.The fender tag says xp 29 62 5 53 227 081502.
Any thought on that?

Ghoste

The vin doesn't appear on a 68 tag just on the dash.  Do the so numbers match?

cavemanno1

The numbers on the dash are matching with the order list vehicle id numbers so it's good!

cudaken

Peter, if your top bid is going to be 24K going to guess it will be a wasted trip.  :shruggy: If that car goes for less than 30K I will be stunned. But then again, you never know?  :scratchchin:

Still call me Wednesday at the number I PM you to remind me to call the seller. All so at that time tell me your max bid. That way when I arrange a time to visit the seller I can tell him if the bid is over your max $ I will not be coming.

Far as how you can repay me?  :scratchchin: Let me  :drive: drive it a few weeks!  :2thumbs:

Here is the 68 I did 10 years ago.

URL=http://s83.photobucket.com/user/cudaken/media/1-desktop_zps3ee028a6.jpg.html]

If you look closely, you can see my 69 Charger in the reflection.

If it was not for the power windows and cruise control I would think it was the same car. Well, that and the 383 looked out standing and had a bigger cam than the one in the video.

Talk to you Wednesday Peter, Ken
I am back

cavemanno1

Thanks Ken!

120 mile roundtrip for you is way too farand i can not ask you to do that!Plus i know it will go higher so i would not bid on it again therefore i would waist your time!
It feels real good to think i could own that car even tho i know it won't be mine!If it wasn't for shipping,import tax and etc, i would go higher but.... 

Funny i never really cared for the '68s always favoured the '69s but lately they grow on my!Still the '69 has the best ass for sure :2thumbs:

Thanks Ken again and Happy New Year!

cavemanno1

Quote from: cudaken on December 30, 2013, 11:10:57 PM
Peter, if your top bid is going to be 24K going to guess it will be a wasted trip.  :shruggy: If that car goes for less than 30K I will be stunned. But then again, you never know?  :scratchchin:

Still call me Wednesday at the number I PM you to remind me to call the seller. All so at that time tell me your max bid. That way when I arrange a time to visit the seller I can tell him if the bid is over your max $ I will not be coming.

Far as how you can repay me?  :scratchchin: Let me  :drive: drive it a few weeks!  :2thumbs:

Here is the 68 I did 10 years ago.

URL=http://s83.photobucket.com/user/cudaken/media/1-desktop_zps3ee028a6.jpg.html]

If you look closely, you can see my 69 Charger in the reflection.

If it was not for the power windows and cruise control I would think it was the same car. Well, that and the 383 looked out standing and had a bigger cam than the one in the video.

Talk to you Wednesday Peter, Ken

WOW,got more pictures of this sexy girl? :drool5:
I'm sure the guys woundn't mind seeing more of her! :popcrn:

cudaken

Well Peter, think it is going to break the 24K mark.  :shruggy:

Ken
I am back

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

cavemanno1

Yeah,it was my bid for 24k!The seller is a super nice guy and he sent me lots of pictures!New quarters,floor boards,engine trans redone by the last owner,professional paintjob!Shame i can't go any higher! :flame:

68killerbee

I live in ofallon mo. Pm me if anybody wants me to check it out for them and get more pics...

tan top

don't look a bad car , from the pictures, although as we all know pictures can be deciving !  ,  don't think its the one CudaKen painted  :coolgleamA:
in that  picture CK posted  the doors are all stripped etc from what I can see ,   picture below shows over spary on rubber & painted door hardware , Why ? ( same both sides )  at least  scrape it off after if you cant be bothered to  take it all apart  , that's no biggie in its self , bit if corners have been cut  doing such a simple thing taking a few screws out &  removing a couple of  rubber bumpers &  etc  what else has been  done or not been done  , more you look , more little things you see not right weird shapes  , over spray etc  :shruggy:
still looks good / ok  from a distance & may well be a good car , & a hours work would put them things right

don't like pulling apart someone elses car really even ones forsale
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

cudaken

Sorry Peter, I think?  :scratchchin: Not a fan of the car's leaving the US. I would have helped you just the same. Guess I am just a little greedy.  :D

Tan, did not take me long to know it was not Dave's Charger unless he died. Main thing was the power windows and no Beer Can's on the engine!  :smilielol:

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/cudaken/media/Real%20Cars/IM000135.jpg.html]

Far as the door rubber, stops and plugs yes that was removed. Screw's for the door latch?  :scratchchin: I think I painted them? I am not a pro when it comes to restoring cars like you.

Cuda Ken
I am back

cavemanno1

Cuda Ken!

Understand you completely but i have no other choice!If it was up to me, I'd move out there but it's proving to be too difficult! :brickwall:
Don't want the car leave the States but i can't have one othervise!

Steve!
You could highlight the faults to me,that is why i ask you guys what you think of it!
Got screwed over a bit the last time so i have learned my lesson!