News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Dukes Ride Again on CMT - what will this do to the values of 1969 Chargers?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, December 29, 2013, 12:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

On January 5th, 2014, nearly 35 years after originally airing on CBS, the Dukes of Hazzard will be returning to the small screen on the CMT Network  :coolgleamA: The show is being advertised as being run in HD  :scratchchin:

That in mind, how do you think the show being back on the air, might affect the prices or the demand for 1969 Dodge Chargers :popcrn:

Also, thinking about the HD, or high definition nature, I wonder if the networks have "remastered" the flag from the roof of the General Lee, removing it from history?  :popcrn: I have seen the previews on CMT, but all angles have been of the General in ways that I cannot tell  :shruggy:

Baldwinvette77

uhhhhh, my guess is that when people look at the general they will say, "OH LOOK, ITS THE CAR FROM FAST AND FURIOUS, BUT WITHOUT THE BLOWER"  :lol:

tan top

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on December 29, 2013, 12:37:29 PM
uhhhhh, my guess is that when people look at the general they will say, "OH LOOK, ITS THE CAR FROM FAST AND FURIOUS, BUT WITHOUT THE BLOWER"  :lol:

:lol:  yeah ,
kids will be asking  general leed up charger owners ,   it  should be black   or when are you going to paint it black & why hasn't it got a  supercharger  :scratchchin:

:brickwall:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

c00nhunterjoe

I can tell you as a lee owner, going to car shows/cruises draws mobs. My car is no trophy winner by any means, but just backing into a parking spot is a challenge from the initial swarm around the car.people of all ages want their picture with the car. I have a little biy who is about 4 years old that attends all the cruises looking for my car. His parents are funny. He is a duke fan. Loves sitting in it and honking the horn.

Baldwinvette77

Ghoste

69rtse4spd

Here is food for thought, what if they use the new four door Chargers.  :scratchchin:. Better get one now before the price goes up. :lol:.

Mike DC

Removing the flag with computer graphics would cost more than building that whole fleet of General Lees back again.  Don't worry about it.  

That kind of thing is practical in a 2-hour movie with a $100 million dollar budget.  A cheap used TV show from the Carter administration, running for 100+ hours of footage . . . that's another story entirely.  

(Although, I suppose maybe they could just blur out the flag and not try to remove it from the car with realism . . . the cost of that would be more reasonable.)

I doubt there will be much impact in Charger values.  

Maybe if the show was to hit VERY BIG again (very unlikely) then look for an increase in another 15+ years.

Lord Warlock

AS long as they refrain from jumping old chargers, and decimating the remaining population of chargers, I won't mind to see it on tv again, hopefully they'll get better acting in the new one.   Short shorts on a foxy chick won't do much to sell the yuck yuck acting of sheriff Roscoe P Coltrain.  Think the car was the star of the first show anyway. 

I doubt you'd see much value increase on the rest of the chargers, it'd have to be a huge hit to do that, and I'm not seeing it.  It still surprises me how well received the original was/is still. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

War wagon

Not to thread jack but amazing how many don't accually read the posts :smilielol:
I'm looking forward to seeing the series in HD. I was given the first season on DVD for Xmas one year. The acting is sooooooooo :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: badddddd it's amazing that show lasted at all.  
Didn't notice the acting so much back in the day LOL

myk

LaOtto70Charger

I still think Dukes is one of the better ones from that time period.  At least I cringe less watching it compared to Knight Rider or Airwolf. 

cavemanno1

I think Knight rider is still cool!yeah it's cheesy but it reminds me of my childhood!One episode had a '69 charger in it  :drool5: blow it tho i think :slap:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: cavemanno1 on December 29, 2013, 07:17:27 PM
I think Knight rider is still cool!yeah it's cheesy but it reminds me of my childhood!One episode had a '69 charger in it  :drool5: blow it tho i think :slap:

That episode, the car looked like Myk's orange 1969  :scratchchin: But when you watch the explosion, it's a 4 door Monaco/Fury which actually exploded...

Anyways, back on topic...  :popcrn:

QuoteInsert Quote
On January 5th, 2014, nearly 35 years after originally airing on CBS, the Dukes of Hazzard will be returning to the small screen on the CMT Network   The show is being advertised as being run in HD 

That in mind, how do you think the show being back on the air, might affect the prices or the demand for 1969 Dodge Chargers 

Also, thinking about the HD, or high definition nature, I wonder if the networks have "remastered" the flag from the roof of the General Lee, removing it from history?   I have seen the previews on CMT, but all angles have been of the General in ways that I cannot tell 

cavemanno1

yeah,you are right it came up before!sorry for the hijack :slap: my apologise

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: cavemanno1 on December 29, 2013, 07:28:29 PM
yeah,you are right it came up before!sorry for the hijack :slap: my appologise

No apologies necessary  :cheers: No worries  :2thumbs:

myk

They shouldn't edit out the Confederate flag; the General Lee and its show are representative of the zeigeist of the time and to change it is to change the essence of the show itself; why then bother? 

Besides.  If they want to alter something they should just change the horn.  To be more politically viable and correct, instead of playing Dixie it could play the first few notes of "We are the World," or maybe "Give peace a chance." 

Baldwinvette77

I dont think they will bother removing the flag, it really doesn't mean much to the modern world i find.  :shruggy:, yeah a couple people might be offended by it, but... deal with it, there isn't much if any racism or bigotry in the DOH that i recall, so i don't see what would be so offensive by having the flag, it's just there, its not really "used"

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: myk on December 29, 2013, 07:33:06 PMTo be more politically viable and correct, instead of playing Dixie it could play the first few notes of "We are the World," or maybe "Give peace a chance." 

pardon me while I vomit  :soapbox:

myk

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on December 29, 2013, 07:40:34 PM
I dont think they will bother removing the flag, it really doesn't mean much to the modern world i find.  :shruggy:, yeah a couple people might be offended by it, but... deal with it, there isn't much if any racism or bigotry in the DOH that i recall, so i don't see what would be so offensive by having the flag, it's just there, its not really "used"

Reminds me of the scene in the '05 DOH movie when Sean William Scott and Johnny Knoxville were stuck in traffic with the General Lee; the comments from the other drivers were pretty funny.

"The South will RISE again!"  lol...

hatersaurusrex

TNN showed the original Dukes for several years back in the late '90's.

Me and all the dudes in my dorm cut class the day it aired, and gathered in my dorm room to watch it.   We named our intramental softball team the 'Hazzard County Boys'

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Mopar Nut

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on December 29, 2013, 12:32:21 PM
On January 5th, 2014, nearly 35 years after originally airing on CBS, the Dukes of Hazzard will be returning to the small screen on the CMT Network  :coolgleamA: The show is being advertised as being run in HD  :scratchchin:

That in mind, how do you think the show being back on the air, might affect the prices or the demand for 1969 Dodge Chargers :popcrn:

Also, thinking about the HD, or high definition nature, I wonder if the networks have "remastered" the flag from the roof of the General Lee, removing it from history?  :popcrn: I have seen the previews on CMT, but all angles have been of the General in ways that I cannot tell  :shruggy:

Nothing new here, the series has been on TV land the last five years or so.

Quote from: War wagon on December 29, 2013, 04:56:33 PM
Not to thread jack but amazing how many don't accually read the posts :smilielol:
I'm looking forward to seeing the series in HD. I was given the first season on DVD for Xmas one year. The acting is sooooooooo :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: badddddd it's amazing that show lasted at all. 
Didn't notice the acting so much back in the day LOL
All I remember was Daisy Duke and a orange car.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Cooter

At least, and I mean the very least, it won't have 'staged' drama where constant bickering and bleeps, fake street racing/moonshine making, and some dude/chick 'twerking' ....

Yeah, gimme the DOH an day.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"