News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'40 Chrysler project.

Started by Windsor, December 29, 2013, 08:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

New guy here. While I don't have a Charger, this forum seemed to provide a good bit of info that I can use. So, I decided to give it a shot. Names Chris, my addiction is a 1940 Chrysler Windsor. Changes include 383/727, 8 3/4" rear end, EZ Wire black 18 circuit with reducers for original wipers and original heater fan, Cadillac power buckets with matching rear bench, manual rack and pinion, and currently working on power windows.
The weather has dictated what gets worked on, so multiple projects are under way. I built it with front and mid plate due to space constrictions for motor mounts (plus I didn't feel like having a heavy v8 twisting on two small spots on the old frame). I used the Hedman stubbed flanges and lake pipe kit to build my own headers which will eventually go to side pipes under my running boards. Due to space constraints, other alterations have to be made. I will be running a remote electric water pump, with the only engine driven item being the alternator.
My current problem is the oil pump/ pump cover. As you all know, the cover/ filter face forward. The problem with this is.... front cross member. I don't want to cut out a 4x4 section of my frame/cross member to get the original cover and filter to fit. I know Moroso has a pump cover that uses AN fittings for a remote filter, however, it also goes forward. I would like to find one that has the fittings go to the rear so I only have to cut and box out a small section of the frame brace and not the crossmember. 

Charger-Bodie

Welcome. I for one would like to see more pictures of this beast.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Windsor

Baldwinvette77

... i dont think they worked... but looks like a nice car from your avatar, theres a 1941 dodge deluze coupe around the corner from my house, primer red with cragers, never restored, but hotrodded a bunch over the years  :popcrn:

Windsor

Nope. I seem to be having problems with loading pics. Straight from my iPhone, they are too big. Liked from another site, they don't load.

Baldwinvette77

oh, yeah i get the problem, what is the resolution, like 2500 x 1800 or something?

i shrink them down to 700 by 525 in MS paint, then they work  :lol:

rp23g7

Sweet car, my wife has a 41 Chrysler Business coupe, with a 38 Chevy nose (sorry).  I have a 360 I am building to put in it though.  Built 30 yrs ago, that paint is original 10 coats of Candy Apple and Silver.

Windsor

Good looking car. Mine doesn't even look half that good. Currently mine is fenderless because I am working on the steering.
Had to start my comp. in safe mode, so who knows how big the pictures will be.

rp23g7

Quote from: Windsor on December 29, 2013, 02:07:23 PM
Good looking car. Mine doesn't even look half that good. Currently mine is fenderless because I am working on the steering.
Had to start my comp. in safe mode, so who knows how big the pictures will be.

mines fenderless too, rebuilding the front end, I have been tearing my hair out trying to figure out what the front end was, since the builder didn't remember what he used.  Finally found out yesterday after a week of research, 68 GTO, Chevelle etc, Phew.

Windsor

Sounds like fun trying to ID those parts. Definitely write down what parts fit for future reference. Just got my steering arms back from the shop, had him weld in new bushings and taper them to fit the R&P tie rod ends. So, tomorrow I will be able to steer it finally without tie rod slop. New fuel lines will go in tomorrow, along with the fenders going back on. Trying to get some $ together to get some rockers and rocker shafts and hopefully I will be able to get a driveshaft one of these days..