News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

340 stroker kit

Started by randy73, December 26, 2013, 06:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

Engine is tired and needs rebuilding, so I am looking to stroke the engine to a 373 or there abouts and was wondering what kits are out there and what companies make quality kits?

BTW: I am also going full roller rocker and I just installed a 46rh tranny w/2300 stall converter.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Troy

There are a bunch of places to buy small block stroker kits. Cheap too! Ohio Crank and RPM come to mind. I have heard that 340s generally shifted a good amount and finding a block suitable for stroking can be difficult. I haven't checked either of my 340s to see if this is the case.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69wannabe

You can stroke the 340 up to a 416 cubic inch at 30 over. Built one a few years back that was an awesome running small block!!! Just get the better H-Beam rods and not the I-beam rods. Have seen several engines fail from these cheaper rods being used. We ran the engine I built for a couple of years at the drag strip hard and spraying it with a 175 shot before it blew apart. If it wasn't for them I-Beam rods that engine would still be running. It was an impressive small block tho, we had it in a 68 barracuda fastback and outran all the cars we ran it up against that was basically similar in HP/class. Got a best of a 6.65 in an 1/8th of a mile with it. My 440 wouldn't touch it but it wasn't built for the drag strip tho, it was built for the street instead.