News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

some more info

Started by el dub, December 30, 2013, 10:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

el dub

What type of hardware holds down this piece. Also what goes to where arrow points.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

JB400

4 quarter inch long black phillips screws hold it on.  Sorry, no pic at the time. :brickwall:

Ghoste

The arrow points to a hole for door weatherstripping I think.

bill440rt

Yes, 4 black phosphate plated short phillips screws, about 1/4" - 3/8" in length. Same screws that hold the weatherstrip end seal on the back of the door as well. If you need some, let me know.

The top hole is for the long chrome phillips screw for the upper trim pad.

Attached is a pic, best I could find at the moment.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

Geezus, someone slap me.  For some reason I thought I was looking at the door. :slap:

el dub

Thanks guys for the help! Bill, is your piece aftermarket. If so, it looks like it fit pretty good. Who did you get it from if I may ask?

bill440rt

The seal is a repro, the upper pad is an original, and the windlace trim is also repro.
I forget where I got the seals, all aftermarket suppliers will pretty much have the same ones. I don't think they are being made by multiple suppliers. SoffSeal or Metro, maybe?  :shruggy:
Fit was OK, they have a metal core so you can bend & mold them to fit your jamb. And, they come with new screws.  :cheers:

Here are some:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-70-Mopar-BBody-UShape-Quarter-Glass-Door-Jamb-Pillar-Rubber-Weatherstrip-Seal-/390364301748?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae38689b4&vxp=mtr
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

el dub

HeavyFuel

Damn, Bill.....those seats are sweet.    3rd gen?

bill440rt

Quote from: HeavyFuel on January 01, 2014, 09:13:53 PM
Damn, Bill.....those seats are sweet.    3rd gen?

Nope. Corbeau GTS II.  :cheers: